It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Porche and VW defends Germany?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

The possible soon purchasing of 20% of VW shares by Porche is an on-going trend to keep German companies, German, which is defended by law but is currently under review by the European Union Council of Justice.

Porche's moves are to protect VW from being bought by foreign nationals whose interests are not "Vokswagen's" which considering the history seems no less than to protect the entirety of Germany from foreign nationals who may try to direct Germany's future economic policies.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If Porsche had any brain's they would stay away from VW.My best friend own's a highly successful auto repair shop that bring's in about 500k a year and if he were to go by statistic's VW's are the 2nd most worked on car next to GM.Volkswagen's are junk.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samblack
If Porsche had any brain's they would stay away from VW.My best friend own's a highly successful auto repair shop that bring's in about 500k a year and if he were to go by statistic's VW's are the 2nd most worked on car next to GM.Volkswagen's are junk.

Are they not the same as Audi's underneath? I thought German cars were well made. Everyone I know will swear by a German car, even if they cannot afford them.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Germany doesn't really have the best track record with laws against 'foreigners'. They should try to join the rest of us in the 21st century.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Germany doesn't really have the best track record with laws against 'foreigners'. They should try to join the rest of us in the 21st century.

Nygdan, come on. There is a big difference between a Protectionist economic attitude and the Final Solution.. i know that is what you were harking at...

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Are they not the same as Audi's underneath? I thought German cars were well made. Everyone I know will swear by a German car, even if they cannot afford them.

Volkswagen, Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini....all brought to you by the Volkswagen Group.

I have a BMW.....and yes, I'd swear by German Ingenuity.

I don't see the problem here, it just seems to be a good investment for Porsche

[edit on 15-2-2007 by sky1]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well I doubt Ford or GM could afford to buy into VW. So whats the problem with Porche taking them in.

I remember hearin g in the news last year that Ford and GM were talking about working together in order to save them selves.

Heck even Nissan reported lower sales not long ago.

If more companies in the US did what VW and Porche are doing there would be less places closing and moving to forgine soil costing US jobs.

AS for VWs needing to be worked on alot it might be the drivers driving them that should be looked at. A few of their cars are in the tuner area so they would be getting ran pretty hard. I've heard Mazdas require alot of work also but again some of their cars fall into the tuner rankings or the drivers drive them as if they are tuned cars and cause the break downs.

Raist

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Mazda is basically a ford.VW's have a bad track record with brake caliper's freezing up,rear bearing's,ball joint's and an assortment of electrical problems.And one more thing,most VW'S in the USA are made in Mexico.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Samblack]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Whatever your statistic, people who do not change their oil get trouble with VW or any other make and model. I do change the oil regularly, and take maintenance steps from time to time.

I am the proud owner of a running 1978 Volkswagen Rabbit. I blew a small radiator hose today. So what, it cost $35 to fix. It works fine now again. Everything has been fixed on this thing, to a tune of $3k over the past 10 years. Now it might seem silly to repair a car that is only worth $500 bluebook? Well it runs and it keeps on running. Why buy another used car I know nothing about?

Things like those little vacuum hoses bewilder people who junk their cars, when it cost very little to fix it yourself. They see a drop off in performance when it is as simple as buying some stock rubber hose, cutting it to size, removing the old and putting in the new.

Now if you are talking newer VWs, your have computers and other things getting in the way as all cars. There are still things you can repair yourself.
Ignorance is expensive.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
You're 1978 Volkswagen is built alot simpler and alot better then current VW'S ,for one the 1978 was manufactured and assembled in Germany and not Mexico.Trust me my friend's shop is highly successfull and he see's alot of them.I've known people that have also worked for VW's dealership's and even they say they have alot of problem's when they get to be 5 or so year's old.Im not talking about the 1984 and under VW's,those were great car's.

Here is a consumer report list that list's the most reliable and un-reliable passenger car's.Just like I posted GM's and VW's are in the most unreliable,so is BMW and just about all German manufacturer's "German electronic's suck".Electronic's nowaday's don't just turn you're light's on and off,they pretty much control engine and transmission management.

autos.msn.com...

new topics

top topics

join