It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you love your kids, you won't have them.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hey Yall:

I was thinking about my son this morning (Im out of town, he is 18) and realized how empty and meaningless my life would be without him. Then, in my head, I thought... should have had 20 kids!

But, after having my first child and seeing life is a bitch for everyone, I made the decision not to further procreate. I honestly feel the world is a mean place and if we truly love our kids, we wont bring them into it.

I had my son *very* young. Perhaps thats why I feel this way. Everyone says, 'Why only one, you are an awesome... cool ass mama.' I respond with, 'After having my baby, I realized the first time he got pushed down that IF we really love our babies we wont have them'.

Am I the only one of this mind-set or is this something 30 something'ers are doing these days? Childless by choice? Increasing or decreasing?

And if the reason is often the same as mine for no procreating is also my question.

Thank you!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The world is overpopulated. Our species is trashing this planet. I feel the same.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
the title should probably read, if you love your kids, you won't have more because you cannot love what you do not know.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hmm interesting question!

Certainly we're living in grim times, and it can be difficult to see what hope there is, or if there will even be a world left for our children to be born into....

I don't have any children yet, and I have always told myself I'd wait until the right time, when I have enough money and power to raise a child properly...

I think though that if I found a truly amazing love, my mind would change pretty quick!! That being the real power the ladies have over us.... ;-)

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'm sure there was a lot of pessimism in london in black '44.

I'm sure it made no sense to have kids during the plague

I'm sure during the bay of pigs crisis everyone was waiting to die

Children are a gift, a blessing, a miracle, and everyone reading this is someones child !

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Children are indeed a miracle and I tried for 5 long years before having mine.

However, now I worry about the planet he will inherit, what would happen to him if something happened to me, and whether or not I am doing a good job of raising him.

I love him dearly and want what is best for him. I also would never have another child. Nine billion miracles are enough. We don't need to worry about the human race dying out.

Also, it is the biggest responsibility you can possibly imagine. You want to know that absolute epitomy of failure? Mess up a kid. There is no worse feeling in the world than loving your child and failing him/her. I have never felt a pain that compares to that. I have never felt sorrow so big as that which comes from failing as a parent. You hold a person's entire life in your hands, one false move could break it.

You had better be really sure of yourself before you have a child. You need to be able to say with some degree of certainty that for the next 20 years you will remain stable, motivated, compassionate, of the best possible character, patient, fair, healthy, finanacially secure, etc.

If you really aren't sure, then love your kids enough to not have them.

[edit on 2/24/07 by wellwhatnow]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I love my kids so much ive got 4.

I think that if there given opportunities in life that my generation didnt have they can do amazing things. My 6 year old twins know more about enviromental issues than i do. My 10 year old can run rings around me on a computer.

I believe the sooner our kids inherit the planet the better, they might actually do something to fix the mess weve left them in.

I say love them enough to give them the chance to make a difference.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
wellwhatnow

Well now that you put it that way..... maybe I'll just wait another 30 years before I have one....

new topics

top topics

join