It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China: Ufology in Mysticism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Interesting essay on Chinese Ufologists:

UFOs, flying saucers and ET conjure up images from Hollywood films and blurred photos in tabloid newspapers. But a number of true believers in China, many of them highly educated, see merit in exploring unidentified flying objects and alien encounters scientifically.

Meng Zhaoguo, a 35-year-old tree grower from Wuchang City in Heilongjiang Province, can still vividly describe the Steven Spielberg-type scenario he claims to have witnessed nearly 10 years ago: As he sat in a huge white, gleaming spaceship, a tall creature with a large head and eyes like light bulbs and clad in an inflated seamless rubber suit perched on a metal sheet that hovered in the air. In a metallic-tinged voice, this interplanetary visitor communicated with a man via a television-like screen, predicting a collision between a comet and Jupiter.

As sensational as it sounds, Meng insists he was taken aboard the ship a month after being shocked by some sort of waves emitted by a silver-coloured object on a mountain he and some other villagers attempted to approach in June 1994.

Such accounts have served to shroud ufology - the study of UFOs - in a kind of mysticism, a word often used when referring to the subject.

Rest here:

www1.chinadaily.com.cn...

Although I believe that nearly all UFO phenomenon is nothing to do with ET's, I do respect guys like these. They are breaking their backs trying to find evidence, and will not thrust their views onto people until they have done so (Stanton Friedman springs to mind. If anyone doesn't believe he's just out to make a quick buck then I pity you).

I hope evidence is found one day, I wish for nothing more. However, there are alot of things that I have come to realise that mean that it is unlikely they are ET's, which I'm not going to go into here.

[Edited on 20-12-2003 by John Nada]

new topics

join