It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comets Collide In "The Eye Of God."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Comets Collide

The Eye of God stares back at us from deep in the universe in this spectacular picture from a space telescope. The eerie image, shot with Nasa's Spitzer instrument, is really the shimmering remains of a dead star that has thrown its gas out into space.

The heat-seeking telescope reveals the star itself like a red pupil at the centre of the eye.

These Nebulas are really amazing. This particular one is really fascinating in detail and such.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
What does this picture have to do with comets ?

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Mogget]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
What does this picture have to do with comets ?

well if you click on the link in his post you will see

And it has discovered a surrounding cloud of dust that astronomers believe is caused by comets colliding as they continue to circle their lost sun

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Ahh, yes. My apologies. I'll remember to check out any links next time

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Speaker of Truth

That is an absolutely stunning image.

The accompanying story is facinating also.

To imagine that pic to possibly be similar to what our own sun could end up as in 5 billion years is just mind bending,

To think that even the hottest of heats can transform into a thing of beauty from it's gaseous endevours upon it's supposed death.

Everything is energy and nothing of energy seems to die it just changes.

A star turns into an eye in the sky. WOW!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
Speaker of Truth

Everything is energy and nothing of energy seems to die it just changes.

Yeah, that's why people who do not believe in any kind of continuance after death amaze me. Now, it may be true that our continuance may not be what we expect, but to say that there is no continuance of our existence after death seems somewhat ludicrous to me.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Isn't it possible that the Eye of God could be totally dispersed by now or at least a totally different shape. I mean what we are seeing is actually millions of years in the past right? The gases will not remain in that position for infinity.

Pie

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Isn't it possible that the Eye of God could be totally dispersed by now or at least a totally different shape. I mean what we are seeing is actually millions of years in the past right? The gases will not remain in that position for infinity.

Pie

I wonder about that as well. It woud seem, at least to the common sense, that it would indeed change over time. However,I am not sure that is the case.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Also remember that this was shot with an infrared telescope, so in visible light it would probably look completely different. The colors would definitely be different, since this picture is in false color.

Cool picture nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
beautiful!!! to bad it wasn't bigger or i would not hesitate to make this my desktop

if anyone knows of a bigger image let me know

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by biotic
if anyone knows of a bigger image let me know

This is a little bigger.

us.st11.yimg.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
that is one fantastic piccie, thanx heaps for sharing. Now to work out how to get in onto my fone as wallpaper!

new topics

top topics

join