It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D paintbrush...Crazy stuff

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
im doing a digital arts degree and i see this kind of thing all the boring time. the brush has absolutely no bearing on anything. in the brush is a web cam, they have a button to capture whatever they point the brush at and another button to tell the computer to apply paint "paint".
someone at my uni is doing a similar thing with "digital graffiti". its just a web cam mounted behind a projector screen and when you shine an LED on the screen, the web cam picks it up and the computer draws a dot where the LED is. its pretty cool.
so to sum up, its all current technology, its been done to death, there is no practical use for it and there is absolutely nothing 3D about it! i have no idea where they got the 3D idea from!

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Wow.... I want my walls to do that.

reminds me of picture tube feature.

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Lysergic]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Wow.... I want my walls to do that.

reminds me of picture tube feature.

You and everyone else will be able to do far more than this in the future.

New technology allows for ultra thin flexible display technology NOW...

What we will see happening in the near future is these displays finding themselves into our every day tech such as mobile phone type tech...

Italian handheld to feature flexible display

Sony the beautiful tech company is working on a PC tablet which uses deformation of the screen itself as a kind of control mechanic.

Gummi: User Interface for Deformable Computers

Then we will see the screen resolution and colour increase...

Then my prediction is that this tech will find its way into a kind of DIGITAL WALL PAPER...

Image sitting in your living area or bedroom and being able to control the screen saver that is actually your wall paper....

Turning your whole wall into a single or series of screens....

The applications are endless...

What about embedding high quality cameras into the walls and ceilings...

Communications.... True video conferencing.... Virtual board meetings anyone???

You could literally walk around the house and the display follows you...

Or perhaps the display could change images by detecting the amount and type of movement that is happening in the room???

Games.... Well.... This speaks for itself... but the games.... Virtual RPG's and sports games anyone?

What about being able to display up to 1024 different screens of 52" wide around the house at the same time, each driven by its own independent content??

The future is very bright!!

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Ok, I stand corrected. I didn't realize MIT was behind this. It just seemed waaaaay too improbable.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Ok, I stand corrected. I didn't realize MIT was behind this. It just seemed waaaaay too improbable.

it did to me too, thats why i had to check it out. But then, when i saw people on here saying...its nothing really.....lol
Someone mentioned Eyetoy....which is another amazing piece of technology.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join