It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack On Iran Time-line

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
In recent months there has been an escalation of rhetoric that would end in an altercation between Iran and the United States. The time-line of this attack has been widely debated and many feel that such an attack would happen this Spring. However, attacks may actually be set for next year, right before George W. Bush leaves office.

www.guardian.co.uk
US preparations for an air strike against Iran are at an advanced stage, in spite of repeated public denials by the Bush administration, according to informed sources in Washington.

The present military build-up in the Gulf would allow the US to mount an attack by the spring. But the sources said that if there was an attack, it was more likely next year, just before Mr Bush leaves office.

But Vincent Cannistraro, a Washington-based intelligence analyst, shared the sources' assessment that Pentagon planning was well under way. "Planning is going on, in spite of public disavowals by Gates. Targets have been selected. For a bombing campaign against nuclear sites, it is quite advanced. The military assets to carry this out are being put in place."

He added: "We are planning for war. It is incredibly dangerous."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Could this president be "cutting and running" on this attack in Iran? I've heard many political pundits say that Bush would start and finish this war before a new President took over. This article says that he may push it back to next year. But why?

Regardless of what you think about this new conquest, you have to admit that lately Bush and Co. have failed to make a serious case for war yet possibly indicating that the war may be a year away. Then Bush won't have to deal with the consequences before he leaves. Iran would be a tougher target than Iraq's previously war depleted forces also.

So Bush's parting gift to the American people is yet another war he won't finish. I can't say that everything George W. has done is bad, but this won't be a very nice end to his presidency for Americans. Perhaps he's waiting to drum up a war so that the GOP can win another run at the White House. Traditionally, Republicans fare better in war time, but since Iraq the Republican numbers have been falling.

So there it is. It seems the strategic planning is to not only pass the buck, but also try to influence voters for the 2008 presidential race. It seems so very wrong that our government would actually consider these factors when going to war. Shouldn't they have our soldier's safety in mind? Shouldn't they wait until it is absolutely necessary to do this? This further proves that war is somewhat about business.

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.globalsecurity.org
www.rawstory.com
www.nysun.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Is The War With Iran Now Starting?
Iran War
Impending attack on Iran
US fears defeat in Iran war

[edit on 10-2-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'd be very, very surprised it the attack happens that late on, to be honest. This spring is a much more likely time frame. This report is probably just disinformation to keep Iran guessing.

I also think there will need to be some event to trigger this off - probably an attack on US troops in Iraq which will be blamed on the Iranians. It's a sad reality, but the news of (let's say) 100 US troops killed by an Iranian made bomb by insurgents linked to Al-Qaeda will have the average American demanding Iranian blood - and Bush the excuse he needs to flatten another country.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I cannot see them leaving those carriers in the gulf for that amount of time.
I also cannot see Israel sitting on its hands, while Iran continue down the enrichment path.
The USA will not sit by for another year while more Americans die, as Iraq slips further, and further into the abyss

If things ARE indeed on the cards... it'll be before the end of the year.

join