It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Heaven a place or a state of mind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I am curious what people think of this.
Is there an actual physical place that christians go when they die or is it a higher level of being without substance?
Is it possible for there to be "heaven on earth"?
(I only asked about the christian version, as I am unfamiliar of the promises made for other religions).
Anyone with knowledge of the promises of other religions, please feel free to add in.
No Flaming please.

Peace,
BG

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
A state of mind, in my opinion. You can make a heaven of hell and a hell of heaven - it's all a state of mind... in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 07:03 AM
link   
A state of mind or consciousness. According to spiritualist beliefs when we die, regardless of what religion or creed we belong to, our actions in life dictate the state of being we will find our selves in, whether higher or lower. None of these states are permanent, no eternal hell or endless paradise but a series of spiritual progressions and lessons to be learnt. You don't have to be religious to get an afterlife, in the spiritualist philosophy we all survive death regardless.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   
It's a place, vreated by your state of mind....

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I believe you go over to the "other side" which is peaceful and far away from harm...

I believe there is another area where it is grey and you can't see anything, but you are frightened..

I'm not sure about hell though..

My grandpa came to my mother in a dream the day my grandma died and he had the biggest smile on his face, he wasnt wearing his glasses and then he just disappeared...
Later that day she got a phone call telling her that her mom died. But she wasnt upset because he came to her.

CNN hosted a special with this guy psychic, larry king wanted to see if he was a bs psychic.
Live phone calls from people, and the one that busted my nut was when a girl called about her brother.
He died by suicide... But she didn't have to tell him that.

he came out and said he shot himself, he wasn't happy, he was a loner, an outcast, nobody understood him.
he said that when he died he crossed over. But when he died he ended up in this place ( I forget what he called it) that was all grey and he couldn't see anything.
His father pulled him over to the other side where there was no pain or suffering... So there it went... My eyes start to water when I talk about stuff like this...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Wherever the God is , there is the paradise.

It is neither a constant place nor a state of mind, it is the place where God stands.IMHO.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beergoggles

Here we most commonly percieve as a place, earth the phyical world, though all matter that makes up the phyical realm is based upon energy. Our perceptions of the phyical reality are again only electircal pulses as defined in conscious thinking. The phyical world is an illuison. Earth, your work place, your churches, your dwellings, they are all just states of conscious thought, states of mind.

Heaven thusly is state of mind an also a place.

new topics

top topics

join