It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somewhat propellantless aircraft.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Idea I have been pondering on for some time now, figured I would get it out in the open and let you guys do some thinking and input on it...

There are massive problems with this...however it is do able... its not something i would be attempting to experiment with because of the issues in getting power..

Basicly it would use 'lightcraft' technology.... useing a high power laser pointed at a object which would focus the laser and superheat the air around it...causeing propulsion

now doing a little estimating the problem is...

to lift a 250lb rc model off the ground, you'd damn near need a nuclear fission power plant on board

would take half of the niagra falls power plant offline.... for 250lb rc plane, it would take aprox 1,125,000 kw of laser power DOH.... oh well...... that sucks... but it is feasable.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 05:02 AM
link   
This has already been proposed, reported on and is being worked on. One of the applications of this might be diverting asteroids which are approaching earth. Mounting the laser on the moon has been proposed for this.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 05:23 AM
link   
ya i keep well informed.... just figured that besides those uses and the upward propelled lightcraft use... it would serve as a use for standard airplanes as a means for pretty much propellantless flight...asside from the needed nuclear reactor onboard

new topics

join