It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Harry and England

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto
I hope your right! I may even join the taliban myself if I could get just one shot at that ginger bastard!

GO TALIBAN GO!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 17/2/07 by Mcphisto]

And hopefully you are sent to Gitmo in the process.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Insomniac...

My original point was that many think Charles has only the one Heir, the 'spare' being the dog in the manger.
If this is the case I think the Afghan rebels may be the least of his worries.

(I like the 'spare' idea)

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The great unknown
Insomniac...

My original point was that many think Charles has only the one Heir, the 'spare' being the dog in the manger.
If this is the case I think the Afghan rebels may be the least of his worries.

(I like the 'spare' idea)

I think you have a very good point there! I hope he has sufficient body armour (particularly around the back) - he might need it!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
In light of any uncertainties I may have put in anyones mind, I think it fair to air the other side of the paternity debate, so heres a link :-

news.bbc.co.uk...

Maybe its all nonsense, and the boy really is of the House of Windsor.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insomniac

Don't forget Prince Andrew was in the front line as a helicopter pilot during the Falklands conflict when he was 2nd in line to the throne.

I think you will find that Andrew was NOT in the front line but kept at the back of the action out of arms way, as was revieled some time after the war and excuses for this werer banded about by Buckingham palace.
The same will happen to this ginger moron, he will be sent to a 'quiet' part of the war, handing out blankets as a PR stunt. I only hope that the lifes of REAL soldiers dont come into danger by having every taliban around wanting to pop a cap in him and claim the bounty which there surely will be, on his head!

And for those who are going to say he is a real soldier, he went through the training process, but who's to know he didnt just get rubber stamped through with the same contempt to authority that he and his cronnies had when the cheated him through his art exams!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

And for those who are going to say he is a real soldier, he went through the training process, but who's to know he didnt just get rubber stamped through with the same contempt to authority that he and his cronnies had when the cheated him through his art exams!

Uh Huh... so are you saying he DID get through on his name alone, or is that just idle baseless speculation?

The british royal family have a long history of service in the forces.. In fact it was always a tradition in the british aristocracy in general.

Funny.. everyone ridicules Bush for using his connections to AVOID combat, and then you caste aspersions on someone by saying they may have used their influence to get INTO the forces and into harms way...

I know which one I have more respect for.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Just FYI They say he is going to Basra, Iraq if they are deployed. Not Afghanistan. This is much more of a violent situation. I say good for him, I am sure he could have gotten out of it, but unlike the older brother has followed in a long line Military in his family. I do not know much about the royals, but sure seems like you wouldn't see our presidents kids anywhere near Iraq. I hope he does well and shows much bravery.

www.mirror.co.uk...=exclusive--harry-to-fight-in-iraq%26method=full%26objectid=18634497%26siteid=89520-name_page.html< br />
PS when the poster said about N Ireland he was talking about the oppression put on the Catholics correct? and maybe a Catholic controlled gov would be bad because they might seek revenge from that oppression? or am I lost?

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
ShiftTrio, I think the only thing we in the uk fear from a catholic state is a ban on abortions and condoms.

Unless you are an alter boy, of course!
:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nowthenlookhere

Uh Huh... so are you saying he DID get through on his name alone, or is that just idle baseless speculation?

The british royal family have a long history of service in the forces.. In fact it was always a tradition in the british aristocracy in general.

Funny.. everyone ridicules Bush for using his connections to AVOID combat, and then you caste aspersions on someone by saying they may have used their influence to get INTO the forces and into harms way...

I know which one I have more respect for.

No I am not saying he got through alone. I am saying he got through probably taking shortcuts, passing training he probably never done. Basically, I am saying he would have got through even if he had a finger up his bum!

The aristocrisy will make sure he is in the army, just like his step-dad Charles was in the Navy! Have you seen all his medals? What did he get them for I wonder? Didnt realise he was such a great man!

In case you needed to know what he did here you go....
BIG EARS

He was in a mine sweeper! Oh my aching sides!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

The aristocrisy will make sure he is in the army, just like his step-dad Charles was in the Navy! Have you seen all his medals? What did he get them for I wonder? Didnt realise he was such a great man!

In case you needed to know what he did here you go....
BIG EARS

He was in a mine sweeper! Oh my aching sides!!!

They are ceremonial medals - he would have a hard time getting medals for gallantry without a war. Fortunately for him Britain was at peace during his time in the navy.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

There not medals for service in the Navy or Arm there awarded because of his titles.They are Royal badges of Office sorry can`t remeber the real title.

Don`t anybody remeber Edward, he dropped out early due to lack of balls in the Royal Marines.

Both Harry and William have received training from the SAS in hereford.They have been trained in vehicle and CQB, HRT which have included Live excercising within the killing house.

The British Military is to proud to allow a Royal to slip in without working the same as everybody else.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by st111

The British Military is to proud to allow a Royal to slip in without working the same as everybody else.

Not too proud to help him cheat his way to a art exam 'A' level result though?

news.bbc.co.uk...

No smoke without fire. Mind you, his step-dads a famous cheat so why wouldnt he?

I hope he gets his head blown off!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

No smoke without fire. Mind you, his step-dads a famous cheat so why wouldnt he?

There`s only one problem you`ll find with that thieory.Poor old Major Hewitts wedding takle doesn`t work very well.It didn`t either when he was with Diana.

CX

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Just out of interest Mcphisto, do you mind if i ask where you are from?

Any reason for your over the top bitterness towards Prince Harry?

I'm in no position to judge members posts but you just seem way too bitter about all this.
Is it a "ginger thing"?

There are many here who don't like the taliban, but i rarely see posts where members are wishing anyones "head blown off".

CX.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I've heard the MOD is now saying it will not confirm if Harry is going to either two of the war zones and they won't make it public till he and his family like the rest know before us this is obviously one of the so called "tabloids" giving hype to a story with no real concrete truth but then again with the likes of The Sun what's new!

CX

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Thats what i heard too.

I found this amusing, except the reality is'nt really. John Ried saying "Treat Harry like any other member of the armed forces" when he's finished his military training.

Defence Secretary John Reid has said Prince Harry should be treated "like any other member of the British armed forces" when he finishes his military training.

Mr Reid was speaking after reports that Harry had threatened to quit the Army if he was blocked from active service because of safety fears.

Mr Reid said that the media spotlight might be one reason for the 21-year-old not to go to the front line.

He told the BBC: "In so far as is humanly possible, I believe that the young prince should be treated like any other member of the British armed forces. Source: Treat Harry the same as other soldiers

Does this mean we are to see Harry being denied kit he desperately needs, having to live on crap wages and his family back home living in accomodation i would'nt let my dog live in?

CX.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The great unknown
ShiftTrio, I think the only thing we in the uk fear from a catholic state is a ban on abortions and condoms.

Unless you are an alter boy, of course!
:

Altar Boy? Actually was once, and I was never touched inappropriately either lol

But far from it now.. This wasn't a protestant Catholic thing, I was wondering why one of the posters on the front page would fear it. It sounded as he/she was using the violence in N Ireland as a reason to be fearful of catholics just thought that kinda ironic. .. Anyways back to to topic. =)

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Be allowed near anything dangerous...especially a road side.

His death would bring to much hatred to the Muslims for anyone to allow it.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Death for Prince Harry would most certainly serve a political agenda.

The media portrayal would not be of the foolhardy prince who chose to serve a corrupt agenda; it would depict him as a hero who fought for his nation and perished at the hands of evil extremists and terrorists. The Royal Family project such a sensitive field around them that most media outlets will not dare condemn his death; it will instead serve to 'fuel the fire' further, following an embarrasingly elaborate few weeks of national mourning and 'tough talk' as a political response from whichever bloated puppet happens to be in power at the time. The war will suddenly become very 'real' for most people, and, with that, so will the fear. Up until now we've only seen annoynomous pictures of men we never knew. When Harry's face is plastered all over the newspapers it will suddenly provoke a far more emotional response. "The Nation Has Lost a Son" will be the most overused non-sequitor of all the hyperbole and furlore that will follow.

My housemate woke up this morning and told me she'd had a really vivid dream that the Prince had died in Iraq... and while I'm not suggesting in any way that it constituates a tangible possiblity as a consquence of that; it certainly got me thinking and wondering whether this all might be to serve an agenda. Don't be surprised if he's pushing up the daisies this time next year.

That said, I wish him the best of luck.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join