It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Living Weapon - A Real (admitted & provable) Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Forgive me if this info has been posted before but I felt it would be of great interest to the ATS community as it was of major interest to myself. I watch a program on PBS called "The Living Weapon" and it was all about the U.S government's secret developing of biological weapons from WWII onward. The documentary was exceedingly well done and managed to both scare and shock the hell out of me (and shocking a NYer is a feat unto itself lol).

To briefly sum it up the program began with the use of chemical and biological warfare in WWI and continued through WWII detailing biological weapons development from mostly U.S and Japanese scientists. Oddly enough, Hitler all but banned the development of such weapons as he had been injured by them in WWI and felt they were inhuman and not honorable, go figure.

The scariest parts of the documentary dealt with the secret testing governments had done during WWII. The most atrocious was the Japanese testing on Chinese peasants. The Japanese would simply drive into a town and abduct whoever they pleased, they'd then infect them with all manner of vicious bioweapons and rare diseases to monitor the effect on a human subject. I believe it said they had even infected a whole Chinese village with the plague (but don't quote me on that one).

The conspiracies just kept rolling out in this documentary, but one I had never heard of was the way the U.S dealt with the war crimes trials of the Japanese scientists involved in the biological testing. Since the U.S couldn't condone testing on living humans they wanted the Japanese records from the tests during the war. In order to get them they had to grant all the Japanese scientists amnesty from war crimes and pretty much set them all free. These tests, in many way, rivaled any testing the Nazis had done.

Anyway, there was enough info in that documentary to write an entire book on so I won't try to cover everything. What should be of particular interest to most of us here on ATS is the covert testing the U.S. government had done on unknowing U.S citizens. They started with the Pentagon, spraying "harmless" bacteria into vent systems:

In August 1949, the Special Operations Division operatives infiltrated the world's largest office building and sprayed bacteria into the Pentagon's air handling system, which then spread them throughout the structure.

The operatives moved to larger scale testing, releasing clouds containing supposedly harmless bacteria from Navy ships off Norfolk, Virginia, in April 1950, and the San Francisco coast in September 1950. The San Francisco experiments showed exposure among almost all of the city's 800,000 residents. Had the bacteria released been anthrax bacteria or some other virulent pathogen, the number of casualties would have been immense.

Scary huh? When I first heard all of this I didn't know what to think, I was literally mind boggled. This is, to the T, a conspiracy like we talk about here. The same type of theory that have skeptics calling us whackos and trying to point out flaws like "Do you know how many people would have to be involved??"

The answer is, not a lot. The documentary stated that during the Pentagon tests and similar tests, only about 4 or 5 people actually had any idea what was going on, everyone else was just a guinea pig. It gets worse though, they moved on to large scale testing to assess the U.S's vulnerability to such an attack, releasing "harmless" bacteria on entire cities:

In response to an Air Force request, in 1953 the Chemical Corps created the St Jo Program and operatives staged mock anthrax attacks on St. Louis, Minneapolis, and Winnipeg. The bacteria were released from generators placed on top of cars, and local governments were told that "invisible smokescreen[s]" were being deployed to mask the city on enemy radar. The next stage was to increase dispersal patterns, dispensing particles from airplanes to find out how wide of an area they would affect. The first Large Area Concept experiment, in 1957, involved dispersing microorganisms over a swath from South Dakota to Minnesota; monitoring revealed that some of the particles eventually traveled some 1200 miles away. Further tests covered areas from Ohio to Texas and Michigan to Kansas. In the Army's words, these experiments "proved the feasibility of covering large areas of the country with [biological weapons] agents."

So what do we have here? Chemtrails (gasp), real live chemtrails (and I don't even buy into that theory!). We also have the government lying to local officials and feeding them a cover story. We have hundreds of thousands of innocent, unwitting U.S citizens being effected by these tests. Starting to feel a little less safe aren't you? Don't get too scared yet, there's more:

Open-air testing continued through the 1960s, with the Special Operations Division operatives simulating even more audacious assaults. In 1965 they spread bacteria throughout Washington's National Airport; a year later, agents dropped light bulbs filled with organisms onto the tracks in New York's subway system. "I think it spread pretty good," participant Wally Pannier later said, "because you had a natural aerosol developed every few minutes from every train that went past."

Gee, doesn't that sound exactly like the "terrorist's plans" Homeland Security is always "protecting" us against? All this was long before "terrorists" and "bioweapons" and "sleeper cells", it was a time when the average American Citizen was ignorantly loyal to their government. It was a time when we still believed the government had our best interests at heart, that we were the moral protectors of the free world. It was a time when the government secretly dumped bacteria all over us in secret covert tests.

I'll wrap this up by saying that YOU MUST WATCH THIS MOVIE whether you're a conspiracy researcher, a skeptic, or on the fence, this will deffinitly give you a different view of the world than you previously had. The documentary has much much more information than I covered here. It details test after test, cover up after cover up, secret bases, secret burials in air tight steel coffins, the works. Almost everything covered by this documentary is an admitted, declassified, REAL, provable conspiracy. If you're one of the skeptics, maybe you're new to ATS, you need to see this movie.

Edit: spelling & punctuation

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Shadowflux]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
(I ran out of room lol)

I don't believe they will be showing the documentary on PBS again but you will (apparently, according to their site) be able to watch the show on the PBS website starting Feb 19th, which is only a few days away. The website itself contains a lot of information and that is where I got the external quotes from.

The website is located here: The Living Weapon

It may be available of Google Video, YouTube, or any site like that but I haven't checked. The name of the movie is "The Living Weapon" so you can check for yourself and if you find it please post the link here.

If you'd like to do further research while you wait for the movie to become available you can Google words like:

Camp Detrick
Operation Whitecoat
Paul Fildes (1882-1971)
Ira Baldwin (1895-1999)
Shiro Ishii (1892-1959)

Also, if anyone else has any information please feel free to post it here, I started this thread because I'd like to have a discussion about this documentary and the information it presented as I feel it represents an invaluable oppurtunity to enlighten some of the sleeping masses who still believe there is no foundation behind our conspiracy theories.

I know this was a long post so if you've gotten this far then thanks for reading it all!!

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I've read about the Japenese testing before, here.

I'll take a look at that video tomorrow, I'm intrigued as to how the battleship delivered the pathogen over SanFran.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Be sure to see the video.

Most of the original human testing the U.S had done was on Seventh Day Adventist volunteers. As objectors to the war they didn't fight but volunteered to have testing done on themselves to "help research vaccines", or so they were told. The story of how passively they accepted the testing sent chills down my spine.

Makes you wonder why the Davidians didn't trust the government.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Double Post

Sorry

Network problems

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Has anyone ever thought that this is what they are doing with the chemtrail spraying? Replying like this might be in the wrong forum, but I have read that the constant spraying in the sky is to release some sort of bacteria/pathogen into the atmosphere to turn us all into guinea pigs. Then again I have heard that the trails are to alter the weather as well. I guess it is whatever you make it.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux

The scariest parts of the documentary dealt with the secret testing governments had done during WWII. The most atrocious was the Japanese testing on Chinese peasants. The Japanese would simply drive into a town and abduct whoever they pleased, they'd then infect them with all manner of vicious bioweapons and rare diseases to monitor the effect on a human subject. I believe it said they had even infected a whole Chinese village with the plague (but don't quote me on that one).

The conspiracies just kept rolling out in this documentary, but one I had never heard of was the way the U.S dealt with the war crimes trials of the Japanese scientists involved in the biological testing. Since the U.S couldn't condone testing on living humans they wanted the Japanese records from the tests during the war. In order to get them they had to grant all the Japanese scientists amnesty from war crimes and pretty much set them all free. These tests, in many way, rivaled any testing the Nazis had done.

And FYI - WWII was bankrolled by the Bank of International Settlements, who financed the Japanese, Americans, Brits and Germans...

Maybe the war was just an excuse for Big Pharma to conduct human experiments - and a way to get subjects...

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Good post Shadowflux, The further we supposedly slip into an Orwellian society the more dirt keeps coming forth....Strange!...Apparently the truth will set us free. The viewpoint from the 'big club' toward the general population is 'they are and always have been expendible'. I guess being thought of as sheep for so long has taken it's indentifiable toll.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What you are talking about is an exact copy of an x-files episode.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I still can't believe that one of the "wackier" conspiracy theories (chemtrails) turns out to have historical validity.

Sounds more like X-Files was sneaking a little truth into our Sci-Fi again.

We always will be expendable, do you really expect someone who doesn't even know you or your family exists will care about what happens to you? Why do you think castles had walls?

Sofi: If you can make money off of it, people will be making money off of it.

Anyways, you should be able to watch the docu on the PBS site now, so go and watch the freakin movie!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The government operates conspiratorially... I'm sure it was in our best interests

new topics

top topics

join