It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: 3 Gulf states agree to IAF overflights en route to Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I believe that Israel will attack and the US will get the blame.

Israel will not stand for Iran having nukes.

As talks are not working that only leaves one option.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Israel is not a nation for peace and they will never be, history tells very well how a wagging war nation they have been since their humble beginings because is their God given right. . . Bible tells enough. . .

But what they are trying to do now is beyond what they can chew . . .

I guess in your eyes the Arabs are peaceful.
I guess you never read-up on Haj Amin Al Hussein. This was a primary Arab/Muslim leader of the time. Very peaceful indeed.
The only right Jews have (and you cannot deny or rebut this) is to have a state of their own. The fact that Israel is the ONLY Jewish state in the world give the Jews every right to exist under heir own flag - God given or not.

Regarding Iran - Although I respect Iranian capabilities (I have Iranian ancestry) Israel is more than capable to deal Iran a blow that will hurt and then defend itself on all fronts - Believe me

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Judah, you have to understand marg is simply regurgatating her leftist brainwashing.

I know who started the 1967 war... I know the arabs have a deep hatred of the jewish state. Hopefully Israel will continue to prosper.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
if israel goes in it....only losers on both sides remains.....no war can be won these day's....you can only win some time....perhaps....

wat a costs and wat a waist....for wat??????

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
if israel goes in it....only losers on both sides remains.....no war can be won these day's....you can only win some time....perhaps....

wat a costs and wat a waist....for wat??????

Ressiv,

you miss the point - in Israel's case War is not a matter of choice. Attacking Iran is meant to pre-empt their stangle-hold on the entire region. Just as a matter of proof, there are enough Arab state who are openly for an Israeli attack on Iran. Other Arab states are just being quiet.

Only Syria has something to loose from a beaten Iran.

Granted - An attack on Iran is not to be taken lightly. They are more than capable on putting up a fight. But Israel will know how to handle this issue strategically.

As I see it if Iran is not de-fanged diplomatically:
Step 1 - Take out the terrorist infrastructure in Gaza (this will occur with or without 'de-fanging' Iran).
Step 2 - Take out the threat in southern Lebanon. If Syria steps in they too will get a beating. If Iran steps in Israel and the US will pulverize them.
Step 3 - Take out Iran's Nuclear facilities.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Judah, you have to understand marg is simply regurgatating her leftist brainwashing.

I know who started the 1967 war... I know the arabs have a deep hatred of the jewish state. Hopefully Israel will continue to prosper.

As usual you true self shining again, your comments as nasty as ever, but I will ignore you this time.
is not even worthy.

Israel this time around with the middle east in the mess that the Bush administration has made of it, will be getting more than they can chew. . .

The Iranian people will back their government 100% this is not Iraq and Saddam . . .

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The Israelis are the dominatnt military force in teh region. THe Egyptians have no power projection abilities. The syrians have a weaker military than saddam hussein did, but they DO have chemical weapons.

Israël doesn't have power projection abilities either. Aside from their neighbooring countries... forget it. They are too little, they can't afford to send half of their military attack Iran, anyway, they wouldn't be able to do it, they say it themselves.

I'm not saying that Israël isn't powerful, i'm saying that they can't fight a war far from their home like the US is able to do. Israël wouldn't be able to strike Iran if Iran would have been in South America, and I doubt they would be able to strike with conventional weapons Tehran without US help.

Just saying...

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
consider how much sorties israel needs to destroy the iran facilities.....they just can't sneek in..and wat would russia say...ore china where the most of irianian oil goes to..

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I doubt they care what Russia or China would say, I think the risk of a nuclear Iran is more scary to them

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   

As I see it if Iran is not de-fanged diplomatically:
Step 1 - Take out the terrorist infrastructure in Gaza (this will occur with or without 'de-fanging' Iran).
Step 2 - Take out the threat in southern Lebanon. If Syria steps in they too will get a beating. If Iran steps in Israel and the US will pulverize them.
Step 3 - Take out Iran's Nuclear facilities.

Step 1 - Haven't they been trying this for decades?
Step 2 - We can all see how well they took out the terrorists in years past, last year especially
. Heck Israel had to pull out when they invaded.
Step 3 - Easier said than done. One of the major questions is what kind of backlash would be seen by the rest of the Middle East if Israel was the first to directly instigate with a figher plane?

With all the carriers heading to the middle east, all the rhetoric, all the greed for oil, all the propoganda, the fear, the lies, who knows what the future holds. I bet if we go to war with Iran, Haliburton would absolutely love to get their filthy hands in there. Sickens me that they wouldn't even contribute a single dollar to soldiers in a certain hospital in the US (I believe) who were maimed protecting Haliburton convoys in Iraq. Don Imus donated large sums himself to the hospitals taking care of the wounded troops.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
www.iraq-war.ru...

CAIRO, Egypt, Feb. 26 (UPI) — The Arab League said three Arab Gulf countries have denied Israel use of their air space to strike Iran.

Arab League Secretary-General Amr Mousa told reporters in Cairo the foreign ministers of Qatar, Oman and the United Arab Emirates said there is no agreement allowing Israeli jets to use their air space to reach Iran.

Well, it appears it was all bunk.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The advantage of flying over arabia is that it can't then be claimed the the US was 'part of it', and it can't be used to incite an expansion of the war.

I am looking for a link - but I was watching CNN this morning and there was an interview with one of the senators right before the intelligence hearing this morning..

One of the issues mentioned was the fact the the United States has authorized Israeli use of Iraqi Airspace.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by crisko]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
consider how much sorties israel needs to destroy the iran facilities.....they just can't sneek in..and wat would russia say...ore china where the most of irianian oil goes to..

Israel is our ally, where they go we will go.

We fully supported the decimation of Lebanon by waiting several days before we asked for peace, that was a sign we supported it. I know there are those who say Israel lost that war.. must have your liberal goggles on who knows.. but Israel quite literally tore that entire nation to shreds, decimated the people, annihilated the cities, broke the moral, destroyed the economy. It was an old fashioned WW2 style bombing run. Take it all out, leave nothing standing. That is how you win wars. You destroy and you walk away leaving the people helpless and shapeless. Iran poses no threat what so ever. Saddam had the 4th largest, 4th most capable army in the world in 1991 ... we destroyed it entirely within days. With minimal losses I might add, and mostly just through air power. Iran is weaker then Iraq was in 1991 today, they cannot and will not compete with either Israeli or American forces, people need to stop thinking they can.. it is dangerous to flout your power when you have none.

China has no army. They have people. Do you know what people make? Big massive targets for big bombs. China's army is poorly trained, poorly equipped, outdated, underfunded, even under fed for crying out loud. They have a time just trying to quell village revolts that happen daily. China cannot go to war with America, they may not like us, they may like Iran (China likes no one by the way, it is China for China) but when it comes down to a confrontation they will shrink back with their tail between their legs, they have nothing. China wants Taiwan far more then to keep the trickle of oil coming from Iran. Can China take Taiwan? NO.

Russia has money, no debt. However, a confrontation with American forces would be an instant embargo from the United States (We own most of the oil companies inside Russia bringing the oil from the wells) and Europe will have to back us up with a full trade embargo, cutting off all natural gas, all oil sales. As liberal as Europe may be, they, especially the old Soviet Bloc, fear Russia may soon rise to power once more.. and Russia has never been on good terms with Europe. Aside from that, Russia's military is large, it is the second most capable in the world, and it would be a deadly war for both sides, thousands upon thousands of casualties for America, BUT America has more people, 3rd most populated in the world, it has more resources, it has better war striking capabilities, we reside at their front door, their back door, north and south. Our navy is better abled, our air force can strike any where in Russia, putting the threat of nuclear war out of the picture we would have torn Russia apart along time ago. We have the most powerful industrial capability, the most profound war making ability in all the world.. no one can rival us. America has not seen all out war since WW2, all full capabilities of our army, our economy in war time production.. to see it today there is no one to stand before us.

Liberals seem to think that we loose 3 thousand men and we lost the war. What the hell? .. Surly your joking, projecting some awkward political scheme, but 3k men is nothing at all. WE have the economic ability, the military capability to keep this war running for decades, its actually helping the economy, and we are not even using the economy in a war time manor, so explain to me how we have lost this war? Explain to me how we could loose to any nation let alone Iran the big sand box? Under no condition can, nor will any nation step between us and our goals.

Understand this, we are the world super power, the one and only super power left after the ruins of the Soviet Union, no one will contest us. We can make or break any nation, France stood before us and their economy took a hit, they backed down. We can pretty much do what we want.

ethics in this matter is irrelevant when your talking about the actual capabilities.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Rockpunk,
In addition you must remember that:
1- Iranian minority groups make up around 49% of the Iranian population. Recently Sunni Muslims in the south and Kurds in the north attacked military targets with relatively potent results.
2- Iranian leadership are not happy with Ahmedinajad. They are growing tired of his foreign policies, the iIsolation of Iran and his tired war rhetoric.
3- Their relations with Syria is slowly tarnishing.
4- The US is concentrating forces in the Persian gulf again.
5- Israel is training non-stop in case a war flares up.
6- Israel has developed defensive weapons that can be used to defend against Iranian and Syrian missiles. These weapons will also service the US.

My guess is that there is a good chance that Iran will eventually fold. Their tough talk may just a facade before they reliquish their nuclear ambitions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join