It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus: Tales From a Crypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Jesus: Tales From a Crypt

Source Link: time-blog.com

Brace yourself. James Cameron, the man who brought you 'The Titanic' is back with another blockbuster. This time, the ship he's sinking is Christianity.

In a new documentary, Producer Cameron and his director, Simcha Jacobovici, make the starting claim that Jesus wasn't resurrected --the cornerstone of Christian faith-- and that his burial cave was discovered near Jerusalem. And, get this, Jesus sired a son with Mary Magdelene.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Sounds like an interesting movie.

I'll probably see it when it comes out.

I'll bet there will be some idiotic overzealous Christian groups
who try and get it banned though.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I'll bet there will be some idiotic overzealous Christian groups
who try and get it banned though.

Yeah, here comes another round of meaningless boycotts.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Even if that was true there was another Guy named Jesus who was a friend also if I remember reading the Bible he is mentioned, maybe that Jesus was included along the way. So does that mean the Jews are right afterall and Christians and Muslims have got it wrong all including Johova Witnesses and Mormons.

I don't think Christians will riot and cut peoples heads off over it and burn cinemas, there are too many prophetic signs right now anyway and some of them being warnings of deceptions in the end times.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by The time lord]

[edit on 24-2-2007 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm not convinced it's "the" Jesus, either, though it seems more plausible than the fundamentalist version of events.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
There is a good discussion thread going on right now about this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The long and the short of it seems to be that 30 years ago, archaeolgists discovered a set of bone ossuaries, with names on them. The names indicated that they belonged to people named jesus, two mary's, some other guys, and a small child.

These two are now claiming that it was THE jesus, Mary, Mary Magdalene, and apparently the child is going to end up being jesus and mary magdalene's baby. Supposedly they did DNA tests, which can only mean that they established the relationships between the people in the ossuaries.

Problem is, those are astoundingly common names for that time and place, and none of the archaeolgists who made the discovery are backing the claims.

And apparently, this is all somehow tied into the James Ossuary Fraud debacle, apparently it came from this original set (the James Ossuary was a bone receptacle that had something like 'james, brother of jesus' written on it, only the writting was a modern forgery).

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I would not expect this to come out on the big screen, but will probably be another documentary on the History Channel. James Cameron just did a documentary which aired a while ago was called "The Exodus Decoded", which I thought was very well produced. Here is a five minute trailer for it.

www.history.com...

top topics

join