It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.A. Pro Democracy? What % of the human race supports American Policy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Depending upon which polls you personally choose to believe ....

Roughly 70% of Americans dissagree with America's current international policies and 90+% of the world population also does not agree with current American international policies.

World leaders from many allied nations of America have voiced dissaproval with our current administration, Australia's leader being most recent.

So ...

With roughly 90% of humanity on the planet not agreeing with American policy ....

Do Americans still feel they are the truest voice which Democracy, and by dissregarding the majority of the human race, do people feel this is an accurate depiction of what democracy should be like?

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Do Americans still feel they are the truest voice which Democracy, and by dissregarding the majority of the human race, do people feel this is an accurate depiction of what democracy should be like?

Well, I suppose that depends on what democracy you are refering to, the democracy of the american people or the world. Since when does what the world thinks or feels about the government of the US mean a damn thing?

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Since we had allies in WW2, you want to go at it alone Xfilesfan??? I guess we can punch the chad for another american that doesn't give 2sh&*% about what the rest of the world thinks. We are not the only ones on this planet, and where it means a "damn thing" is there are other people in this world that don't have the privilege to voice their selves the way you do, and to think because we have people who fight to protect that right for us is foolish when you have people like we have behind the wheel pointing the gun!

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Excellent post

I think democracy is a term deliberately promoted, nontheless just as false as that of WMD. It's all about spin, and after the fall of communism, it has been hand-fed with great success. Givin' t'people a li'll hope... after any kind of sharing had been excluded.

Just remember before democracy was made the carrot, it was right wing dictatorships of the worst kind that benefited and gained support from the American agenda. Throughout the postWW2 period up to Reagan and the demolation of communism U.S. was the proud supporter, if not erector, of... gewd knows hooow many tyrany rules.

Something of a higher altruistic strain than just plain greed for minerals, are at stake now though. It's the holy soul of our very governing.

Shame on whomever won't promote such. "Either you're w... ",
...and if you're against us you better watch your way.

Wasn't it Churchill who said, "among evils you pick the lesser evil", talking democracy.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by shizzle5150
Since we had allies in WW2, you want to go at it alone Xfilesfan??? I guess we can punch the chad for another american that doesn't give 2sh&*% about what the rest of the world thinks. We are not the only ones on this planet, and where it means a "damn thing" is there are other people in this world that don't have the privilege to voice their selves the way you do, and to think because we have people who fight to protect that right for us is foolish when you have people like we have behind the wheel pointing the gun!

We are already alone! what difference does it make anymore? The general consensus amongst our "allies'" populations is that the US is evil and americans are fat, greedy, lazy, warlike, arrogant, etc. One only needs to look at these boards to see how the residents of these countries feel about us. So I ask you again, Why should we give a damn?

And whats with the rest of your comments? So in essence, the world is oppressed because of bush?
a man who has been in power for 6 years is now the root of all the evil in the world? Oh, you sappy lefties are really good. Not only do you spew crap on a daily basis, you actually lap it up and believe in it! :LOL: So convienant to forget the fact that this whole war started on 9/11. Tha bush had nothing to do with it. I dont care what anybody says in Iraq, the presence of al qaeda in Iraq today alone justifies our presence there IMO. Go spew your lies somewhere else, Im tired of hearing it. Did you ever consider the fact that you are among the 25% of americans that are....well...how to say this....in the words of South Park, "retarded."

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
The general consensus amongst our "allies'" populations is that the US is evil and americans are fat, greedy, lazy, warlike, arrogant, etc. One only needs to look at these boards to see how the residents of these countries feel about us.

It really turns me off -- regardless of a board in cyberspace, or a bar in reality -- encountering statements of this kind. Do you really yourself believe it is so?
...just because every time the liability issue is up, you and certain others rush in to claim it is according to your prejudgees.

I've NEVER seen any being addressed with the terms you suggest... never in first or second person sense have I seen that. In third person it might be common in some describing and analog matters discussions.

... the world is oppressed because of bush? a man who has been in power for 6 years is now the root of all the evil in the world? Oh, you sappy lefties are really good. Not only do you spew crap on a daily basis, you actually lap it up and believe in it!

Well, consider America as a corporation. Do the same to EU, Russia, China or anyother you see as a player. It all comes down to doing best. Company US Inc want to do better than those blatant Euroes for sure. The other players so far not a threat, but China's rising.

Don't you think it matters what kind of man his head of corporation? Some CEO's of the past have been reknown for in a few years time to change a course of disaster for some of the companies they were hired by. It all comes down to the man. That's why there's still hope for U.S.A.

... the presence of al qaeda in Iraq today alone justifies our presence there IMO.
....well...how to say this....in the words of South Park, "retarded."

You should be aware when you post like you do, some people get offended or #ish# off. It doesn't stimulate the urge to join among visitors on, I'm sure.

For myself ...being still a "recent" member, I can only say after a couple of month vigorously trying to argue some points in vain, you just reside. But it is with the risc it leaves you in a gloom of sadness, sometimes also emptiness.

I only regret I never watch more South Park.
That word.. ?whatwusit?? Hmmm...

(ed grammr)

[edit on 15-2-2007 by khunmoon]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The topic of this thread is not the personalities of our fellow posters.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
You know I would like to see those numbers when in a World War. The only time the rest of the world seems to really care, and like the U.S. of A. Because we are the only place that will consistantly kill our own people to try and make you safe, to make your lives better. I'd rather you just said thank you and went about your business, instead of the whine everytime our country cancels a debt you owe us, send you aide, shows up after an earthquake, Where the hell were you when we needed help

In a democracy they vote using a %. We don't take a Nation wide vote everytime something comes up. I guess its up to people like you to show us to the error of our ways.

GET REAL. WE as American's generally REALLY, ENJOY the fact that the World Wide population doesn't agree with us. If they did they would be American's and not part of the rest. NOT everyone can be an American. In the end I say thank GOD that is true.

Xphiles you must be a frog, or atleast taking it from one. Your pathetic drivel was handed to you be your masters, why not learn something new to say.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well, if the rest of the world does not like our policy which mirror Western European policy, they can live their lives without the ammeneties provided to them by western technology such as heat engines, pumps, medicines, plastics, foams, rubber, concrete, iron technology, and they can go back to living in their mud huts.

Though, as long as they continue to use our technology, they have no choice but to comply, and besides democracy applies toward within the United States, not outside.

top topics

join