It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic Trick - Can Anyone Tell How This is Done?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
youtube.com...

Ok, this is frustrating me. I've recently been trying to learn a few coin tricks here and there just for fun, and one of them is a palm penetration technique. In the version I know of, the secret lies in simply using two coins, one of which you palm so that the person you're performing for doesn't see it. I got cocky, and figured I knew the secret to the trick. Then I watched this video... The kid shows both of his hands, spreads his fingers, does the same for the person he's doing the trick to, and has no sleeves what so ever. How the Hell does he do it!? I've watched the video over and over again, hoping to find some sort of coin sleight, or maybe a coin taped somewhere but there is none. I hope this isn't against the rules, but does anyone know how this kid does it? I'd love to learn the trick. I mean, I'm sure there's some sort of disappointing secret behind it all, but it's driving me crazy!

Thank a lot, and once again I hope this isn't against forum rules. If it is, I'm very sorry.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Interesting trick, but you notice how his left hand leaves the frame each time just before he does each trick.

He could be palming a coin off camera using an adhesive on his palm, and then when he smacks his hand the coin in view sticks to his other palm while the hidden coin drops from his left.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Interesting trick, but you notice how his left hand leaves the frame each time just before he does each trick.

He could be palming a coin off camera using an adhesive on his palm, and then when he smacks his hand the coin in view sticks to his other palm while the hidden coin drops from his left.

Well, whatever he's doing he is using two coins. Somehow he sneaks one of them into his assistant's hand before or while he's putting his hand ontop of hers. When he smacks the coin "through" her hand, he really either palms the coin, or has some kind of tape to grab it up. Notice he doesn't show his palms after the trick. So how the Hell does he get the coin into her hand!? He does move his hand off the frame, but just barely and it's after he puts his hand ontop of hers...

new topics

join