It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea Monster on Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This appears to be a different kind of sea creature than the Loch Ness monster. It seems to have a longer horselike head. It also appears to be brown in color whereas Nessie seems more grayish. This sea monster also is air breathing and does not have gills as a fish would because you can see some of the air bubbles gurgling at the point of its snout in the same manner that they do for other air breathing water dwelling animals such as seals and alligators and hippopotumus. Here is the link to the video

Sea Monster

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It looks like a hippo to me. Are there hippos in Turkey?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
It looks like a hippo to me. Are there hippos in Turkey?

Yes. But they wear turbans so that rules out a Turkish hippo. It may be an African hippo just taking in the sights. Actually, to tell you the truth, this monster looks as though it could eat Hippos for breakfast!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
Actually, to tell you the truth, this monster looks as though it could eat Hippos for breakfast!

Sorry, but how can you tell a size from a video of nothing around it for comparison? Also, you can clearly see the ear when you see the bubbles from the nose. It looks exactly like a hippo's ear. Although, I just found out that hippos are not in Turkey.

Back to the drawing board. I still think it's a land animal that is taking a swim.

I also believe in sea creatures, so I'm not trying to be biased here.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Sorry, but how can you tell a size from a video of nothing around it for comparison? Also, you can clearly see the ear when you see the bubbles from the nose. It looks exactly like a hippo's ear. Although, I just found out that hippos are not in Turkey.

That looks more like its eye to me. It is placed at the other end of the head right where you would expect the eye to be in relation to its nostrils. It also has its eye positioned in the same manner as other water dwelling animals that are not fish such as alligators and frogs and, yes, even hippos...at the top of the head so that the creature can survey the area while keeping most of its body underwater.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The video could have been made with the soundtrack from "Jaws" as a background. That would have been a nice touch. Such a creature would probably create the same kind of panic as a great White Shark from any swimmers who may catch sight of it while in they were in the water.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Wow I can't see anything that looks like a hippo or a sea monster. Whatever it is, it only comes about 3 inches off the waterline so it could be any large animal.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by toppdogg
Wow I can't see anything that looks like a hippo or a sea monster. Whatever it is, it only comes about 3 inches off the waterline so it could be any large animal.

The head certainly looks monstrous. It's a MONSTROSITY! Have you ever seen ANYTHING that looks like that thing?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Sorry, but the Lake Van Monster STILL looks like an elephant taking a swim to me. The eye is in the correct spot and the ear is to the right. The elephant has simply dunked its trunk under water.

There are Turkish elephants, right?

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
If any one was watching carfully you can see bubble coming out of the creature from the back of it's head... If it were an elephant it would have it trunk out of the water to breath or if it were underwater the buuble from its trunk would appear infront of the head not behind.

To tell the truth i have no idea what it is but i know it isn't something already mentioned in the thread...

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
It's known as the Lake Van monster. You'll find what's probably the most complete article on the web on the topic right here on our very own Tinwiki. Member GameSetMatch and myself did a lot of research on the video, and more or less came to the conclusion that the video was a hoax by Unal Kozak. It would be interesting to get some new insights on the video as it has been well over a year since it was last discussed. It's definitely not a hippo, or an elephant - and very unlikely to be a squid as some theorize.

Previous threads:
"Sea Monster" of lake Van, Turkey
Lake Van Monster: New Theories

top topics

join