It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is pretty interesting and rare, a probe which actually makes it to Mars without "malfunctioning"! Hopefully it comes back with some conclusive data regarding life on the red planet (or if it ever indeed existed). My apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere.

www.cnn.com...

The mission is the first to try to determine if there is life on Mars since the United States sent the Viking I landing craft to Mars' surface in 1976.

"It's not looking for little green men, but it is looking for matter that might provide evidence of life. It is looking for clues," Southwood had said earlier.

Two NASA rovers are right behind, scheduled to land on Mars in early January. The $400 million, camera- and instrument-laden rovers are designed to analyze Martian rocks and soil for additional clues that could reveal whether the planet was ever a warmer, wetter place capable of sustaining life.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
wow, what an overwhelming response!
all at once now.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewYorker
wow, what an overwhelming response!
all at once now.

Sorry New Yorker

I posted a link...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...earlier today.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Aaaaah, that explains it! Again, my sincerest apologies for not perusing the rest of the site first! Interesting stuff, however, and cant wait to see how this turns out.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewYorker
Aaaaah, that explains it! Again, my sincerest apologies for not perusing the rest of the site first! Interesting stuff, however, and cant wait to see how this turns out.

No worries New Yorker!! I *haven't* a monopoly on this story - or any other!!

I'm excited about Beagle - too

top topics

join