It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Knapp on Coast to Coast: 2/11/2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Did anyone else listen to the interview with George Knapp on Sunday evening into Monday?

I heard it, and thought it was great. His presentation of physical evidence from the Skinwalker Ranch and his description of his encounters with potential whistleblowers was very compelling. My only disappointment is that he didn't give the audience more concrete examples of whistleblowers--such as names and backgrounds.

Further, his comments at the beginning of the 4th hour about the dog-eat-dog state of ufology encapsulated what I have thought for a long time.

I am hoping that other people heard that interview and that snippet, and I am interested to hear what people thought.

[edit on 2/13/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Don't know that it matters all that much who listened to Mr Knapp's on air interview Togetic?

He's a master in reporting on this stuff, from Lazar to the end of Soviet closed era reporting. He could and probably should be the next Super CTC Host once Art decides to retire for good or The Noory decides to take his skills to the Television Airwaves.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I missed it so I will have to catch it when I have time. I like GN, and the Skinwalker Ranch Story. Even if you don't believe it, it is so bazaar its hard to imagine that someone made it up.

And Dallas, I agree. I think he will soon be a regular host on C2C.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
makes me laugh hearing him having a go at others. plenty thought that lazar story was bonkers, so they would put him in that category.

ufo/alien stuff has to be taken with a pinch of salt, we are talking about beliefs, and hardly any real evidence. of course things like governments would use these things to misguide people, but does not mean everything is made up. all misinfo has some truths, otherwise people will not believe any of it.

but like i said above, many would believed him to be a nutjob, just for reporting the things he did.

the reason he is so down on the subject is because it is so clouded, his mind cannot rationalise whats going on, better men before him have tried to find answers.

people enter alien/ufo stuff to find answers for themselves and there own meanings, it does not have to have meaning to others. i am all for people having free speech on this matter and do not like the fact that he is so condesending to others, in the field. like art said, ufoloigists are there own worst enemy.

i wonder how many times george knapp has been duped by a story just becuase it sounded rational to him, but he did not believe truth that did not fit his boundaries in some bizarre stories he was told. no one has the answers to this story, and from what i have heard of him, he is never going to find any answers, so he may as well leave the field, if he does not like it so much, but guess what he makes money out of it, so he will stay.

for him taking over arts job, i don't think so. i heard him interview bob lazar last year and it was so boring, compared to how art interviews.

man if i was nsa or something i would go to george knapp with the most bizarre stuff they have on aliens that is fact. his mind would not be able to rationalise it, so therefore he would call the nsa person a nutjob, although the nsa geezer was telling the real truth about aliens. intelligence geezers must do this all the time, and have great fun becasue people like knapp cannot tell whats real and whats not in this field. knapp would not be able to tell whats real if they showed it to him.

also one last thing, a caller askked him about nuclear powered aircraft. knapp said there is no such thing. what about stanton friedman, did he not say he worked on nuclear powered aircraft, decades ago. stanton is well respected and has been on arts show plenty of times. knapp said there was no way the americans had those planes, even though stanton said he worked on them. so is knapp calling stanton a nutjob.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Don't know about taking over art's job, george's job or ian's job. But think your mistaken about Knapps qualifications or experience andy1033.

The man's muscle in the know and delivery I feel. He'll talk circles around the circler's and still show respect to'm when it's deserved.
As for Mr Lazar.. I believe he's real, possibly bought out and Mr Knapp didn't exactly shine his shoes before, during or after Robert's coming out and forward. But Knapp did have the guided tour of Los Alamos with Mr Lazar giving the tour.

Knapp's got the integrity and please keep in mind he was TV guy doing research of high strangeness amongst other duties. If you say he spoke some things -- a wee-bit out of the field I have no reason to dis-believe it. I was not there to hear it myself.
Having said that, George Knapp is a very qualified Strangeness investigator, in my opinion. Between himself and Linda Moulton Howe, who's better.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
i never said the lazar story was false(i think he was used). i said that many believed that bob lazar story was of the chart. to many the bob lazar story is nutjob like, so him talking about other nutjobs, is like pot calling the kettle black.

george should understand that this field is not fact based, it is belief based.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Ufology? I hope the heck not, because then we're all fighting a losing battle. This must be fact-driven research, because otherwise we have no hope of ever being taken seriously.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Sorry andy1033 if I seemed a bit direct and misread your thoughts on the matter. Knapp's, in my opinion, one of the few left in the field, of high expertise. That's what I meant to say.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic

Ufology? I hope the heck not, because then we're all fighting a losing battle. This must be fact-driven research, because otherwise we have no hope of ever being taken seriously.

until we can see other dimensions it will only be belief based. the governments control all info, and trying to say anything about aliens, is very hard, without talking about other dimensions.

maybe soon we will detect other dimensions, like the news stated recently. but ufology will stay belief based until, we ever get disclosure from the government. the layman does not have access to technology that can access other dimensions, and such. so evidence will always be a step to far for the layman.

Dallas - i was just pointing out, that most people think anything to do with aliens is of the chart, and the bob lazar story was just the same as other stories, we have to just take there word for it, without any real evidence. if george knapp had real evidence everyone would believe lazar, but he does not, it is a belief based theory like all ufology.
lazars story is just as weird as many other stories, and the government knows this. the public would not know the truth if it was right in front of them, and you can gurantee that knapp would not know.

[edit on 2/14/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

until we can see other dimensions it will only be belief based. the governments control all info, and trying to say anything about aliens, is very hard, without talking about other dimensions.

maybe soon we will detect other dimensions, like the news stated recently. but ufology will stay belief based until, we ever get disclosure from the government. the layman does not have access to technology that can access other dimensions, and such. so evidence will always be a step to far for the layman.

I understand your feelings, but I don't think that is a constructive attitude. Why should we be waiting to find out anything? What if there isn't a multi-verse and we are stuck to considering this one? Then we would have wasted a lot of time waiting for scientists to get around to it. I think it hurts the field more to sit on one's haunches than to continue forward with the large amount that we do know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trimmed triple nested quote

[edit on 14/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hear yah andy1033. The Sky's no longer the limit

edit: bad grammar

[edit on 14-2-2007 by Dallas]

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Togetic - the problem is that everything in this field is belief based. we are all guessing that aliens can travel large distances of space by traveling through other dimensions etc... we probably are correct in this, but how does the layman prove this, only the government can work on these things and we are at the mercy of the goverment.

although i do think the fact that we have access to more lenses on cameras these days, is a start. like seeing in infra red, etc... when things were spotted in mexico in infra red and was on the news.

i am not being negative but, i just want to point this stuff out. knapp cannot call anyone else a nutjob on these things because all these subjects are out there. he talks about a weird house, he talks about conspiracy to erode bob lazars history of education and work. these are far out things, that are no different to others speaking out.

this whole field is just all belief based, so he cannot talk about anyone, this is just a fact.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Togetic - the problem is that everything in this field is belief based. we are all guessing that aliens can travel large distances of space by traveling through other dimensions etc... we probably are correct in this, but how does the layman prove this, only the government can work on these things and we are at the mercy of the goverment.

Then perhaps we should work to the end of encouraging the government to study the field? That is certainly within our power to make happen. Maybe not tomorrow, but certainly with the foreseeable future.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
$6.95 to listen from the UK??

Anyone know how to access this station from the UK??

Also, whats the time difference for live shows?? -8 West coast or -5 east coast??

Cheers,

Troy.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I have been listening to the Art bell show for years......
The guys too egotistical to interview anybody without spouting a buch of his own BS .
Art pontificates so often during his interviews with those who actually have credentials he wastes most of the time ...
The idea of interviewing others is to hear their slant not provide a platform for Art the ignoramus to blurt out his twisted arrogant crap.
Or maybe not.......
I find listening to the show annoying most of the nights, but keep trying to glean as much from his guests as possible between Arts rants and totally high school sci fi theories.
The fact that it is the only choice is the one reason i keep paying attention.
George Noorey is almost as bad, and neither one seems to be able to ask a simple set of direct and succinct questions which allow the audience to become informed.
The suspicion has often crossed my mind that they are more DIS INFO agents than on OUR side of the fence.
Both have spent entirely too much time ego gratifying themselves without
allowing the guests to get their full message through to the audience.
The pair are extremely artificial personalities,(no pun intended).
A real and scincere show of simlar subject matter would blow them off the airwaves...
We need a different venue to deal with the disclosier situation and provide
UNBIASED and UNTAINTED information.
Art and George have their own agendas and they are not really concerned with truth so much as ratings....
It takes a whole show sometimes to pick up a shred of onformation that is worth considering or following up.
In truth Art Bell and George Noorey SUCK BIG TIME, they are just all we have at the moment in terms of subjects and airtime.
I just wish theyd shut up and listen more to who they bring on,after asking
PERTINENT QUESTIONS!

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
In some respects I am of the same opinion. The more I listen, the more I don't like Art Bell too much. He does focus on hype and doesn't ask too many pointed questions.

However, I am a fan of George Noory, I think he's carried the torch for Coast better than Bell did. As I recall, the show's listener base has exploded under Noory's tenure. I don't agree with much of what he says, but I think he does a better interview.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I have come to know George through his interactions here and hundreds of personal emails, etc... I can say without hesitation his is one of the funniest minds I have had the pleasure of getting to know over the years.

He is also a VERY intelligent, no BRILLIANT man who suffers no fools.

There was an email exchange back in January (last month) wherein a huxster was trying to pull one over on several people. This huxster's publicist or producer (I think they were making a DVD or some such) I don't remember which, thought she was "putting George in his place".

OMG!!! George's retort was some of the flat out funniest "situational" writing I had ever read! It was not only hillarious it was elegant, it was SUPER deflating (this persons ego was WAY too big for her actual position) and spot on!.

George Knapp is one of the GREATS and we should all aspire to his level.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wow.. thanks for that Springer. I'll probably never have that insight on Mr Knapp. But I have read books and materials and watched/listened to his thoughts on TV Documentaries. He's a brilliant Man in my opinion. Tells it like it is without color.

Dallas

new topics

top topics

join