It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not good news about Iran bomb explosions UPDATE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Peyres
Was this the 'proof'?

the obviously faked photograph which is all over the Iranian press.

See what happens when you take it out of context. That is obviously shopped, but for a reason. The "fake" ammo box which dominates the lower part of the image is a zoom of the smaller boxes seen lying on the floor in the image proper. Obviously, there would be a caption with the original photgraph saying "insert is a zoom blah blah"..

I'm sorry, but if you actually think that it is a fake because it is blatantly shopped, why not examine the image closer and see why it was shopped.

The only way we will know what context this imgae was presented in is to see the original Iranian publication and what they say about the picture. Grabbing a random picture off a third party website and slamming it with no background info is a bit daft.

Let's see the original please.

THAT WAS THE ORIGINAL from the Fars New agency. They manipulated it in the lower corner in an attempt to zoom up on the ammo boxes to further proof their point "oh look it says it US ammo"

The rest of it is 'original' and still looks as if all the items have been cloned. Thre is a flash animation on LGF that attempts to show you how.

If you manipulate one corner of the image with honest intentions, then why does the rest of it look faked as well.

Also the 'grenades' in the pictures are actually Russian F1 anti-personnel grenades. But the Iranians aren't pointing the finger at their Russian mates who have armed them and thus Iraqi resistance fighters/insurgents/cold blooded civilian killing smacktards.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Peyres]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Ok, with such a poor quality pic it must be hard to tell, but I'll bite anyway and ask "Why do you think it is shopped (barring the obvious zoom)"

Also, regardless wether you say the image is from FARS, I want to see it, as I said, in it's original publication. That way, we KNOW we're looking at the very same image that the Iranians released. The image you posted to is hosted on a third party site and for all I know, the whole image is faked, including the little FARS stamp in the bottom right.

As for the Russian grenade's, well, Russian equipment is EVERYWHERE, so it wouldn't be surprising to see it turn up anywhere. US equipment, you would think anyway, is subject to tighter export controls and doesn't just turn up in the hands of foreign "terrorists" by accident.

Now, to reitterate by previous assertion, I'm not calling this pic real or fake, I want to see the original. That is not the original as it is hosted on a third party blog site, rather than in the original format.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Ok, after some searching I found the original article from FARS and it does have the picture. Minor problem though, I cannot actually view the picture properly for some webby reason..

Here is the link with the original picture. If someone wants to examine it and explain how it was faked, I'm all ears. I just like to know the truth, as opposed to what some blog said....

www.farsnews.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i113.photobucket.com...

shows it all really.

The items have been cloned, and flipped about. Some of the packages display the exact same creases and bends. Alot of the items just appear raised and look out of place.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Peyres]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join