It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many futuristic Inventors have Disappeared?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I was watching a show about different inventions that were good and didn't make it. Like for instance the inventor of the electric car. Right near the end of the show the orator mentioned that there have been many inventors, and designers that have disappeared. This got me started thinking, so I have been searching. I can't find anything. I was wondering if anybody else had any info on this subject?

I will try and post any news I can find on the subject.

Please post any you might find.

I am really interested in this. Might this be the ultimate Conspiracy? Well with everybody's help it could be if we can find some proof.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I just want to be the first to say it...

TESLA!
www.mall-usa.com...

[edit on 18-2-2007 by hoppy]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well, there was Philip Taylor Kramer. Here's the basics on his story, plucked from around the Net:

Philip Taylor Kramer, who was most famously known as the bassist for the 60s/70s hard rock band Iron Butterfly, also studied engineering and built radar equipment, among other things. At one time, he was at Northrop working on the design of the MX missile. He and a few colleagues formed a computer company called Total Multimedia in the late 80s or early 90s.

Kramer's wife said that, before his mysterious disappearance, he had been staying up late at night working on programming and mathematical formulae. No one was exactly sure what it was — some say he had discovered a mathematical formula that would allow matter to travel faster than the speed of light, but that's a lot of horse crap. I remember this story when it first broke, and it was said at the time that Kramer was working on computer hardware/software that would allow rapid facial recognition/identification based on just a partial video sampling.

For example, a security camera equipped with this gear could instantly spot a known terrorist or a lost child in a crowd of thousands, with just a fragment of his face visible. According to his wife, this was a very confidential project for Kramer.

Whatever it was, it was big. His wife reported that he stayed up late at night working long hours on the project; and right before his disappearance he started acting strangely — finding sacredness in everything.

On February 12, 1995, he left home in a Ford Astrovan and went to Los Angeles International Airport to wait for a business associate who never appeared. After an hour of waiting, he left the airport and proceeded to an unknown destination, during which time he made a series of strange phone calls on his cell phone in his van.

One call was to his wife telling her his plans had changed for that day. One call was to the drummer for Iron Butterfly, Ron Bushy, to whom he cryptically said "I'll see you on the other side. I love you more than life itself."

The last phone call was to 911 saying that he was "going to commit suicide." He didn't return home after that. Despite missing person reports and an extensive search by his family, no one could find him or the van he was driving.

In 1999, a green Astrovan was found at the bottom of a Malibu canyon in the Santa Monica Mountains. Two hikers made the discovery, saw human remains inside the van, and authorities used dental records to positively identify the skeleton as that of Philip Taylor Kramer.

Did he really commit suicide? If he did, why? His project was supposedly going to revolutionize facial recognition technology, which would have made him rich beyond the dreams of avarice. The possibility comes to mind that the U.S. government or a foreign entity may have approached him about his highly technical project, and relieved him of his burden, so to speak.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/18/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoppy
I just want to be the first to say it... TESLA!
www.mall-usa.com...

But Nikola Tesla didn't disappear. While he contributed to (or, more properly, laid the foundation for) electrical/electronic/radio science as we know it today, Tesla lived a full life — as much as he was an electrical genius, he was a lousy businessman, and he never reached the degree of celebrity of Thomas Edison. True, Edison couldn't even approach Tesla on a scientific level, but Edison was a shrewd businessman who spun his image as much as his inventions.

Tesla died in 1943, just before the U.S. Supreme Court found that he was, in fact, the true Father of Radio, a title that many inventor/scabs (such as Marconi) fought for years to steal away from Tesla.

There's always been a lot of speculation about the government loading up all of Tesla's belongings after his death and hauling it off to a secret warehouse, supposedly to exploit his particle weapon (the so-called "Death Beam") and other technologies (as in The Philadelphia Experiment). However, by the time Tesla died, he was pretty much a crazy old man, and probably wasn't hiding or working on anything of any value.

There's a good likelihood that Tesla may have even ruined his own brain in his earlier years, when he was experimenting with X-rays before anyone even knew what the hell X-rays were. Tesla himself called it "invisible light," and used to test his apparatus on his own head to produce X-ray images — he was probably blasting his brain with thousands of times more X-ray exposure than is considered safe today.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/18/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
However, by the time Tesla died, he was pretty much a crazy old man, and probably wasn't hiding or working on anything of any value.

There's a good likelihood that Tesla may have even ruined his own brain in his earlier years, when he was experimenting with X-rays

This is true.
Although there was an attempt to discredit him for awhile.

[edit on 19-2-2007 by hoppy]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
have you ever considered that maybe these inventors dissapear becuase they got work at dulce? If i were the government i would want as many genius as possible working on the highest technology

[edit on 19-2-2007 by ibm5100]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
And I am curious on that. Do you really believe that they would leave their families behind like they did? How many inventions that would have make oil obsolete had their invention disappear, or had themselves disappear afterwards?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Wow that story about Kramer gave me chills.

top topics

join