It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Signals block garage remotes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Came across an intersting story, how Military radio signals are playing havoc with neighbouring garage remote controls.

For decades, the military has held a portion of the radio spectrum, from 138 to 450 megahertz, in reserve. That part was borrowed by remote-control manufacturers, with the understanding that the signal be weak enough to be overridden by the military.

It seems that after the Septemeber 11 Attacks, the military decided to start using these frequencies again, due to issues with communications between responders.

The article also mentions that troubles began when the the 21st Space Wing began testing a frequency for use during homeland security emergencies or threats.

Not sure what it was about this story that set of my inner alarm, but it is definately fuel for conspiracy theorists, so I thought I'd share it.

Full article here

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
hi there

why would the 21st Space Wing be using this for homeland security emergencies or threats ????

since when have they been involved in homeland security emergencies or threats ??

snoopyuk

BTW. thanks for posting article

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
hi there

why would the 21st Space Wing be using this for homeland security emergencies or threats ????

since when have they been involved in homeland security emergencies or threats ??

Yeah, I was kind of hoping for some more information on that as well.
I know some of their duties include ballistic missile warning systems, so maybe it has something to do with that?

join