It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars - your views please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Cydonia, glass tube like structures, D & M Pyramid????? square foundation type shapes (non natural formations)do you think that life existed / does exist on the dusty red planet? Interested to hear someone elses views because most of the people I know are not into these types of subjects.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Mars ain't no kind of place to raise your kids.
In fact, it's cold as hell.......

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
unless your preference lies in very strange cold looking kids with a variety of mutations....

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by fortean
Mars ain't no kind of place to raise your kids.
In fact, it's cold as hell.......

Elton!

Well, I think there is a possability there was a past civilization on MARS. I have seen about every photo showing "evidence" and feel some warrant further investigations (some are really stretching it a bit) maybe one day (while I'm still alive ) we will actuallt send people to investigate. And send them to cydonia, where I wish the newest probes were going.

I'm interested in reading more views and info, photos, info on this subject from my fellow ATSers.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
They live quite comfortably underground I hear. Home is where the comforts are!

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Actually I would feel pretty safe living underground on a planet with no crazy psycho terrorists armed with nukes, I think I'd feel at ease, unless I lived next to THENEO.
j/k

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by GlobalMind]

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
No one has been to mars here. We can say it must be cold in fact it should be cold but who knows maybe it's a paradise where there is a 700 women for every one man. It could be a race of blonde hair blue eyed women with large breast. You think if those geeky scientists found this on Mars they would tell us? Hell no they wouldn�t they would try to do everything in their power to get there and they are.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I wanna go to Mars for my vacation.lol.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I think it's feasible that life DID exist on Mars, maybe it still does under the surface as THENEO suggests. Until someone who does not work for the government sends a probe that can send back accurate data, photos, and whatever else, we most likely won't know though.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
IMO, alien life resides on Mars. Intelligent life. I don't think it originated from there, but its there now. I have a lot of faith in the belief that the small moons of Mars are hollowed out alien bases after what happened to the Phobos II Russian probe and all the scientific curiosity surrounding the moons.

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
after what happened to the Phobos II Russian probe and all the scientific curiosity surrounding the moons.

What happened?

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
bryn, check your u2us and cease posting in the wrong forums.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
IMO, alien life resides on Mars. Intelligent life. I don't think it originated from there, but its there now. I have a lot of faith in the belief that the small moons of Mars are hollowed out alien bases after what happened to the Phobos II Russian probe and all the scientific curiosity surrounding the moons.

Riiiiiiiight.......no offense, I dont believe that, but I leave each to his own.
I think its possible primitive life (bacteria) existed on Mars, and maybe still does. However dont feel there is now, or ever was an advanced alien civilization.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaoszero
I think it's feasible that life DID exist on Mars, maybe it still does under the surface as THENEO suggests. Until someone who does not work for the government sends a probe that can send back accurate data, photos, and whatever else, we most likely won't know though.

LOL! Good luck! The only groups with the funding, and more importantly, the expertise to do anything like this, are government(s) supported....ESA and NASA.

The NASA rovers alone cost over $400,000,000 each! And took years and years of the top scientific minds in the world to develop and plan.
This ain't exactly something joe blow can do in his spare time.

And I agree with the above poster. Mars may have once had water on it and supported microbial life, but aside from a few weird shaped rocks that you can interpret anyway you want, there is nothing that suggests intelligent life once lived there. It would be cool to think of, but the evidence doesn't suggest it.

P.S. Most astronomers and scientists involved in this field are NOT associated with NASA, guys. Most are supported by private or public University's or independent research groups, and practically all have arrived at the same conclusion about the Martian atmosphere and history.

So unless NASA went and payed ALL of them off and threatened thousands of astronomers from every country, I think it's safe to assume that the experts in this field have a pretty unanimous feeling towards alien life on Mars.

Could there have been life or could microbial life still exist? It may be possible. But to think there are underground cities or once was a thriving civilization is science fiction. There is nothing to support that and you choose to believe it because it's "cooler" than Mars just being a barren rock.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
What happened?

Summary of the event

Large image of the newspaper article.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I think there was once life on Mars (and likely still is, but only in fairly primitive states, though maybe a few more advanced subterrainean creatures.) However, I don't think it got to the point of intelligent life. I think that whatever cataclysm occurred, it did so before the onset of sentient species....

top topics

join