It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OIL... Not of this Earth...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I have a contact, we'll call him. I know he's accurate. I know he's eloquent. I know he's intelligent. I know he's detail oriented.

This contact is a former USCG Rescue Swimmer. He now drives oil rigs for a living. I recently met him for a couple beers... he was passing through on his way home after his 28 on the rig...

He informed me at this meeting... something he really didn't want to email or phone about.

I don't understand the secrecy...

He explained that when they were off the coast of Brazil ... the stuff they were pumping out of the earth was GOLDEN. NO SULFUR CONTENT. He said it smelled LIKE DIESEL.

Where they are drilling now... "PERSEC" tells me shut up about that for now... he says there is NO WAY there should be oil there. He's been doing this for more than a decade now.

I don't have anything more than that on this for the time being...

What I am wondering is if anyone else has heard this evaluation from industry folks...

SPstandingby

mod edit: title fix

[edit on 2/13/2007 by Gools]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southpaw11
What I am wondering is if anyone else has heard this evaluation from industry folks...

Nope.

There is the abiotic oil crowd that believes the earth has a gooey nougat center of oil that percolates up through the ground, but since oil is mostly made up of carbon and hydrogen with other basic elements, there is no reason to believe that it's not of this earth.

Also, every oil field has unique physicochemical characteristics, so I suppose it's possible to have a deposit with little or no sulphur. That doesn't seem strange to me.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

Originally posted by Southpaw11

Nope.

There is the abiotic oil crowd that believes the earth has a gooey nougat center of oil that percolates up through the ground, but since oil is mostly made up of carbon and hydrogen with other basic elements, there is no reason to believe that it's not of this earth.

Also, every oil field has unique physicochemical characteristics, so I suppose it's possible to have a deposit with little or no sulphur. That doesn't seem strange to me.

Yeah... that's kinda what I said... only not so knowledgable ... LOL ... But he countered with this: "Bro.... when have opened my mouth about something unless I'm SURE?" He's got a point. On top of that, he followed with "I've been drilling oil for 28 days on 28 days off for the last ten years... We've seen ALOT in those 10 years... that's 5 years of drilling.

365 days x 5 years.

That's a pretty good chunck of observation time.

I understand what you said... Apply it justifiably...and STILL feel that it is ABSOLUTELY weird for there to be DIESEL coming out of the ground. sounds weird just on its face... anything that requires that type of refining... and is found to be almost refined... that does NOT make sense.

Plus... my bro is simply convinced... that tells me it merits further investigation. He really never has opened his mouth about something unless he's right... since we were eight years old...

SPout

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
"Smells like diesel", "Can runit straight into the engine out of the ground", "No processing required", etc. these all terms people in the industry love to use to describe the grades of crude. Usually a bunch of bull#. Though no sulfur conent is a load, maybe low sulfur, Ive also heard 80% aromatics by volume from China.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by etotheitheta
"Smells like diesel", "Can runit straight into the engine out of the ground", "No processing required", etc. these all terms people in the industry love to use to describe the grades of crude. Usually a bunch of bull#. Though no sulfur conent is a load, maybe low sulfur, Ive also heard 80% aromatics by volume from China.

Well... yeah... but that's what I was talking about. This guy does not subscribe to "fads" or "slang" nor for "buzzwords". He's one of the most down to earth fellas you'd ever meet... and is simply not "that guy" you describe.

I know that doesn't do a darned thing to prove this... but just so you understand what I'm talking about... I said the same thing to the guy. "yeah, but isn't that what EVERY rig's crew would say about THEIR work?" He chuckled and agreed... but stated CONCISELY that this was NOT anywhere near conspiracy debunking crap. Leave the slang on the corner... that kinda thing.

I believe him. Same guy saved my life once b/c I trusted him. LOL. hard gettin' past that...

top topics

join