It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man aged 107 forsakes sex for longevity: paper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Man aged 107 forsakes sex for longevity: paper

Source Link: www.thanhniennews.com

A 107-year-old Hong Kong villager, who still enjoys an occasional smoke, has attributed his longevity in part to decades of sexual abstinence, a newspaper said on Sunday.
"I don't know why I have lived this long," Chan Chi -- one of Hong Kong's oldest people -- was quoted as saying in the South China Morning Post during an annual feast for the city's elders.

"Maybe it has to do with the fact that I have lived a sex-less life for many years -- since I was 30," said Chan, a widower whose youthful bride perished during the Japanese invasion in World War Two

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
It isn't such a shock. The reptilian Annunuki master species came down on our ancestors and mutated them with the snake and . . . You get the point. So naturally, the humans never had a sexual reproductive system. It's a mutation.

7A

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
The hell with that.

Why would you want to live that long any way?

The last years of your life you need help wiping your own behind, being spoon fed.. your not active... al you do is sit around waiting for 'the' day

i surely wouldnt give up sex to live longer...............................

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a life without sex is no life at all...that guy is a complete moron. He must have a very tired right hand though

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Considering he can't time warp and go back to see if sex would of made a difference, his opinion is mere speculation. More likely to do with his DNA and diet than the lack of using his plumbing.

Sounds more like PR news towards population control.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The Druids did the same thing......they believed that sex was giving away energy that was better used for learning and understanding and you were not to do that unless it was an absolute necessity. Druids lived pretty long lives, The Merlin, for example. It's only common sense, I think.

Ex

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Oh You -unromantic folks......
The story said he lost the love of his life.
Would you be celibate if you lost the love of your life,
and had no inclination to find another??

I think he may have found other ways to compensate
for sexual need
just not with another human!
I find it amazing that he lived this long also.

Power To The Old Guy!!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This is a Taoist thing, istnt it? The energy expended during sex is the same as vitality. But the Taoists believe its perfectly fine as long as you get this energy returned to you from your partner. In other words, dont leave her hanging. Its a jade rod thing.

Maybe this guy could never satisfy a woman so he figured hed rather just give it up all together than face constant embarassment of the pre mature nature.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I don't buy it. Here's a different opinion - Sex Does a Body Good.

top topics

join