It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What now? is there a mentor out there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hello All!
For years, i've been fascinated with the idea of the occult, but growing up in a very narrow minded household attempts in dabbling into the occult often failed. many books have been destroyed, all i have now are my tarot cards.

My only occult experiences to date are a few sessions with a ouija board, a friend being possesed at a seance (it didnt last long luckily), and at a time i was pretty adept at tarot (that is, my reading were correct).

Also if it counts for anything i tought myself while giving a back massage once to control others body temps, and heal sore spots on their body.

My question to all of you at ATS is, where do i go from here to reach my goals, and that is to master Astral projection and eventually work out of the Goetia.
Mind you, ive never had the slightest experience in APing, thuogh i've tried time and time again.

Many people have told me that what comes next is something that i need to ask myself, but in my opinion that is like giving someone the tools to a project but no blueprints. I've always been a strong believer in the student-teacher learning process. or at least to learn from a book.

I am curious if there is anyone out there that might be willing to teach me or at least point me in the right direction.

-Thanks
Sam

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have a question for you: What are your real goals?

To master AP for what reason?

To work with Goetia for what reason?

If we know what you actually want to do with these tools, perhaps we can give you some guidance.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
im not sure on why i want to practice the goetia, and upon questioning myself im not sure if its right for me.

i truly wish to AP for a few reasons,
first, ill admit, APing sounds like fun, but thats not my main focus
i want to try to find the Akashic Records, to understand all points of magick and its history

Now for my other reasons, let me make sure we're on the same page. When i say astral project i do not mean an OBE into our world, but an OBE into another realm of existance.
Because it is there that i would like to travel, and converse with an ancient teacher a friend of mine followed, and ask to be taught by him as well. From what i understand, he taught him legends of his world, and how his and ours connect, and how to keep balance

My friend had started to tell me legends and tales he knew from the teacher, but unfortunately he has suffered a mild case of amnesia pertaining to all things relevent to the occult.
He willingly had these memories erased... this last part may sound like a load of poo, but its a sad fact. especially because he hasnt been the same since. And he acted like nothing had ever happened. I even have key words that im never to say or they may bring back his memory. Though the mind is amazing, and you cannot truely erase it. He began uncontrolablely writing poetry through which he rediscovered parts of what he had hidden.

[edit on 14-2-2007 by SamRi890]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Set your heart and mind in the state of hopeful but non-boxing expectation for your teacher.

When the student is ready the teacher will come.

Any others are imposters and might cause harm.
You will know.
Just be patient and continue to trust your self and inner heart and love above all things.

You are in good hands.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I read your posts and i might say your friend stumbled on to some great finds the other worlds the realms and ever thing they hold i to go there among many many other things..

AP is really fun once you get the hang of it hang in there as Annie says a teacher will come and you will know who it is when they present them selfs but for ever mesg you recive open your mind and look who whould be the right one is always a riddle..

Good luck my freind

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
My best advice is "do not seek the mentor, but let him come to you." This is honestly my best advice, don't make the same mistake I did. When the time come you will find a mentor, but do don't waste all of your energy finding one or worst of all WAIT for one. If you want to find answers, find it from within, all the answer you need is right infront of you, and like I said, when the time is right, your mentor will come.

I also suggest you 1) keep a positive outlook 2) be confident 3) keep a spiritual life (mediate and pray) 4) build awareness, just take the time to appreciate your surrounding 5) don't give in to worldly matter. I'm telling you these things because reflecting back, I realize that these were the main factors why I was able to eventually AP, well sorta.

I didn't really get any further than my attic, but I will tell you one thing, before you actually astral project, you might experience this splitting process. For me I first hear a humming sound, then I began feeling an electrical sensation running throughout the course of my body, then i felt surreal and lightheaded, then you felt like you are splitting, kinda like when you get up really really slowly, but if feels like something is propelling you to do so...maybe this would help you relate.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamRi890

I am curious if there is anyone out there that might be willing to teach me or at least point me in the right direction.

-Thanks
Sam

Go to Witchvox.com there are plenty of good articles and visit your local metephysical bookstores. You can learn most of what you need on your own. Take you time and it will come together, but not in ways you will expect.

Rmember it is called the occult because it means hidden and any serious students of the pratice will keep it that way. Because of the teen-gothic movement most open circles have now closed, too many are doing it for ego intsead of unity with God and teaching of the spirit.

Follow your heart and intuition and always remember, that love is the law, love is the bond.

Merry meet

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Hello Sam,
I agree with QueenAnnie, be careful, and I have learned, don't be to loud nor too serious.
Are you in any manner gifted there will be those whom will manipulate you for their own benefit.
WIS

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Thank you all, i suppose patience is a virture i need work on

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Is the friend that met this mentor the one that came under supposed possession during a Divination (Ouija) session? If so, that is treacherous ground my friend and you should think long and hard on where the "lessons" are coming from and there true intent.

That being said for a great "scientific" book about Astral Projection (semi-reality all the way to the Akashic Records if you believe in such a thing) check out Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. A fascinating book even for those not interested in pursuing Astral Projection.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Thank you baphomet,
no, those two friends are not the same, ive considered the true intent of these lessons long and hard, thank you for your concern though. I will be sure to look into the book, thanks

-Sam

new topics

top topics

join