It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: 3 Gulf states agree to IAF overflights en route to Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Three Arab states in the Persian Gulf would be willing to allow the Israel Air force to enter their airspace in order to reach Iran in case of an attack on its nuclear facilities, the Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Siyasa reported on Sunday.

According to the report, a diplomat from one of the gulf states visiting Washington on Saturday said the three states, Qatar, Oman and the United Arab Emirates, have told the United States that they would not object to Israel using their airspace, despite their fear of an Iranian response.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Link

Slowly but surely the path to Iran's nuclear processes is being made.

As a side note, I saw something on youtube-i will look 4 link.
It talked about all of the US's battlegroups are in a large semi circle around Russia.

I am not saying for sure, but I would really love some of our more knowledgeable members to confirm or deny that.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Uae, Qatar, and Oman?

upload.wikimedia.org...

That looks terribly far out of the way for Israeli fighter planes. Midas well just speed over Jordan, across American controlled Iraq, to Iran. Hell even just fly over Syria. Midas well piss the Syrians off because i'm sure Bush and the Israelis wouldn't mind dropping some gifts on Syria as soon as possible.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The advantage of flying over arabia is that it can't then be claimed the the US was 'part of it', and it can't be used to incite an expansion of the war.

Whats really intersting here, if this is true, is that it shows that the Sunnis are starting to get serious about smashing the 'shiite crescent'.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Our battle groups are in a semi circle around Russia? .. Russia is huge... and I see no evidence to support such a claim.. mind posting the vid?

Also, Jordan would most likely allow IAF to use its air space as well, so from Israel to Iran, and most likely using American bases closer to the Gulf which would require flights over Qatar and UAE.. so yes it is possible and very likely that Israel may be apart of this campaign with an announcement like this..

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It alerts me to the fact that Israel is most gung-ho to get this operation underway. While other countries, even the US are still talking diplomacy - Israel is talking air-strikes. If not, why are wanting to access air space?

It's a pity that the 'people' have to suffer. There will be no winners in this.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Whats really intersting here, if this is true, is that it shows that the Sunnis are starting to get serious about smashing the 'Shiite crescent'.

Well that will not sit well with the Shiite majority rule in Iraq that probably will raise to the occasion in defense of fellow Shiites in Iraq with more acts of violence against Sunnis and US military in Iraq.

Let no forget that Israel going out of its way to attack Iran will be an act of war not matter what and the countries contributing to the attack will be also part of the act, so if Iran attacks them they are in their right to do so.

Are we now to see an all for everybody sectarian violence between Sunnis and Shiites in the middle east?

I wonder as who the real terrorist are . . .

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Rock, here is a link to the video. It is about 30 min and from google video.

video.google.com...

I also wanted to be more clear, if you look at a world map, the claim is that there are American battle groups ringing it. a couple in japan, a couple in persian gulf, acouple in indian ocean.......now u see what i ment.

BTWE- i am not saying that is the case, it was a quote from the video and i was wondering if anyone knew the locations of the us 13 battle groups relitive to russia???

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by el_madmaster
Uae, Qatar, and Oman?

upload.wikimedia.org...

That looks terribly far out of the way for Israeli fighter planes.

Unless they are not taking off from Israel. What do the UAE, Qatar and Oman have in common besides being across the gulf from Iran?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Mainer, love the avatar, Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain is one of my favorite civil war generals!

Getting down to business, Israel has no option but to attack, this is a survial action for them!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
But wouldnt this trigger a violent counter reaction from the rest of the Middle East?

Would Egypt and Syria be ready to strike Israel? What is the current situation of their military?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianGlasnost
But wouldnt this trigger a violent counter reaction from the rest of the Middle East?

Would Egypt and Syria be ready to strike Israel? What is the current situation of their military?

Syria is a paper tiger, they may try to start trouble in Lebanon, but other than that, there is very little they can do.

Egypt, will protest, but not make a move they other worries like internal and Sudan!

IMHO!

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Never under-estimate your enemy.
Just because syria looks weak, doesnt mean they wont make an impact 'somewhere'

Maybe all these countries aggreing is simply to make it HARDER for Iran to defend.

If there's 1 border to fly over, well you know where to put your defenses.

when there's 3... you have to spread them out.

If Israel does kick this off,

Middleeast and ISrael/US ties are going to be tested to the extreme.. and I frankly do not beleive the ties the ME has to Israel/US will survive.

In the end arabs will not side with Israel, because israel is causing the palestinian arabs to suffer.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well that will not sit well with the Shiite majority rule in Iraq that probably will raise to the occasion in defense of fellow Shiites in Iraq with more acts of violence against Sunnis and US military in Iraq.

Indeed. Looks like the middle east is bound for a few generations of wantonly destructive internicene warfare.

Let no forget that Israel going out of its way to attack Iran will be an act of war

Absolutely, it definitly will. Iran would be well within its rights to bomb Tel Aviv into the ground.

CanadianGlasnost
Would Egypt and Syria be ready to strike Israel?

Israel's response would be 'been there, done that, got the sinai and golan heights'.

What is the current situation of their military?

The Israelis are the dominatnt military force in teh region. THe Egyptians have no power projection abilities. The syrians have a weaker military than saddam hussein did, but they DO have chemical weapons.

Syria has a common defense pact with Iran, so we might very well see yehudi troops occupying Damascus before long. But Egypt was smart enough to learn from the last time they got trounced by the yehudis to not bother messing with them again.

[edit on 25-2-2007 by Nygdan]

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Doubt it will happen.They risk too much in terms of mission success risk.
This is not Osiraq. Iranians are pretty well dug in with respect to this.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Absolutely, it definitly will. Iran would be well within its rights to bomb Tel Aviv into the ground.

What scares me, is beleiving israel will not allow it to get that far..

after all they have 'the bomb' where as iran do not.... yet!

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Do not underestimate Isreal.
Theyll go for it when they feel it is the right time to strike, specially if they feel that they are with their backs to the wall.
They have proved it before and their should be no doubt now that an Isreali air strike is organized ,planned, and only needs arming and fuel....
The pilots have even practiced by running to gibralter and back.(learning how to pee in a bottle i guess.....they already got live bomb practice last summer....)
The attack would be a far more devastating blow than just the nuclear plants...
They would need to first destroy the capabilities for air defence as well as command facilities,naval attack assets,republican guard facilities,other industrial targets that are nuclear related,or even war material .
by the time sufficient bombs have been used on Iran that there would be
a surety that the nuclear program cannot go ahead swiftly,a large segment of Irans infrastructure will be gone.
Leaving behing a stricken country with a big hate on for both isreal and the US and its other allies.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So in other words to put the whole Israel daring endeavor . . . is actually asking for its own demise. . .

But !!!! Alas!!!! Israel is not what many may believe they are not a poor lonely country that everybody wants to banish from the planet . . .

That is a lie . . .

They are armed to the teeth and they got nuclear weapons . . . so much for poor Israel vulnerability. . . plus they have Bush to protect them with the lives of our own sons and daughters in the military. . .

When people are going to see things for what they are . . . I wonder.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
So in other words to put the whole Israel daring endeavor . . . is actually asking for its own demise. . .

But !!!! Alas!!!! Israel is not what many may believe they are not a poor lonely country that everybody wants to banish from the planet . . .

That is a lie . . .

They are armed to the teeth and they got nuclear weapons . . . so much for poor Israel vulnerability. . . plus they have Bush to protect them with the lives of our own sons and daughters in the military. . .

When people are going to see things for what they are . . . I wonder.

They are armed to the teeth because of past attempts to push the Israelis out by the Arab states. You are a teacher, read the history books. Not to mention its not the first time that the Israelis use preemptive strike.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

They are armed to the teeth because of past attempts to push the Israelis out by the Arab states. You are a teacher, read the history books. Not to mention its not the first time that the Israelis use preemptive strike.

I have read very well my friend and I can see things for what they are without the blindness of misguided patriotism . . .

Israel is not a nation for peace and they will never be, history tells very well how a wagging war nation they have been since their humble beginings because is their God given right. . . Bible tells enough. . .

But what they are trying to do now is beyond what they can chew . . .

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I think it is quite clear to everyone with an ounce of intelligence and two ounces of common sense to realize that the Iranian nuclear program is far more than civilian. Moreover, being that they signed the NPT, going public with their Nuclear weapons plan would be in direct violation of the NPT.

With the above in mind, Ahmendinajad's rhetoric and Iranian involvement in Gaza, Lebanon and Syria against Israel, I think that it is in Israel's right to act to defend itself should they see fit.

*Nygdan*,

You are either misguided or extremely biased to think that if Israel strikes Iran's nuclear facilities (which are military targets) it would be OK to bomb Tel-Aviv to the ground being that it IS a city and totally civilian in nature.
I cannot comprehend how that, in your eyes is justification. It would be more proper to say "bomb the nuclear facility in Dimona".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join