It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cavemen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I was pondering two ideas the other night.

If cavemen were the first humans on Earth, would they have past lives?

My second question: Would cavemen have had guardian angels (protectors) with them?

[Edited on 18-12-2003 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
First answer: Perhaps they were the first humans on Earth, but perhaps they had past lives on OTHER planets. This may be the case still.

Second answer: Why wouldn't they?

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Question #1: No, neither does anyone on Earth now or ever. Past lives are figments of peoples imagination

Question#2: No, angels aren't real.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Question #1: No, neither does anyone on Earth now or ever. Past lives are figments of peoples imagination

Question#2: No, angels aren't real.

How do you know?

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst

Probably not. People didn't have the knowlege of good and evil during that time 'apparently' so, maybe they didn't have souls either. They were just mindless thugs who wandered about looking for something to kill for food in order to survive. Just as all animals do.

My second question: Would cavemen have had guardian angels (protectors) with them?

I think they did yes, depending on what you'd consider guardian angels. There has always been outsiders looking in imho.

[Edited on 18-12-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I know I'm dredging up an old thread here, and Sapphire posed an interesting question. I personally believe in reincarnation, and I don't believe past lives need to be linear. I think you can live one life in 2500 BC, and live the next in 2000 AD, then live a third in 1482.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
In some circles it is believed that we are husks part of a universal "net" so to speak that we have developed to this end to become host to the souls that we have.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
"I'll have the duck."

"And I don't have much of an appetite."

I LOVE that commercial! Anyways...

Assuming both P.L.'s and G.A.'s are true, they would had to have souls for either to occur. If you believe everything has a soul, then yes. If you believe only humans have souls, then you would have to wonder at what point of our evolution we got them.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
See thats the point eh? as i said "in some circles"It depends on what you believe.There is many different paths of study.Both science and spiritual. that describe the evolution of souls and our origins.

Tuk

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Woodside

If you believe only humans have souls, then you would have to wonder at what point of our evolution we got them.

Maybe living things "get" soul when their mental abilities are advanced enough, atleast that would explain how humans can have soul even if god does not exists.

If we believe that humans have souls then there is one point in human history that would explain when humans "got" souls:
For thousands of years, early humans lived quite much like chimps do now (little more advanced thou), but then something happened around 30 - 40 000 years ago or even earlier in some part of the world.

Humans started to developed culture and religion. Maybe they did that because they got advanced enough to "get" souls..

Or maybe it was just an evolution, or even ET's.. I don't know

I don't even really believe in souls, much less in gods.. But u can't never know for sure.. (atleast if u are alive)

Edit: added "or even earlier.."

[edit on 5-1-2006 by Tuk]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst

cavemen are dumb.

new topics

top topics

join