It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Fishermen catch "Alien" and eat it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ignorant? It wasn't ignorant. It was the story I was told, as it was told to me by a Muslim who thought it was just as silly as I did. And can you explain to me how I was demeaning an entire religion?
I told a story and then commented on it, which is what we do on ATS. The story WAS about a girl who disrespected the Koran and turned into that, and it DID turn out to be just an ugly fish (technically an ugly fish that was turned onto its back).
There's nothing demeaning in there.

And the 2nd joke didn't go over my head, I guess I'm just too mature to rise to things like that.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calm Anomaly
Does anyone else feel [...] slightly dumber after visiting this thread?
Glad you appreciated it :-)

No kidding, folks, this was Europe's best-selling daily newspaper "Bild". You might have heard about them. Of course, the "Bild" is not exactly well-known for investigative journalism or unbiased reporting. It seemed clear to me that it's not an alien, so I started this thread in the Cryptozoology forum because it COULD have been an unknown species. Now that we know it's a guitar/devil fish or something inbetween (guitar+devil = a Heavy Metal fish perhaps?) - good :-)

bildblog.de have debunked that story as well, giving the same background explanation as Kacen (thank you Kacen). Ignorance denied, mission accomplished, life goes on :-)

And now I'll go to youtube and refer the viewers to this thread so the nerds don't start a mass panic over a dead fish.

Next time you go to a fish restaurant, you know what to order... I heard these are delicious :-)

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I wasn't directing those comments at the threads author. It was just becoming blatenly obvious where this thread was headed, and I thought it could use a healthly dose of reality.
Ignorance Denied
. I agree with your point, too many nerds spend way too much time on ATS, fretting over things that really don't matter (You can tell by their points) It's really sad.

[edit on 2/19/07 by Calm Anomaly]

[edit on 2/19/07 by Calm Anomaly]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
that must have been an interesting dinner

Honey where on earth did you catch this?

Uhh umm well Chernobyl yeah Chernobyl the radiation makes the fish extra tender

top topics

<< 1   >>

join