It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wilhelm Scream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I was just rambling around the internet when I ran across this little bit of movie history/trivia.

The Wilhelm Scream

In 1951 in a Gary Cooper movie called "Distant Drums", there was a scene where one of the actors is attacked by an alligator, the scream he let out in that movie has now been copied into over 150 movies now. Including John Wayne's Green Berets, Star Wars, Batman, Raiders of the Lost Arc, Toy Soldiers and many others.

Here is a video compilation (of the scream) of a lot of the movies you can hear the Wilhelm Scream in.

Thought it was pretty amusing that they would still be using a scream that was taped over 50 years ago in modern movies.

[edit on 21/2/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I HATE THAT GOSHDARNDANGTOOTIN' THING!!! It seems every time I put something on its there, waiting for me!

I was ready to watch this new programme called Extinction but missed the start, and when I put it on the first thing I heard was.... Wilhelm.
I thought "Forget that, no thanks, I'm off!"

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Keyhole

I was going to do a thread on the Wilhelm scream until I saw this thread. I think it's funny that so many movies have the exact same scream and so few people realize it.
I was watching Dawn of the Dead (the original) last night and heard it used there. Since I found out about the scream I actually listen for it when I watch movies.
Here is a video on the history of the Wilhelm scream.

join