It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Count and ATS "points"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
I like to think that I have been fairly responsible with my posts and I've resisted the urge to post loads of simple one line answers to every post that I've come across as much as possible.

Yes. I agree. Indeed.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I have been here for quite some time now and don't even have 100 posts...I don't see how I can justify making posts for a year just to get into a chat room and have a real conversation with people...I think I just might give up and stop wasting my time with this website...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I will agree that it is quality not quantity that counts

And I was sticking to this until they changed the rules to needing 200 posts to qualify for chat again, i had already been in there and was having a laugh with random atsers so i'll admit yeah I cheated a little to speed up my return to chat, hence crappy posts in below top secret.

Im over 200 now so i'll try and be better in future

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I'm sure that I'm guilty of some awful posts but really I never thought about the quality of posts when I first happened upon this site. After realizing that it was such a demanding site I decided I liked it even more. It is challenging to me because I have to really think about what the opening post is about and research topics that I would never have found interesting before. Plus, there is that yellow alert message to remind me every time I make a post.

You are an experienced contributor to ATS. Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.

I like that. It's kind of like delving into a good crossword or something like that to me. I actually learn a few things at times when I decide to jump in here. Anyway, I noticed none of these cheapos would flag your thread. So please, let me have the honor of flagging your thread first. Now your on your way to stardom!

Edited because I used the word star instead of flag.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by jackflap]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I'm trying to get enough posts to start a thread on something "Sleeper" got me thinking about. Might as well get one here since I am new to the forum.

Everyone was wanting proof of ET. It seems to me the best proof comes from his assertion that the moon was placed there. It really seems it must have been to have a year and a day be exactly equal. What backs up the assertion, even though he didn't allude to it, is that many of the moons in the solar system have the same synchronous behavior. Seems improbable for even one moon to have this.

If someone with enough points wants to discuss this I would be honored.
I would also think reading the whole 107 page sleeper thread should qualify for something. That was my main accomplishment so far.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I posted a lot to get into RATS. I was almost there and had to go only for 500 more.
All of a sudden entry cost only 500. After that the points just kept flowing in.

It took me a while before I could write a descent thread. The best 3 are in the last 10 threads I posted. Well I think they are.

Quality is what I like to see.

I'm personally interested in just about everything. Maybe thats why I post a lot.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Y'all do realize the original post of this thread is from 2003, right?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Well... I feel a bit stupid

But, does it matter ?

I did found it a bit weird Springer mentioned he was a new member.

I was wondering why I didn't ran into Seekerof threads.
2003. Explains a lot.

[edit on 6/7/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Man I've been burned like that more than once. Oh well, I thought Springer was bringing up a new topic that he wanted to discuss. I never look at the date of when the thread was posted, I always assume it is new when I see it. Or could it be that we were all subjected to a time distortion of some sort that Springer created with the technology he and Skeptic stole from Johnny Anonymous? I'm sure of it.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I am awe struck by some of the work members put into there threads, and while you singled out a particular person, I have a different opinion.

My time on ATS, and when I choose to comment, or create something I think is worthwhile, to me at least, it's because of something I am passionate about.

It's never about the stars and flags.

It's about sharing with ATS.

While I don't mind accolades, it's not something that is fore front for me, at any given time.

I think this reflects on a past thread I read somehwere, about making every post count, and that would not be for the stars, but because it should matter.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Gazrok !?

Do you know some of those really good threads from Seekerof where Springer is talking about ? By name, if possible ?

Reply to Blanca Rose

Please take a look at the thread in my signature ? I'm so passionate about that one I get all emotional.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join