It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA Hair sample from Human being apparently not from Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of this particular case before? It is new to me, I just came across it today.

An Australian's contact with a Human-looking Extraterrestrials has resulted in a DNA test of their biological material. The intriguing results demonstrate the need for more intensive scientific research on Extraterrestrials, in the West.

The full case report by leading Australian researcher Bill Chalker was originally published in the Spring 1999 edition of International UFO Reporter, the quarterly journal of the Chicago-based J. Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies (CUFOS).

Peter Khoury, the subject of this case, was born in Lebanon in 1964 and moved to Australia in 1973. There he met his future wife Vivian at school in 1981. Peter and Vivian were married in 1990 and had two children, and lived in Sydney, at the time of this report.

Peter and Vivian had their first UFO experience in February 1988, a simple sighting of unusual moving lights. But in July of that year, Peter had a deeply disturbing, consciously remembered contact experience that, he says, changed his life.

Mr. Chalker points out that "alien" beings are often described by experiencers as having no visible hair. But one species of Extraterrestrial being sometimes called "Nordic", is described fairly often as having distinctly human-like features including hair, often (though not always) blond in color. A number of well-known abduction cases have involved human-looking beings with hair, including the 1975 abduction reported by Travis Walton in Arizona, and the 1957 Brazilian abduction reported by Antonio Villas Boas.

The rest of the story at the source page

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
What a load of ******!

Hair are protein extensions from near-dead follicle cells, located in the epidermis. There are *no* DNA in hair strains!

Edit: Or mitocondria for that matter..

[edit on 22/2/07 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Isn't there a story somewhere on her about a UFO crashing in Asia a long time ago? I think they found artifacts that went along with it....that could explain the female link.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
What a load of ******!

Hair are protein extensions from near-dead follicle cells, located in the epidermis. There are *no* DNA in hair strains!

Your reply is totally wrong. Hair samples are commonly used to determine DNA. Don't believe me just google it!

[edit on 22-2-2007 by BugZy]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BugZy

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
What a load of ******!

Your reply is totally wrong. Hair samples are commonly used to determine DNA. Don't believe me just google it!

[edit on 22-2-2007 by BugZy]

Yeah I was going to say the same thing. Hair samples are also a big part of forensic science in criminal cases. Hair samples are also used for cloning experiments.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
that would be cool as hell to be him. I mean how many people could say they porked an alien? hahaha I dont see why he scared them away though, having a threesome with aliens would be badass

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
You have to have a follicle bulb on the end of a hair for DNA testing. The hair shaft itself won't do.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I just read that too.

The story says "The thin blond hair, which appeared to have come from a light-skinned caucasian-like looking woman, could not have come from a normal human of that racial type."

"Instead, though apparently 'human', the hair showed five distinctive DNA markers that are characteristic of a rare sub-group of the Chinese Mongoloid racial type."

So it does appear to be human.

Where else do humans come from but Earth?

[edit on 2/22/2007 by Blueracer]

[edit on 2/22/2007 by Blueracer]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve22
I mean how many people could say they porked an alien?

Dude....this is, like, your lucky day.....

This Guy Says He Porked An Alien

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Sounds a "Dear Penthouse" letter lol.

Although it appears that the hair is not of extra-terrestrial origin, we can't really agree or disagree with that conclusion because there is no extra-terrestrial DNA to compare it against.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by InSanE1]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
From the source provided in the OP:

After thorough testing of the hair samples, the scientists of the Anomaly Physical Evidence Group arrived at a startling conclusion. The thin blond hair, which appeared to have come from a light-skinned caucasian-like looking woman, could not have come from a normal human of that racial type.

Instead, though apparently 'human', the hair showed five distinctive DNA markers that are characteristic of a rare sub-group of the Chinese Mongoloid racial type.

A detailed survey of the literature on variations in mitochondrial DNA, comprising tens of thousands of samples, showed only four other people on record with all five of the distinctive markers in the blond hair. All four were Chinese, with black hair.

Mitochondrial DNA is passed only from mother to child and therefore offers a means of tracing ancient ancestry on the mother's side. The findings suggest that all four of the Chinese subjects share a common female ancestor with the blonde woman. But there is no easy explanation for how this could be.

The thin blond hair, which appeared to have come from a light-skinned caucasian-like looking woman, could not have come from a normal human of that racial type ................ A detailed survey of the literature on variations in mitochondrial DNA, comprising tens of thousands of samples, showed only four other people on record with all five of the distinctive markers in the blond hair. All four were Chinese, with black hair.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
weren't the dropa from that area, makes one wonder what is going on, I wonder what the background of those five were from

paranormal.about.com...

[edit on 23-2-2007 by thedigirati]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Editor’s Note: This article is a supplement to Bill Chalker’s “Strange Evidence” published in the Spring 1999 International UFO Reporter, which recounts the details of an Australian abduction case that yielded a strand of apparent alien hair suitable for mitochondrial DNA analysis. The results were surprising, yielding a DNA sequence that was human, though very rare.

The bizarre experiences of Kary Mullis, winner of the 1993 Nobel Prize in chemistry for his invention of a process that allows scientists to identify a fragment of DNA genetic code and then reproduce it in very large quantities.

source: www.theozfiles.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Another Aussie UFO/alien encounter was reported by Kelly Cahill and was later published in book form. It's one of the more baffling encounters, in light of the fact the alien informed Kelly Cahill that he was her 'father'. She suffered bleeding, marks on her body, flashbacks etc., much of which was corroborated by her husband.

The case is particularly interesting, because it later transpired that independent witnesses, unknown to Cahill, had also stopped their vehicles when they saw the alien-craft and like Cahill, had left their vehicles and entered the field towards the aliens. The case was investigated by Bill Chalker.

Excerpts from Cahill's encounter:

It started coming towards us, only slowly, and it had big red eyes. It sounds stupid, but it had great big round red eyes, like huge flies' eyes and they were red like, not like a reflection of red, but like burning red, like . . . fluorescent stop lights, I suppose, that sort of real burning red.

All of a sudden I started screaming out "They've got no souls." And then I started screaming, "THEY'VE GOT NO SOULS!" Then all of a sudden there were heaps of them in the field, not just one, a whole heap of them, and they started coming towards us . . . faster than a man could run, and they were gliding off the ground. They got halfway across the field.

They split up. Some of them went towards the other people and some of them came towards us. Kelly found herself screaming to the other people down the road, "They're evil! They're going to kill us!"

Then this male voice said, "We [don't] mean you any harm."

Then I remember hearing talk about being a peaceful people, and I started screaming out, I said, "Don't believe them! They're going to steal your souls!"

He (the alien) said: "I wouldn't harm her. She's my daughter." It sounded like there was even a small laugh after that. I don't know-it just wasn't good to me."

source: www.theozfiles.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I found this:

Like many other abductees Peter Khoury has had a number of experiences. During November, 1996, while lying in bed with Vivian beside him asleep, he felt an energy presence intruding into the room. He opened his eyes. He saw what seemed to be several hooded small figures (similar to his 1988 experience) appearing to come through the mirror. As they came closer Peter experienced paralysis and felt he was being floated horizontally feet first towards the mirror.

Touching the surface of the mirror with his feet felt like he was going into water, like a change of density, not something solid. Khoury felt a sense of electrical static buzzing right through his body. He watched as the reflection of his head approached his face. As soon as they touched, he blacked out. He did not remember anything else other than waking up in the bed again.

There were other episodes in about 1994 or early 1995 involving a light burst or sound of an explosion, this being witnessed in part by Vivian. On another occasion he felt a "pins and needles" paralysis developing. He tried to wake Vivian. He was eventually after great difficulty able to touch her. She woke up and simultaneously it was "like somebody ripped the sheets off him". Peter likened it to as if something was sucked out of him. The feeling had been engulfing him and as soon as he touched Vivian the feeling was gone.

Between 1996 and 1999 Khoury is unaware of any experiences.

In 1996, Peter was hypnotically regressed by Pulitzer prize-winning, Harvard psychiatrist John Mack to try to clarify the 1988 experience. Under Mack's regression Peter described being taken into an illuminated room. He was on a table with one entity above him, speaking to him but with a sound like birds chirping. It was one person - a shadowy tall figure - but the sound seemed like 50 of them. Peter thought at the time, how was he going to remember what the entity told him.

The recollection faded and everything went dark again. That was all that came out in the session. Peter has had a couple of regression sessions. He is not really satisfied with any of the hypnotic recollections and feels more comfortable with the consciously recollected details, such as those of 1988 and 1992.

(left to right) Prof. John Mack, Peter Khoury, Bill Chalker & Dominique Callimanopulos (Photo: P. Khoury)

Because of the bizarre and controversial nature of the 1992 episode, Peter was more comfortable describing his 1988 experience. The strange encounter with the 2 unusual women was discussed and examined in a limited and fragmentary way. It was not until 1996 that I heard from Peter Khoury about the hair sample that had been recovered from what may have been an alien abduction sexual assault case.

By 1998, I began an investigation into the hair sample, when biochemical colleagues agreed to undertake what was the world's first PCR (polymerase Chain Reaction) DNA profiling of biological material implicated in an alien abduction experience. The analysis confirmed the hair came from someone who was biologically close to normal human genetics, but of an unusual racial type - a rare Chinese Mongoloid type - one of the rarest human lineages known, that lies further from the human mainstream than any other except for African pygmies and aboriginals.

There was the strange anomaly of it being blonde to clear instead of black, as would be expected from the Asian type mitochondrial DNA. The study concluded, "The most probable donor of the hair must therefore be as (Khoury) claims: a tall blonde female who does not need much colour in her hair or skin, as a form of protection against the sun, perhaps because she does not require it."

An artist's impression of the blonde haired "nordic" being encountered by Peter Khoury in Sydney during 1992.

The DNA sequence overlayed was extracted from the hair sample recovered by Khoury (from the cover of the International UFO Reporter (IUR), Spring, 1999)

Magnified hair sample showing optical transparency and pronounced mosaic structure. The circles of light are reflections. Photo taken from video (B.Chalker/APEG). The DNA sequence on the left is from the hair shaft.

The original DNA work was done on the shaft of the hair. Fascinating further anomalies were found in the root of the hair. Two types of DNA were found depending on where the mitochondrial DNA testing occurs, namely confirming the rare Chinese type DNA in the hair shaft and indicating a rare possible Basque/Gaelic type DNA in the root section.

The Hair Root DNA Sequence

This was very puzzling and controversial, until a 'Nature Biotechnology' paper appeared in 2000. It revealed recent findings on hair transplanting with previously incompatible hair, using advanced cloning techniques, developed in a possible cure for baldness. We seem to be seeing similar combined or "grafted" DNA in the sample recovered under controversial circumstances by Peter Khoury back in 1992.

Perhaps even more controversial is that we have findings suggestive of nuclear DNA indicating possible viral resistance. The hair sample seems to show it contains 2 deleted genes for CCR5 protein and no intact gene for normal undeleted CCR5 - this CCR5 deletion factor has been implicated in aids resistance. To keep a very complex story somewhat uncomplicated, what seems to be suggested by the range of findings is possible evidence for advanced DNA techniques and DNA anomalies & findings, for which we are only now discovering or starting to make sense of in mainstream biotechnology.

The nature of these genetic findings has lead to some interesting possible connections with ancient cultures, myths and archaeological finds such as the strange Taklamakan mummies in China (tall European like peoples (Celtic?), some of whom had blonde hair) and the stories of the female Basque God Mari and the Gaelic Irish tales of the Tuatha da Danann.

The Tuatha tales describe powerful gods with orange or blonde hair and other unusual attributes. While such cultural and mythic connections are fascinating speculations, they provide for an interesting perspective on the many stories of Nordic type beings implicated in UFO abduction and contact cases.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Many abduction cases exist where alleged biological evidence has been reported. Few of these cases have been the subject of investigations that try to adequately address the question of whether such evidence supports or refutes the possible alien reality behind such experiences.

Such events lend themselves to an established forensic DNA profiling technique, which could help establish the credibility of such claims. Since most abduction cases imply a measure of unwanted assault on the victims of such experiences, a forensic approach towards verification of the alleged perpetrators is desirable. Since DNA is the only building block of life that we know, biological specimens recovered in alleged abduction cases would provide researchers with a clear point of comparison.

A key claim by many abduction researchers is that abductions involve some form of genetic agenda. This scenario would require compatibility between aliens and humans. The claims of sexual encounters are alleged to add further support to this scenario. This very element amongst the extraordinary range of fantastic claims made about abductions is one of major stumbling blocks to the credibility of abduction claims.

Mainstream science argues that if alien life exists it is unlikely to be compatible with human life. Hence any claims to the contrary, such as alien abductions, are regarded as absurd. Therefore this limited and focused DNA profiling technique goes to the very heart of one of key claims behind the alleged alien abduction agenda. It provides an opportunity for testing the credibility of such claims.

If such claims are true then there should be some compatibility in the DNA of alleged alien specimens, but some possible anomalies may be evident that would perhaps not be readily reconciled with measures of human DNA variability. One established way of undertaking this is to undertake such analysis with the goal to establish a precise DNA base sequence of mitochondrial hypervariable region I, spanning nucleotides 16,000 to 16,400 of mitochondrial DNA.

Such DNA is present in hundreds of copies within each human cell, and therefore acts as an easily amplified genetic marker for the polymerase chain reaction (PCR), even in moderately degraded samples, i.e. measuring the DNA variability beyond the documented "human consensus" of the region of DNA hypervariability.

This technique has been tested in one abduction case to date, in an investigation undertaken by this writer of a biological sample - a blonde hair - implicated in the abduction milieu of a Sydney man, Peter Khoury, during 1992:

"Strange Evidence", International UFO Reporter (IUR), Spring, 1999 issue, Volume 24, No 1, pgs. 3-16, 31.

"UFO ABDUCTIONS & SCIENCE - A CASE STUDY OF STRANGE EVIDENCE", Australasian Ufologist, Vol.3, No.3, 3rd, 1999, pgs. 43-56.

The original analysis confirmed the hair came from someone who was biologically close to normal human genetics, but of an unusual racial type - a rare Chinese Mongoloid type - one of the rarest human lineages known, that lies further from the human mainstream than any other except for African pygmies and aboriginals.

There was the strange anomaly of it being blonde to clear instead of black, as would be expected from the Asian type mitochondrial DNA. The original DNA work was done on the shaft of the hair. Fascinating further anomalies were found in the root of the hair. Two types of DNA were found depending on where the mitochondrial DNA testing occurs, namely confirming the rare Chinese type DNA in the hair shaft and indicating a rare possible Basque/Gaelic type DNA in the root section.

This case confirms the utility of the DNA forensic approach, however the real challenge ahead for researchers is to determine if these anomalies are both valid and significant. To do this, researchers in the controversial area of abductions should cooperate with a testing programme focused on this specific area of DNA profiling. Testing of a significant number of legitimate samples would provide an opportunity for validation of the unusual anomalies found to date. The further results would add to the database of biological evidence of alleged alien specimens.

Such a strategy could help to determine if aliens are a biological reality and if indeed any are visiting our planet and abducting humans. Perhaps such information could also provide for an interesting perspective on the many stories of Nordic type beings implicated in UFO abduction and contact cases.

The Anomaly Physical Evidence Group (APEG) has been formed to focus attention on biological strategies in abduction investigations. Preliminary funding has facilitated a small laboratory presence addressing this exciting area.

The APEG can be contacted through this writer at P.O. Box 42, West Pennant Hills, NSW, 2125, Australia or via [email protected]

Further funding of this research is encouraged. Please contact Bill Chalker for further details.

Anyone who believes they have legitimate biological evidence implicated in UFO and abduction experiences are encouraged to contact the APEG through Bill Chalker. Any such evidence will need to be assessed for its potential as credible evidence warranting the cost, resources and time involved in this DNA focused study.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Do these rare Mongolian types have some unusual characterisitc where every hair on them form birth to death is solid black, or are they, like the rest of humanity, subject to their hair being lighter when young, the loss of pigmentaion as they age, occasional variants, infrequent albinism, etc.

It seems a great leap to determine an otherwise normal looking entity is from another place in the universe because their hair is the less common low level pigmentation that appears semi-transparent as opposed to opaque.

Mike F

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
"Perhaps even more controversial is that we have findings suggestive of nuclear DNA indicating possible viral resistance. The hair sample seems to show it contains 2 deleted genes for CCR5 protein and no intact gene for normal undeleted CCR5 - this CCR5 deletion factor has been implicated in aids resistance. To keep a very complex story somewhat uncomplicated, what seems to be suggested by the range of findings is possible evidence for advanced DNA techniques and DNA anomalies & findings, for which we are only now discovering or starting to make sense of in mainstream biotechnology. "

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
great find kronos!

i hope they get the funding for the nuclear DNA test to find out more about the father.

i'm curious about the other 4 chinese with the same 5 markers. i guess they are all related but how besides a common ancestor?
seems like a real exclusive club.

maybe the other one shared the same DNA too.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by fooks]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I just read about this case and then I saw this thread.

This case is very interesting because of the DNA evidence considiring that there may be billions of earth like planets in the Milky Way and some of these places could have intelligent life that more advanced than we are.

There may be 100 billion Earth-like planets in the Milky Way, or one for every sun-type star in the galaxy, said Alan Boss, an astronomer with the Carnegie Institution and author of the new book "The Crowded Universe: The Search for Living Planets."

He made the prediction based on the number of "super-Earths" -- planets several times the mass of the Earth, but smaller than gas giants like Jupiter -- discovered so far circling stars outside the solar system.

Boss said that if any of the billions of Earth-like worlds he believes exist in the Milky Way have liquid water, they are likely to be home to some type of life.

It also said:

There may be 100 billion Earth-like planets in the Milky Way, or one for every sun-type star in the galaxy, said Alan Boss, an astronomer with the Carnegie Institution and author of the new book "The Crowded Universe: The Search for Living Planets."

He made the prediction based on the number of "super-Earths" -- planets several times the mass of the Earth, but smaller than gas giants like Jupiter -- discovered so far circling stars outside the solar system.

Boss said that if any of the billions of Earth-like worlds he believes exist in the Milky Way have liquid water, they are likely to be home to some type of life.

In a paper published recently in the International Journal of Astrobiology, the researchers concluded that based on what they saw, at least 361 intelligent civilizations have emerged in the Milky Way since its creation, and as many as 38,000 may have formed.

Duncan Forgan, a doctoral candidate at the university who led the study, said he was surprised by the hardiness of life on these other worlds.

"The computer model takes into account what we refer to as resetting or extinction events. The classic example is the asteroid impact that may have wiped out the dinosaurs," Forgan said.

"I half-expected these events to disallow the rise of intelligence, and yet civilizations seemed to flourish."

www.cnn.com...

These strands of hair could be connected to an earth like being that's more advanced than we are but their closely related to our species in a biological sense.

Another article said this:

It seems likely that no person with blond hair and an exact DNA match to Khoury's blonde could be found in the city of Sydney, nor on the continent of Australia, nor -- probably -- anywhere in the world.

"Are we dealing with 'humans' from elsewhere, namely those with human DNA, albeit very rare and somewhat anomolous?" asks Bill Chalker. "This case raises all sorts of issues, such as human 'panspermia'" -- the theory that human-like beings may have migrated to Earth in the fairly recent past from elsewhere in the galaxy, perhaps giving rise to the sudden appearance of modern homo sapiens sapiens, a species not directly descended from their immediate predecessors, the Neanderthals.

www.ufocasebook.com...

Very interesting.

top topics

join