It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coffin of Jesus... Found?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I've found the coffin of Jesus, says film director

A Hollywood director will today unveil three coffins he claims were those of Jesus, his mother.

James Cameron says he has proof that Jesus married Mary and that she bore him a son, Judah, who was buried alongside them.

Could this be another hoax or find of our lifetimes? Could this be the proof to Dan Brown's book Da Vinci Code? What do you think?

Scholars Criticize New Jesus Documentary

[edit on 26-2-2007 by mecheng]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Maybe Cameron will send Jessica Alba to defend the DNA from the Terminators that will inevitably sent back in time by the future Christian Scientists to protect the truth.

Or its just a publicity stunt for his new documentary.
Or whatever was found really doenst mean anyting anyone is suggesting it means and itll all end up like the shroud of turin and nobody will care either way except for a few fanatics on either side.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere...nobody will care either way except for a few fanatics on either side.

I would think anyone, regardless of their religous background, would be interested in the discovery of Jesus' coffin and perhaps more importantly, the coffin of his son.

That is unless they are too busy watching American Idol.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The biggest detractor in all this is that the infamous ossuary "James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus" supposedly came from
NewsWeek This ossuary was one of the major artifacts used to uncover the antiquities fraud Oded Golan back in 2002.
Although I am a proponent in the beleif that Jesus had siblings as well as children of his own, What this "documentary" and book are trying to do is the same as von Danken with his "Chariots of the Gods"
We shall see how this all plays out.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
On the radio this morning they suggested a DNA Test be done on Jeshua and the others. I do not know what type of DNA test they will perform because I do not know anyone who has a vile of Jesus' frozen blood. We could always ask the Vatican, but they lie even more the President Bush. Anyhow it is a great find that will disrupt the world entirely. I cannot wait!

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
The biggest detractor in all this is that the infamous ossuary "James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus" supposedly came from
NewsWeek This ossuary was one of the major artifacts used to uncover the antiquities fraud Oded Golan back in 2002.

I tend to agree with you. There have been forgeries before but here's a possible explaination...

Scholars Criticize New Jesus Documentary

Archaeologists also balk at the filmmaker's claim that the James Ossuary _ the center of a famous antiquities fraud in Israel _ might have originated from the same cave. In 2005, Israel charged five suspects with forgery in connection with the infamous bone box.

"I don't think the James Ossuary came from the same cave," said Dan Bahat, an archaeologist at Bar-Ilan University. "If it were found there, the man who made the forgery would have taken something better. He would have taken Jesus."

[edit on 26-2-2007 by mecheng]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Interesting.... as last poster pointed out though questionable sources originally however today on the ground something funny to this story

Local residents said they were pleased with the attention the tomb has drawn. "It will mean our house prices will go up because Christians will want to live here," one woman said.

funny

Source BBC

also another thread on the backlash to this by the church on ats:
Scholars, clergy slam Jesus documentary

regards

Elf

edit to add thread.

[edit on 26-2-2007 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
On the radio this morning they suggested a DNA Test be done on Jeshua and the others. I do not know what type of DNA test they will perform because I do not know anyone who has a vile of Jesus' frozen blood. We could always ask the Vatican, but they lie even more the President Bush. Anyhow it is a great find that will disrupt the world entirely. I cannot wait!

I believe the DNA test was a comparison between the remnants of the bodies to determine if they were related...

Though the bones had long since been reburied elsewhere, as was the custom, tiny traces of DNA left in the caskets were tested.

The results for the coffins labelled Jesus and Mariamne showed the two were not related by blood, leading Cameron and his team to conclude they were married.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It's an interesting find, but the theory is nothing more than a theory by Mr Cameron. To conclude that two people interred in the tomb must have been married because the DNA remains showed that they weren't related is a stretch of anyone's imagination.

At the same time, clergy will always deride claims that challenge their beliefs irrespective of the plausibility of those claims.

I admire people with religious beliefs and absolute faith, but have no time for those who are unwilling to accept that those beliefs are not proof of anything.

Grey

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Just an idea, but couldn't they take a DNA sample from the Shroud of Jesus and compare that to the DNA of the bones? If I remember correctly doesnt the Shroud have stains of blood? They could also date the remains and determine the age of those buried. I know by studing the isotopes found on the remains anthropologist can also locate were the person spent their youth and adult life.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey_Pilgrim
It's an interesting find, but the theory is nothing more than a theory by Mr Cameron. To conclude that two people interred in the tomb must have been married because the DNA remains showed that they weren't related is a stretch of anyone's imagination.

I agree. It's just a theory right now. One can't possibly accept as definitive proof that Jesus was married to M.M. simply because the DNA comparison showed that the two weren't blood related.

However, IMO this is just the beginning. I believe we are at the beginning of a time where more and more evidence will come out "proving" that the story of Jesus really didn't happen as we were told by the Vatican, etc.

I believe this "proof" is a deliberate attempt to cut the legs out from the church in an attempt to start a NWO an a unified one world religion. I also believe we will soon find the ultimate "answers" from Rennes-le-Chateau and will soon find out how that all ties in. I also believe everything will come to a head in 2012. (Might be a stretch, but it sure feels that way to me)

I believe we are at the start of some very interesting times which will force all of us question our beliefs which will ultimately either strengthen or destroy our faith in the church.

Just my opinion though.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by strangefires
Just an idea, but couldn't they take a DNA sample from the Shroud of Jesus and compare that to the DNA of the bones? If I remember correctly doesnt the Shroud have stains of blood? They could also date the remains and determine the age of those buried. I know by studing the isotopes found on the remains anthropologist can also locate were the person spent their youth and adult life.

Excellent point! I would think that the shroud could definitely be used. However, there are many people who question the authenticity of the shroud as well. Then there's the question of whether the church would want the shroud to even be used to "prove" these remenants were Jesus' since their theory is that he was married and had children.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Interesting post.I imagine time will bear out the validity of cameron's claims.Who knows??

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
I believe we are at the start of some very interesting times which will force all of us question our beliefs which will ultimately either strengthen or destroy our faith in the church.

You are assuming that everyone has a measure of faith in the church to begin with. What about those of us who don't? And isn't faith supposed to be in your god rather than a church?

Grey

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Matthew 24:23
"...If anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There He is!' do not believe it. False Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect-if that were possible."

This is about money, and "good TV". Believers of the Word will not buy into this, regardless of the evidence, if they truly believe what Jesus said. As a person of Faith myself, of course my mind is made up in the matter, but I concede that everyone is entitled to an opinion. That doesnt mean I'll be out protesting this documentary; to each his own. Hell, I'll prob'ly watch it. Watching these types of shows generally confirms the things I already know in my spirit.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey_Pilgrim

You are assuming that everyone has a measure of faith in the church to begin with. What about those of us who don't? And isn't faith supposed to be in your god rather than a church?

Grey

You're right. When I said everyone, I guess I meant Christians (sometimes I forget I'm writing to a much bigger auduence). As for faith in the church, I think people must have faith in the church. In general, I think they must hold a belief in what the church says otherwise, why would they go? That's not to say they don't also have a much greater faith in their God.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangefires

Excellent point! I would think that the shroud could definitely be used. However, there are many people who question the authenticity of the shroud as well. Then there's the question of whether the church would want the shroud to even be used to "prove" these remenants were Jesus' since their theory is that he was married and had children.

I think you are too right here. The church would never allow that to happen. It is sad when you think about how much power the church has regarding history and their need to fabricate it.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
In my mind, there is no reason that they could not find the coffin of Jesus or even Mohammed.

Religions of that time seem to like to have their chosen profit be devine. So the religions come up with things like "Virgin Birth" of "carried off to heaven by angels"

I think that you can be a human and become enlightened. That is what I think Jesus was... An enlightened human being. As such he was an inspirational leader for his time. He, obiviously, had a great impact on the future development of our human race. I think that he has brought many people onto the right path.

I just don't buy into the dogma. Read what he said, not what others said about him.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Already being discussed in this thread.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I would like to be the first to say that I am the father of Jesus' child. Finally I can come clean. I'm telling you...2000 plus years of plausible denial was starting to wear on me. Anybody got a drink?

Cameron might have been better sticking with ships...the ark would have made a great documentary. I will watch it though....i'm a push over for this kind of thing.

Oh, hello everyone....greetings from sunny Florida

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join