It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is our universe a living being

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
our planet is a living being, when it is sick it shivers, we must find a cure.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
So the evidence for our planet being a living creature is that it shivers when it is sick, right? Thats not evidence. What do you mean by shivering anyway? Earthquakes? How does the earth get sick? And what would be the cure?

You also didn't explain why the universe as a whole is a living creature.

IMO, your theories are unfounded. Its more likely the earth and the universe are non-living constructions.

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Firstly: Welcome to ATS, Druid. We'll probably have many interresting and heated discussions in the future.

Secondly: I see the Way as being our galaxy. I see the Truth as the true constellations (contrary to Babylonian astrology which our astronomical names and borders etc. are built around) as outlined in the Bible, especially the Book of Revelation. And I see Life as God's power over this universe and those who dwell in it: Love.

Is Jezjuah a living being? Indeed he is. The Earth was the second physical entity God created, which he later recreated or replaced with a new Earth. In the beginning God created Heaven and Earth. Heaven was the first entity he created. Heaven (the constellations), Earth (the science of Geography) and Light (Divine Truth) is the original Word of God. When he created Heaven and Earth, he created them in the sense that he mapped the Heavens and the Earths. The anti version of the Word or Name of God is the Name of the Beast, Babylonian astrology (the Zodiak), a perverted form of Egyptian astrology (the Mazzaroth).

Peter was given the keys to Heaven which gave him the power to chain the constellations in Heaven and on Earth. Whatever he chained on Earth would be chained in Heaven, meaning that he was given the power to decide who should be in Heaven and who should be on Earth. The Vatican and her lovers have an anti version of this, it's mostly the same as the original Zodiak of Ba'al who is Satan. They have sought sent to Heaven even the Serpent/Dragon, but his place isn't found in Heaven (Rev. 12:7f). The constellation of Draco doesn't even exist. It is the right arm of the Father, and in the Bossom of the Father is the Only Begotten (John 1:18). Further the constellation of Ursa Major, called the Big Bear, Karl's Cradle or the Big Dipper, is the Son of Man (Acts 7:55f). The head of the victorious Word of God is the head of one of the fishes in the constellation of Pisces and his horse and his body is the constellation called Pegasus in Rome (Rev 19:11ff) and Orion (which I call either just Ori or Oriai) is the rider on the first horse of Rev. 6. And so on. The Name of God is explained in the bible in detail. While the Name of the Beast we can see in every book on astronomy/astrology available today in mostly the same form as in ancient Babylon. Most of the names they have chosen for the false constellations are highly blasphemous. Hence the part of Revelation which explains how the Beast is overwritten with names of blasphemy (Rev. 17:3). The ten horns is the Egypto-Babylonian system of ten day weeks or Decans, which geometry is 666. The seven Heads are the seven astrological planets which have been given names sfter the Greco-Roman gods based on the Babylonian Ba'als, the enemies of the seven stars of God since the beginning of time. They have replaced YHWH Sebaot with the Roman version of Ba'al, Sol etc. etc. But now we are starting to line up the planets carrying these blasphemous names as footstools for the Christ when he returns. The footstool of God is the Earth. First out is Mars. God has the new name for this planet ready.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
If it is, I think we're probably a really bad case of hook worms.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Valhal LoL!!! too funny

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Are you refering to Job and how God put chains in the mouth of the Leviathan (which is the serpent/dragon which lives in the Nile) now?

If you are, it's quite funny, for there has been a sub called Leviathan that has been hooked and chained to dock here for quite some time. That is real funny I think.....

To say it real simple: It's all about what you see when you direct your head upward at night. If you see a dragon in the House of God, or the Father in the Temple of Heaven. I don't see any dragons there, that's for sure. And when the Euphrates has dried out, I don't even see it on the Earth.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by mikromarius]

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I have no evidence , I just look around and make up my own conclusions. The earth and I are made up of the same elements.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Agreed.
And seriously, from the right macro perspective (of which we can only imagine) it would be difficult to view the entire universe as anything but alive.

Probably alive, and bumping up against billions of others. Just because we can't see beyond it, doesn't mean much at all.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Scientifically you could say everything is alive or death. Saying action-reaction principle is true (so no randomness, just actions which look random) life is just action-reaction, just like earth and all the other matter, only with the difference that living beings store information to survive.

The principle is however exactly the same, only the definition of life makes that earth isn't alive, but looking at the basics of life and matter are identical, both subjected to actions and reactions, only the actions and reactions for life make storage possible and stuff.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I see both the Sun and the Earth as being living entities in a greater body which again is part of an even greater body in an eternal living body of Light. Sustaining and maintaining life, and the same way in the oposite direction with cells, molecules, atoms, quarks and further down to superstrings, vibration and dimentions. It's all a part of a whole. The Body of Light.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid
I have no evidence , I just look around and make up my own conclusions. The earth and I are made up of the same elements.

Man, I am sorry, but youre not making any sense. You said, "Is the universe a living being?".

Then immediately following that you said "Our planet is a living being".

First off, the title of this post was about the universe. Second you answered your question to us with an answer that was for a different question. Third, when you were asked for evidence you spewed out nonsense.

If you have a serious question, then ask it. Let everyone answer it in their own way. If you have a point to make, then make your point. Let everyone respond to it in their own way.

Questions and points for you:

What does the shivering have to do with the fact that you and earth are made up of the same elements? What does that have to do with the universe being a living being? Are you trying to insult everyone in here by talking about something in a way only you can understand? So that noone else can understand it because it is nonsense....that way you feel smarter?

Alot of poets like to write in ways only they can understand. Some of them do this because they feel inferior to others. So they invent ways of speeking that are "above" the normal reader. This act is done so that it is difficult to understand. Thus making their own ability to understand it indicate inteligence of their own that isnt really there. I think thats what you are doing...prove me wrong.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Thus making their own ability to understand it indicate inteligence of their own that isnt really there. I think thats what you are doing...prove me wrong.

Cartman! Kenny just got here. First post ever.

Man! Eat some cheesy poofs and relax.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   

so's graphite and diamond.....

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid

Elements that according to quantum physics do not really exist...

Also, on a deeper level, there is no difference between you and the earth or the universe. One of the latest scientific theories is that all matter comes from the same source. Some call it the Higgs field, some call it the field, aether.. etc...

The "fact" that you and the earth or you and the univerese are two different things is really an illusion.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.pparc.ac.uk...

www.earthportals.com...

www.wddty.co.uk...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So if the earth, the universe and us are one and the same thing; and there is no doubt that we are alive. We can conclude that the Earth and the universe are in someway also alive.

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by TheBandit795]

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
An even better question would be;

Is our universe just the equivalent to an atom? Is it just a very tiny part of a living thing? Or a monstrous table, chair, beer can? Who the hell knows? Anything is possible. I do believe we're much less significant in the large scheme of things than we like to believe ourselves to be.

This is just another variation of the old "universe in my fingernail" hypothesis.

[Edited on 12-22-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
So if the earth, the universe and us are one and the same thing; and there is no doubt that we are alive. We can conclude that the Earth and the universe are in someway also alive.

www.ilhawaii.net... Great story from a wise Chayenne dude about how the Great Spirit guards the Earth and it's inhabitants, and how all life is equal in the great continuety of life. How the Great Spirit revenge the Earth and unrightiousness against it's inhabitants. The story is mostly the same all over the globe.....

My perception of the physical world is that it is merely a limited rendering inside my head. With a little turn on some knob in Heaven this water could turn into lava instantly and logically I think. But then again, I think so many strange things. The only thing that is completely real in this world is the things we cannot explain: God of Love, the Spirit of Life, Wisdom of Life and the Self of Perception and possibly a billion more things we can't fully explain....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
An even better question would be;

Is our universe just the equivalent to an atom?

That is more or less what I think is the really big truth that makes us all so incredibly small. Makes me think about the incredibly funny transitions between the Moty Python scenes: that foot that comes down from the sky. What if it was like that, or naturally on a much bigger scale, more like what you said. That's what I have believed since I was a kid, that our solar system is nothing but a great atom, that our galaxy is some sort of ogject and that the constellations are some kind of molecules etc....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Everything that exists in the universe is made up of the same thing. Or, none of it exists at all, depending on how far you want to break down the molecules that comprise all matter. It (and we) are all designed according to the same golden ratio/sacred geometry/phi. Every part depends on it's relationship to every other part. If any one factor is altered, it effects every other factor, to some degree. Whether the universe (including Earth) is technically "alive" is a matter of opinion, but everything requires a symbiotic relationship with everything else in order to exist. The human body depends on all of it's organs and individual systems to function, if any of it is to function. The Earth's various ecosystems fall out of balance if any of their components fall out of balance. The galaxies would not have been able to form if just one single element had had a different mathematical value than it does. So yes, I think it could be said that, in some ways, the Universe (including Earth) is comparable to a living being.

The more we disturb the Earth's balance, by sucking it dry, uprooting it's trees, testing nuclear bombs, and other weapons, on it, etc., the more it is going to react in order to adjust. I have no doubt that the Earth's quakes and volcanoes would happen without our influence, but I often wonder if some of the "natural disasters" we experience aren't caused by the Earth trying to swat a irritating fly.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
All this muttering about Phi being so universal. BS. It is Pi which is universal. Phi is just Pi in time and Epsilon, the cell division constant. Phi is limited to this world, which is created as an image of Man within the Image of God. The BS that you can see Phi in spiral galaxies etc is just silly, I think. It's not phi, it is Pi and revolution. Before the cell starts dividing according to this terrestrial beauty concept which is limited by such things as gravitation, oxygene level etc, it is round: Pi. Pi is concept, Phi is just one of millions of possible spirals visible in our world. It is limited to biologically created stuff. Perhaps the next world will divide it's cells according to a totally different spiral concept. Phi is a product of creation. Pi however is the ultimate perfect. As perfect as a perfect circle. It is eternal, but still it can be drawn by a child in a second. A spiral can never be completed unless you are God who is the beginning and the end. Well that's how I understand it anyway.

Edit: you can infact draw a perfect complete spiral: the number 8 which is basically two spirals intersecting eachother...... Would be much easier to visualise this in 3D I guess. Have to wait until I get a G4 with Maya I guess (drewl drewl)....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 29-12-2003 by mikromarius]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I believe everything is alive, our planet, the universe as a whole, even rocks are alive (IMO).

by Jezebel
but I often wonder if some of the "natural disasters" we experience aren't caused by the Earth trying to swat a irritating fly.

This thought already crossed my mind too...

<<   2 >>

join