It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What In Gods Name Is This?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
idunno if this has been posted before, or if its fake or what...still creepy looking. They say its a Chupacabra.

www.cryptomundo.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I guess the first question should be if it was real, why is it at a pawn shop in Texas?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It kind of looks like a deformed dog to me. But, I have never seen a Chupacabra before either.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Thing is, thats not a dog or a cat because the fingers are all wrong. In fact they resemble more of a lizard...

All I know is that its a mummified something.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I can't see the backfeet, but the forefeet resemeble those of a racoon. I'd guess this is a taxodermist's plaything; a compendium of parts to make a disturbing whole.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
if the owner of the pawn shop reallu believed it was a chupacabra, then i think his greed would not let him just leave it on display. he would be out telling the world and tring to sell it to the highest bidder. just my opinion.

in a related note, what is the earliest known report of a chupacabra?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Well, I initial thought this was fake and really thought nothing of it. But I just stumble across another picture of a creature that has a remarkable resemblance. I'm not sure if this pic is fake, but wanted to throw it out there.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's a gaff!

There are several others in the same pawnshop.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
what the heck is a chubaka

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Case solved I would say. I think I would buy that if I saw it in a pawn shop. Would do wonders keeping the squirrels out of the bird feeder.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Did anyone scroll down the article to click on the "Mystery Solved" link? To be fair, it was just added today.

The origins of the What-Is-It? that rests comfortably in that pawn shop has been solved. It is a creative taxidermy piece produced by Sarina Brewer, an artist well-known for her rogue creations. The following photographs, from her Custom Creature Taxidermy website, is her “Chupacabra” (sic), showing all its angles.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Yeah its probably somebody just having fun, but it looks really cool. Looks like the put a Jaquar head on some dog body and fit it with some wood bearing animals paws..

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Interesting speciments... I like those creations.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Its easy to find out. Just take a little DNA sample from it and examine it. Bingo.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gooey
Its easy to find out. Just take a little DNA sample from it and examine it. Bingo.

But if it really *is* a chupacabra, we wont have anything to compare it too!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Ah, but you see, thats not true. Take all of the most likely subjects...

Cats, dogs, different types of rodents, and compare the DNA to each of them. If it shows a strong resemblance, then you'll know its just a breed of one of the already listed animals, if it differs, then you'll know its something new.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It looks like Reptile from Mortal Kombat II! It's interesting. Hmm, maybe a hoax, maybe a fried dog?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It is a fake. There is a site that sell taxodermy "art". They have 3 kinds of gryphons, a flying monkey, the feegee mermaid, and a whole lot more. I don't care who thinks it is real, it isn't. click for the truth

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It is a fake. There is a site that sell taxodermy "art". They have 3 kinds of gryphons, a flying monkey, the feegee mermaid, and a whole lot more. I don't care who thinks it is real, it isn't. click for the truth

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join