It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Towers of an Ancient sun cult found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

13 Towers of an Ancient sun cult found

Source Link: news.bbc.co.uk

It comprises of a group of 2,300-year-old structures, known as the Thirteen Towers, which are found in the Chankillo archaeological site, Peru.

The towers span the annual rising and setting arcs of the Sun, providing a solar calendar to mark special dates.

The Thirteen Towers of Chankillo run from north to south along the ridge of a low hill within the site; they are relatively well-preserved and each has a pair of inset staircases leading to the summit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Pretty cool.
There's soooooo much about the ancient world that we still don't, and perhaps may never know.

I will look into this further, thanx for the info!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hi unraveller,

It never ceases to amaze me the intelligence of the ancients. Do they know who built this structure? They mention the Inca's, but sounds inconclusive. Nice story!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Thanks. IF anyone finds out more about this... U2U me or something. Or put up a new thread. This also sounds really interresting. It also surprises me their intelligence... even though they're ancient. We use technology to calculate, discover, etc. They used primitive things like stone, wood, etc. and sometimes do it better than we do. Like these towers for example... its well preserved for 2300 years (like the pro's stated).

Maybe the 13th bloodline was mistaken for thes 13 towers? they're both a cult... or maybe I'm wrong. I just found it quite a coincidence.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
hmmm 13 is a holy number like 7 cause it cant be divided i heard that sumwhere.............. thanx this is gonna keep me busy all day

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Might want to look into Peruvian historical data, like MachuPichu

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

It never ceases to amaze me the intelligence of the ancients. Do they know who built this structure? They mention the Inca's, but sounds inconclusive. Nice story!

These guys say ancient civiliaztions could have been as technically savy as we are currently today, suggesting that they may have even had electricty, and various forms of technology. www.thehorizonproject.com...

They also say the reason it doesnt exist any more is because of a cataclysmic event that wiped them off the face of the earth...

Oh yeah and it will happen to us in the year??????? Yep thats right 2012..

[edit on 2-3-2007 by perfectdeception]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
that is impressive, if they had electricity, then they were EXTREMELY ahead of their time...

My question is what happened to them? What kind of a "cataclysmic event" did occur? Ddi they just disappear? or did they all die? Did they do the same as what Moses had done, and search for their holy land and left their city/town/village and left it a desolate place?

Can someone find out more about their religion, they worshipped the sun... but in every religion, there are prophecies. And maybe those prophecies can be linked to what is happening now (or what is going to happen).

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well according to these guys.(who very impressive credentials by)www.thehorizonproject.com... They say that only a small band of people are usually left after the event. Oh yeah and this event has happened repeatedly.

The event you ask?

Our plant, our solar system, our universe, and possibly are galaxy travel on a cyclical plane. Well once every X amount of years we(our solar system at a minimum) pass through something they refer to as the "Galatic Plane" this cause some massive gravitational interference that actually shakes the planet.

When this happens it causes as you can imagine, massive title waves, earth quakes, eruptions, etc

The world is changed almost instantainously.

You may ask then where is the technology, where are the cities? They claim there is evidence all around us. This is a ancient battery
images.google.com...://www.world-mysteries.com/bat1a.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_11.htm&h=188&w=153&sz=4&h l=en&sig2=5LRLJMME33vyUZx27_u4tQ&start=3&tbnid=h9oa7Oq2MU5FzM:&tbnh=102&tbnw=83&ei=KdfpRcPpIqGqiwHRmdWbBQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dancient%2Bbattery%26svnum %3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

This is a ancient gyroscope with gears(dated well before we as humans thought we knew about gears)
images.google.com...://www.world-mysteries.com/bat1a.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_11.htm&h=188&w=153&sz=4&h l=en&sig2=5LRLJMME33vyUZx27_u4tQ&start=3&tbnid=h9oa7Oq2MU5FzM:&tbnh=102&tbnw=83&ei=KdfpRcPpIqGqiwHRmdWbBQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dancient%2Bbattery%26svnum %3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

The cities, well some are underground, some are buried deep in the ocean
images.google.com...://s8int.com/images2/dwaraka.jpg&imgrefurl=http://s8int.com/water25.html&h=438&w=300&sz=49&hl=en&sig2=leUhS CCsGdZ86eCvM5rw_A&start=6&tbnid=hgAVNSlfFXCsGM:&tbnh=127&tbnw=87&ei=utfpRZWzLZTKiwGQyaWuBQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dunderwater%2Bcities%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3D en%26sa%3DN

and

images.google.com...://www.edgarcayce.org/am/Resources/muinjapan.jpeg&imgrefurl=http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/underwatercities.h tml&h=218&w=400&sz=14&hl=en&sig2=bu8tgT2nBBFTzRgZzxwThA&start=1&tbnid=ORD-kuk1Q9JuZM:&tbnh=68&tbnw=124&ei=49fpRYPZM4GMiQGHkrzhBA&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dun derwater%2Bcities%2BJapan%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3DenM

There is tons more information.

What other evidence do they have, the polar ices layers show signs of space dust every 10000 years or so that normally would not penetrate the atmosphere unless there was not an atmosphere(cataclysmic event). If there is no atmosphere then the dust can be deposited on the planet

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the info PerfectDeception... The ancient battery schocked me (pun included).

If the world gets "shaken" (not stirred, I just had to say it) and causes major catastrophes every time it hits this "plane"... then the future sounds quite horrific. 2012 (if it happens) will be one great disaster.

Looks like all those people that believe they'll go into the 5th dimension, are in for a surprize.

Another question, if the people disappeared, because of this cataclysmic event... then why are the towers still standing? But what happened to the people for real then?

once again, thanks for the info.

The underwater city also got my attention... the one building liooks kind of like the empire state building (the tower at the back of the depiction of Sri Krishna).

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I dont know the whole story in regards to why certain buildings remain and why others did not. I know that the research continues and will continue for some time. I hope they are wrong but the data seems to coincide with evidence they are finding.

Yeah the battery and the under water cities really facinated me too. I will try to find it but I read an article about a city in the Gulf of Mexico that is around 300 miles in diameter that is un touched.

Like it was there one day(above ground) then the next it was miles under water.

I would normally have taken what these guys say as entertainment but I actually listened to a Pod Cast on the Coast to Coast website and was pretty impressed by the team of researchers credential(education, expertise, clout in there respective fields). That made me want to find out more about what they are talking about.

Any ways happy info hunting on the subject and if you find more keep me in the loop.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I don't know how reliable is this site but here it is. And I don't know if this was what you were referring to.

www.examiner.com...

I don't know if you've read it already, but it's quite interresting...

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Not exactly, I will look for it. Here was another one they refereced. This one if 5 miles by 2 miles and mostly in tack.

www.sullivan-county.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If so it's freaking amazing and makes me wonder why i don't here about it on discovery at all. possibly because governments know about this 2012 catastrophy on the way?

Wouldn't that be something?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Even if these structures were used to study the sun, do we have a right to call them a sun cult?

I mean, couldn't we just agree that they liked to study astronomy much the way we do?

If thousands of years from now, someone finds a modern observatory, are they going to call our civilation a sun worshipping cult?

This concept is just hilarious.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Thanks PerfrectDeception, interresting... a civilization older than the sumarians. One question though... did they have sufficient technology to travel across oceans? Maybe they could be linked, perhaps?

One thing is for certain, some countries did worship the sun (like Egypt). Maybe these people had the same thing in mind.

But with the technology we have... I doubt they (anyone thousand of years from now) will see us as a sun worshipping cult... These people lived in a era where they sacrificed animals(or whatever they sacrificed) to their gods... their ideologies is a bit different than we have now.

new topics

top topics

join