It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

160GB flash drives appear!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Flashdrives or non-moving harddrives have come a long way.

Now a solid state hard drive with capacities up to 160 gigs us available to us all-with laptops.

[news[With all the advances in NAND field, companies have started to introduce flash disk models of usable capacities for the commercial notebook space, not just industrial ones. Adtron Corporation has just introduced some newcomers to its Flashpak family - 2.5-inch flash disk models in capacities of 32GB, 96GB and 160GB.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Link

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Wow, just 5 years ago i was using 3.5inch floppys lol... where will we be in another 5?

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This gives way to new way to listen to your iPod? You can around all day and have little effect on a head hitting the disk. Great job on this find! This will make life so much easier for mobile storage.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Hopefully the prices will go down soon. At 650 bucks for the 32GB model it must be well over a 1000 for the 160GB. I wonder if this will use a SATA or PATA interface or will it need its own. This would make for a nice boot drive in a desktop lol

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Actually the interface is strictly laptop...as of now.

I am sure 3.5 inch desktop models will be coming soon...a lot probably depends on the sales of the laptop models.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Actually the interface is strictly laptop...as of now.

I am sure 3.5 inch desktop models will be coming soon...a lot probably depends on the sales of the laptop models.

well if it still uses SATA or PATA you can just slap on a 2.5" adapter and off you go.

new topics

top topics

join