It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best way to capture a ufo on video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Always have a camera with you, I do. Have yet to use the expensive sucker..but I keep it with where ever I go hoping some day..

Dallas

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The second link is interesting also.

geektechnique.org...

I just demontaged an older digital photo camera I have and not use anymore
100 of screws..all over..

Found a filter (sandwitch of 3) like in that description.
It looks blue in my case.....
Is this an IR or UV filter or both or something completly different?
Anyway I removed it...
And now I just need to puzzle the thing together again somehow
that will be funny

But seeing this I guess the new video camera will have such a filter too...
So without removeing that filter I guess you can not do much with an (slef made) IR filter except blocking everything. :/
And I certainly will not open a brand new video camera.

I wonder in case of the photo camera if I should use any (IR) filter at all.
At night it is dark so not much need to filter the visible light and without any filter it catches all there is and the cmos can catch.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
here's a similar thread

Infrared Cameras~Seeing UFO's
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I find this very fascinating, just haven't got around to buying a camera and trying it myself.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Meanwhile I got the video camera and it has nightview (guess that's standard I didn't check for this when i selected the camera) seeing in close infrared.

With this cam I could confirm that the filter I removed from my old digital photo camera is an infrared filter (but probabily filters even more).

I also could check about the unexposed developed film.
(found an old film so I was not in th shop and confused the shopkeeper ..ah I miss the fun
)

That film seems to work pretty well in blocking the visible light and let passing the infrared.

This can be used as an put on filter (i would not install it fix) for the cameras (photo/video) to check wheter an object/light source is emitting light in the infrared only or in the visual too.

Guess I am prepared...

Now I only need a kindly extraterestrial that does a nice close fly by with an infrared only visible ufo so I can record it and share it here..

I don't ask much.. do I?

(p.s. I never really intentioned to film ufos but the suggestions in the links in this thread were interesting
)

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by g210b
Meanwhile I got the video camera and it has nightview (guess that's standard I didn't check for this when i selected the camera) seeing in close infrared.

With this cam I could confirm that the filter I removed from my old digital photo camera is an infrared filter (but probabily filters even more).

I also could check about the unexposed developed film.
(found an old film so I was not in th shop and confused the shopkeeper ..ah I miss the fun
)

That film seems to work pretty well in blocking the visible light and let passing the infrared.

This can be used as an put on filter (i would not install it fix) for the cameras (photo/video) to check wheter an object/light source is emitting light in the infrared only or in the visual too.

Guess I am prepared...

Now I only need a kindly extraterestrial that does a nice close fly by with an infrared only visible ufo so I can record it and share it here..

I don't ask much.. do I?

(p.s. I never really intentioned to film ufos but the suggestions in the links in this thread were interesting
)

Hi, coud you tell us more about your cam e.g. name of company what manufactures it and so on? I would love to know, thanks.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Sure,

Sony HDR-SR1 (the Harddisk camera, High Definition 1080i)

edit to add:
Oh and if you meant my old photo camera where I removed the filter:
Nikon coolpix 880 3.34MPix

[edit on 23-2-2007 by g210b]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Quick question what is the best type of camera for stationary shooting.

UV, IR, or night vision?

I don't know much about cameras and wanted to leave my pc running all night and setup sort of a motion sensing snap shot system. If it's even possible. ANy else try this?

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 03:24 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 04:19 AM
link   
After spending about 4 years regularly filming the sky and successfully catching a number of interesting anomalies, here are my tips to increase your odds:

1) Consider a Mirrorless camera such as the Lumix series, these catch very subtle details in dark conditions.
2) For daytime, film in 60FPS and slow it down upon playback, going frame-by-frame when you see something.
3) For nighttime, use 5-15FPS, and you will catch the most moving objects right after sunset and pre-dawn, because that's when the sun is horizontal and creating the most reflections.
4) Do not have the sun in the frame.
5) Partial clouds are extremely helpful for contrast, ideal conditions.
6) Set the camera on manual focus, and get focused on a cloud or tree top. Among other benefits, this helps eliminate bugs as heckler suggestions.
7) Use a polarizer and twist it to reduce reflections.
8) On many cameras, you can get perfect pictures from a video while it is still ON the camera. Look through your videos and extract some photos of interesting items before uploading the files to your computer. This is definitely the case on my Lumix GH3, it may simply be the difference between native resolution and screen resolution scaling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join