It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible Native American beast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
the story im about to tell happened to me when i was 12 or 13 and i am now 22. My best friend was with me at the time and witnessed the exact same thing as me. which comforts me greatly.

i live in chicago and and me and my best friend went to local day camp at the time. As part of our daily agenda we would go on trips to various places. one day we went to a park called indian n boundry.(ironic huh ?) this is a park with a big play area and is somewhat surrounded by a forest preserve. So me and my friend are playing with everybody else and we get thirsty. the water fountain is a good distance from the play area. we run over to the fountain. the fountain area is clear of trees and somewhat secluded due to a hill u walk up and down to get to it. theres a good half block in between the fountain and a fence.at this fence ends the park and the forest begins. So me and my friend are getting our water, when we hear children playin in the forest. this sound was definetly coming from the forest and NOT where we just were. at this point the children were very playful, most of all we heard a couple different girl voices. we heard these children for a awhile. then at the fence(on the forest side) we saw a tall maybe 6 to 8ft creature. the only thing comparable in looks i guess would be an abomnidable snowman. but the head was wolf like with a shorter mouth. the mouth was big though because we could see it and its teeth. the creature was covered with hair, very thick hair. the hair apeared animal in nature. it was grey and white allover with no real pattern to it. while the creature is their we still hear the children playing. the creature then makes a right angle with his right hand and proceeds to wave at me and my friend. he waves just by waving his forearm. very odd. this goes on for maybe thirty seconds or so, and then we hear a very loud blood curdling scream come from the girl voice weve been hearing. this scream was very very scary. at this point we no longer heard the other children either. At this point we were scarred to death and ran over to everyone else.

Funny thing about it was we never saw the creature walk up he sorta just appeared. once he did he never moved except his hand. Another funny thing was neither me or my friend told anyone else. we didnt even talk about it again for 5 or 6 years. it was as as soon as we ran off i never happened. truly out of sight out mind. but we both cleary remember the same thing. i later heard somethings that i cannot confirm, that leads me to believe this is a native american spirit who stalks and kills children. i will explain this part of the story later. it also is somewhat interesting.

Has anyone heard of anything like this before ? I know we have to have some Native American ats members could you possible clue me in ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fixed title spelling

[edit on 10/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I grew up on a reservation and must say, I never witnessed such.

I did see a HUGE 'furry man' when I was 6 when I went out to gather the eggs one morning. He ran away and I remember not being afraid. He wouldnt look at me and seemed far more afraid than I.

My homeland is in the mountains of NC. Cherokee.

Edit: To say: We stopped eating kids in the late '60's.

Thats a bit far out thing to say man. Really. As a native american, I ask you to research crime rates among us. We are pretty laid back. No serial killers. Pretty humble, loving people.

Demographically speaking, only one percent (1%) of ALL inmates are native american.

So much so in fact, I cant find it in me to be offended by such a ludicrous statement.

However, watch your back and kids because I havent had breakfast.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by Little One]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
i never siad nothing about a native american HUMAN eating kids. ur a little sensitive huh ?

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Little One

So much so in fact, I cant find it in me to be offended by such a ludicrous statement.

Sensitive? No

Sarcastic with rhetoric? Absolutely !

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I think Sweetnes34 is talking about "Skinwalkers".

Before I go on and one, do a quick search Sweetness. See if I'm right.

The term "Skinwalker" has been associated with different forms, but your description is one of them.

If I remember right, it is an entity or type of shaman, usually on the dark side, that has an ability to do a certain amount of shape-shifting.

Check it out.

No disrespect, Little One.

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Ohhhh that...

The Skin-walker is the creature of Navajo legend.

en.wikipedia.org...

Among native americans, there are many... many stories and legends. We are known for it. Its how we past the time and made the youngens wise.

Through these legends, we are both entertained and bits of 'real' history are past down with them in the process. But mostly, its for entertainment.

Until I see an image of the things listed in native american legends, even I dont buy it.

Edit to say: Think Santa to a white child as opposed to this with a native child. Same Principle.

A legend is a narrative of human actions that are perceived both by the teller and listeners to take place within human history and to possess certain qualities that give the tale verisimilitude.

The term verisimilitude denotes the extent to a work of fiction exhibits realism or authenticity, or otherwise conforms to our sense of reality.

Fiction ("to form, create") is storytelling of and stands in contrast to non-fiction. A work with a high degree of verisimilitude means that the work is very realistic and believable; works of this nature are often said to be "true to life".imagined events

[edit on 11-2-2007 by Little One]

top topics

join