It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

underwater pyramid found in american samoa

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
www.lemuria.net...
en.wikipedia.org...(continent)
www.crystalinks.com...
homepages.hawaiian.net...

As the Wikipedia article said, "Lemuria" doesn't actually exist. It was a made up name for a proposed continent in the late 1800's to explain the distribution of lemurs. The theory was proved wrong shortly after it was announced, but not before Madame B and her crowd got ahold of it and began channeling stuff.

Lemuria, as originally stated, was off the coast of Africa. American Samoa is about 4,000 miles east of that location.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr
I was surprised also that Marduk would create such a thread.

Me too, actually.

Part of me is still waiting for the punchline....he even used www.crystalinks.com... as a source....very UN Marduk like.

Then again maybe someone is posting in his place and the real Marduk will soon return.

Actually, I did wonder that myself. Seriously. Checked the IP, too, and the grammar.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Perhaps the Ascended Masters of Lemuria and Justified Ancients of MuMu have possessed Marduk, and we should take this post as Divine Revelation.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Perhaps the Ascended Masters of Lemuria and Justified Ancients of MuMu have possessed Marduk, and we should take this post as Divine Revelation.

That's exactly what he would love to hear.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Pacific Vortex - Clive Cussler - Dirk Pitt......zzzzzzzzz

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I will come right out and say this:
I think Marduk is 'taking the piss', as they say in bonnie old england.

Nope, i dunno think so. If he really wanted to make fun of us, he would have used his pathetic english humour at the end of each post. Where is it now?
Somewhere (if i recall correctly), he mentioned about something, which makes me believe he is an anthropologist and study us as a researcher and perhaps he wants to see our interactions on a such immediate personality change.
Why he would like to do that?
Globalisation is comprised by 3 things:
Human rights, Capitalism and... Internet.
So what would be best for researchers to see internet in correlation with human behaviour in a such impersonal and anonymous status? Thousands of people speak using forums and they do not know each other...
I start to believe that this improper behaviour, if i can call that way his insults was part of a plan to study all of us. Impossible?
What's the best way to insult from a safe distance without being banned?
Be a sceptic!

Maybe i am wrong here.

Back to the topic.
I will not try to debunk it so easily.
First, let's look at the atributes of Limestone inside water

The primary source of the calcite in limestone is most commonly marine organisms. These organisms secrete shells that settle out of the water column and are deposited on ocean floors as pelagic ooze or alternatively is conglomerated in a coral reef (see lysocline for information on calcite dissolution). Secondary calcite may also be deposited by supersaturated meteoric waters (groundwater that precipitates the material in caves).

We know that a matterial, pyramids are made, is limestone.
And we know Atolls are created in tropical latitudes
Supporting it, why we dunno have algae at the underwater pyramids of Japan? Becouse it's not tropical the environment, to create the appropriate phytogenic maritime algae and surround them.

Atolls are the product of the growth of tropical marine organisms, so these islands are only found in warm tropical waters.

Which means that if a pyramid is indeed down there, the limestone will have the pyramid overwhelmed with with algae.
Let's look careful the escalation of colours at Marduk's mountain.
It looks like the limestone has been corrupted but keeps it's initial shape.

You got it!
Let's call the exorcist

To end, i checked Marduk's threads (Here) and they look very serious, at least two of them... HE HE
PS: The PentaCon movie influenced Marduk

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Dragonlike]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I think you'll find Marduk is making a point about finding any vaguely pyramidal shaped natural feature and automatically assuming it must be a pyramid from some long lost culture. Possibly prompted by recent suggestions in another thread that Pyramid Peak - a mountain in Antarctica - is actually an Atlantean construction.

Interesting to see the responses

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I agree that Marduk's thread here is for him to be able to prove what he's said countless times, basically how many people want to believe bad enough that they'll take any percieved similarity between terrain features and known buildings and automatically jump on it as the "smoking gun" proving these civilizations exist. I have a feeling Marduk will be quoting and linking to this thread for a long time to come to further prove his point.

On the "pyramid", it's clearly a mountain formed by volcanism. No Atlantis here. You can get on Google Earth and look at my neck of the woods here in NW New Mexico, you'll see plenty of pyramid like mountains formed by volcanism. Many not on the scale of this one but big enough for everyone to see that natural processes cause these "pyramids" that masquerade as mountains.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I am not sure if i can say it is a silent volcano

The oldest eruptions occurred about 100,000 years ago and the most recent being about 7000 years ago.

If we look at the Pacific ring of fire, the Western samoa(USA) is not exactly at the highlighted area of any volcanic activity...

Where the heck is Marduk, to clarify a few things...

I have a feeling Marduk will be quoting and linking to this thread for a long time to come to further prove his point.

Yep

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
is it time to fess up yet

here is the original webpage
www.americanscientist.org...
note at the bottom it says

Figure 3. Sonar maps provide high-resolution imagery of a reef’s surface. Such images—like this one of tiny Rose Atoll in American Samoa—help scientists distinguish geomorphic variations among reefs.

its easy to draw the wrong conclusions when you have an agenda and are a few steps ahead of the people reading the evidence that you have provided
these quotes from some of the knowledgable people in this thread should tell you the rest

posted by Jedi Master
Yep that's right...
From the same site it is described as the Rose Atoll in American Samoa...

truly he is wise in the ways of the force

posted by Nygdan
Maybe he is just being extremely speculative, but I think that he is taking innocuous evidence, putting it in the context of conspiracy, and then seeing how much our own 'perceptions and preconceived notions' lead us astray.

loved the taking the piss bit

posted by Rren
All in good fun imo... I actually enjoyed it, even did some reading on Mesopotamia and its evolution. I say hand him a mug of that piss warm syrup crap, that they call beer over there, on the house.

he learned something by researching the details himself
thats very commendable, he didn't just rely on the information that i had stated

posted by Byrd
As the Wikipedia article said, "Lemuria" doesn't actually exist. It was a made up name for a proposed continent in the late 1800's to explain the distribution of lemurs. The theory was proved wrong shortly after it was announced, but not before Madame B and her crowd got ahold of it and began channeling stuff.

as ever Byrd always goes straight to the jugular of truth
if there is no such thing as Lemuria then how can this be it
good one Byrd

posted by Dragonlike
Somewhere (if i recall correctly), he mentioned about something, which makes me believe he is an anthropologist and study us as a researcher and perhaps he wants to see our interactions on a such immediate personality change.
Why he would like to do that?

because its fun, because I can and because some of you need to learn that just because something is posted on the internet doesnt make it true
always consider the source
and where possible that sources agenda

posted by Essan
I think you'll find Marduk is making a point about finding any vaguely pyramidal shaped natural feature and automatically assuming it must be a pyramid from some long lost culture. Possibly prompted by recent suggestions in another thread that Pyramid Peak - a mountain in Antarctica - is actually an Atlantean construction.

Essan u2ud me about 30 seconds after my first post stating that he knew what I was up to and has kept it quiet since then
so you can blame him if you like.

posted by ShAuNmAn-X
I have a feeling Marduk will be quoting and linking to this thread for a long time to come to further prove his point.

I might do
but only if people haven't learned from this
you can't take perceived similarities and make them into something just because your imagination is screaming YESYESYES at you. you need to look at all the evidence to find the truth. and not discard any that disagrees with what you originally thought was true at first just because you want it to be so
I wrote a website about this a long time ago
I am still getting e mails about it from people convinced that its all true
when all it says is that there are similarities

this is my attempt at denying ignorance, by showing that Ignorance which is defined as "The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed" is unnecessary
no one needs to be ignorant
you can always educate yourself to the facts
make yourself aware of those facts
and therefore consider yourself informed

I hope in future that some of you take this to heart

thankyou all for your cooperation in this thread

I apologise to anyone who now has egg on their faces
but hey
its you who put it there

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Are you now saying there's no jelly-like Lemurian egg-laying hermaphrodites who communicated by mental telepathy through a third eye?

Do you have a source for that and where did the humpdaddy head come from then?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I knew what was up from the first couple of posts. I agree with the reasoning behind this and what you're trying to point out in other threads. I'm just not as vocal. People need to remain grounded and examine everything. I still think you'll be referencing this thread for some time to come because there's always gonna be people that jump on rightaway and say "OOOH! OOOH! I've found a pyramid in Alaska it's Atlantis!" and when a bit of research is done they've just posted a topo map of Mt. McKinley(I know, that's an exaggeration but it's basically what happens alot)

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Are you now saying there's no jelly-like Lemurian egg-laying hermaphrodites who communicated by mental telepathy through a third eye?

Well that'd be ridiculous, claiming they don't exist! I mean, I've got 2 of them in my shop at this very minute, contemplating buying a small drop-leaf table and a wedgwood tea set circa 1910 ....

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Marduk,
Have i ever tell you how much i hate you?
All that time i have been searching in the Wiki, pretty everything to support your theory: From the Pacific anaglyph, till the chemical reactions the limestone can have throughout the centuries...

Skinny Bastard!!!!
you have made a terrible mistake
How are we going to trust you in your next posts?
Remember me, that every time you post i will be there to say:
''Nope, Marduk is not a person to trust... He is doing that on perpose, do not trust his links, his sayings, everything''

Do you know what would be the greatest punishment for you?
This city to be prooved true!!!
I will laught with my time

Furious Dragon

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
what amazes me the most is that when you make something up from a site that is not only well known but so well known that it has an entry in Wiki
en.wikipedia.org...
which clearly states

Rose Atoll, sometimes called Rose Island, is an oceanic atoll within the U.S. territory of American Samoa. It is an uninhabited wildlife refuge. It is the southermost point in the United States. The land area is 0.214 km² (52.8 acres). The total area of the atoll, including lagoon and reef flat amounts to 5 km²

that some people and i mention no names here but some people actually look for evidence that supports the conjecture before they look for evidence that dismisses it
the effect this has is to convince the imagination that it is right when really what you should do is balance your imagination with the actual facts
not strangle it with disinformation until it can no longer see the truth

you getting that Dragonlike

posted by Dragonlike
you have made a terrible mistake
How are we going to trust you in your next posts?

haha you trying to claim that you do already
clearly you agree with whoever mirrors whichever agenda you are supporting this week
nothing more

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I will remind you that this ATS website we visit is for entertainment purposes only. Most of us have boring 9 to 5 jobs and this website is a release and a place for exploration. It's kind of like a TV series where we don't know what's going to happen next. Most television shows are garbage these days. By the way I'm rather particular to the TV series LOST and the new Battlestar Galactica, no I'm actually addicted to them. I'll have to admit, the zeal I have in these discussions would be lost if I had to research this stuff for a grade. It's the possibility of the unknown that makes it so fascinating. It is also human nature to explore and solve mysteries. That's why we keep coming back. I really wish I could give up ATS, but I'm addicted. Darn you Simon Grey, why did you have to invent this addictive drug! I waste so much time here!

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Dragonlike, I agree that Marduk shouldnt've done this, its a borderline hoax and we in staff will have to decide if some sort of action has to be taken.

But don't loose heart, you didn't waste your time, you got to look up some new things and in a new direction, and I am sure found out some stuff that you didn't know before in the course of your research, thats never a waste or a lost.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Dragonlike, I agree that Marduk shouldnt've done this, its a borderline hoax and we in staff will have to decide if some sort of action has to be taken.

hmmmm

A member of the forum staff, ------, has applauded your activity on this thread titled, underwater pyramid found in american samoa. Thank you for contributing to the quality of our forums. You received a 500 point bonus, keep up the good work. Do not reply to this U2U.

But don't loose heart, you didn't waste your time, you got to look up some new things and in a new direction, and I am sure found out some stuff that you didn't know before in the course of your research, thats never a waste or a lost

that was my point thanks for the confirmation

you don't think its just as valid as :-
Pyramids in Antarctica???
or
Proof that our 2007 is Mayan 2012 !!
or
A pyramid was found on Indonesia, the largest moeslems country.
or
mayan calendar contradicts advanced atlantis?
or
What's under Antarctica
or
Lost Cities and the states of Atlantis
or
Did Osiris really die?
or
Alien pyramid in discovered in China
etc

all of which were started by people with a specific non truthful agenda and backed in most cases with less evidence and with less of a point to make than my Samoan pyramid
for shame Nygdan
for shame

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
On the contrary I think that this post should be stickied in every single setion, just to show people that uninformed claims can quickly distort any REAL information that may be of interest. A very valid point is made here. Look for evidence of normality before strangeness. It seems that occams razor has been getting a little blunt on ATS as of late especially.

This isn't ALL entertainment.

If you want to talk about looking at peoples conduct...

How bout we start with you Nygdan? Remember the slavery thread that you suddenly dissapeared from once you realised you were wrong about the Irish? Bad form mate, you should at least apologise and ammend your mistakes, as you are a moderator and should be setting an example.

What about Southpaw11 and his marketing schemes and bible bashing? I'm not 100% but I have a strong feeling that this person used to frequent a board I used to which went from popular to deserted over the year of his constant posting about very similar topics. The place is pretty much dead now.

Then you have the poster ChinLun or whatever his/her name is, you know the bigot I'm talking about. I find this posters manner extremely uninformed and downright offensive.

You wanna start banning people? Why don't you start with the people pushing their religious agenda onto everyone in every single forum. Why don't you follow up with people that post information that is false and then neglect to ammend known mistakes.

Why don't you leave Marduk alone hes doing everyone here a service with refreshingly sane posting which helps educate many who would choose to accept reason.

Unlike yourself Nygdun, Marduk has an explanation. A very good one at that.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   

you don't think its just as valid as :-
Pyramids in Antarctica???

oohh my, do you think that i had evidence? No. I just turned the eye of AtS members over antarctica (As the eye of Sauron did in the middle earth-LOTR) . It's an unknown territory and every unknown till explored is filled with speculation.
By the way, you are speaking about agenda. What genta can i have you think?
I will tell you
My agenda is to explore unknow things.-

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join