It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exxon no Longer Doubts Warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well, finally Exxon is admitting that something need to be done about Greenhouse gases, It certainly took them long enough.

www.chron.com
Exxon Mobil has no more doubts on warming

Exxon Mobil has no more doubts on warming
Pond of oil in ground has anger bubbling Big Oil behemoth Exxon Mobil Corp. has dropped any pretense of questioning whether global warming is real. Now the company is seeking to position itself as an active player in efforts to lower greenhouse gases.

"The appropriate debate isn't on whether climate is changing, but rather should be on what we should be doing about it," Kenneth Cohen, Exxon's vice president of public affairs, told reporters on a conference call Thursday.

The call came less than a week after an international panel of hundreds of scientists said new research showed global warming was "unequivocal" and that human activity was primarily responsible for the most significant factor in temperature change — greenhouse gases.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think this may signal a very significant change in path. Hopefully, Exxon will earnestly make an effort to change things. However, until I see some significant results, I am not holding my breath.

[edit on 9-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 9/2/2007 by Mirthful Me]

Mod Edit: CAPS

[edit on 2/9/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, finally Exxon is admitting that something need to be done about Greenhouse gases, It certainly took them long enough.

Big oil and industry are all for the global communism that will be given as a solution to global warming. They put up a token fight in the first place.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Awake, how is global communism a solution to global warming?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Hopefully, Exxon will earnestly make an effort to change things.

I hope they will also but I think we as a society need to be the one's that demand and initiate the changes.

Big oil will only due what the market demands.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr

Big oil will only due what the market demands.

Unfortunately that is so. Like I stated in my original post,I am not going to hold my breath for Exxon to do anything. If it's anything that they are not going to be able to make 200 million dollars a day off of, forget it. Exxon won't even touch it.

It's really too bad that our society has put more emphasis on material wealth than the future, health, survival, et cetera. It's sad indeed.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Um this is not what the article is saying, Exxon is saying that of course Global Climate change is happening but what should we be doing about it? I bet Exxon still argues like many others that Global Climate change is not due to humans.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

It's really too bad that our society has put more emphasis on material wealth than the future, health, survival, et cetera. It's sad indeed.

Yes it is sad indeed.

Having grown up in Texas and now living in the land of entitlement ( south Florida) I see materialism to the extreme.

P.S.
When I go back to Texas to see family and friends materialism is just as prevalent there and Im sure its that way all over the US.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreiMaurer
I bet Exxon still argues like many others that Global Climate change is not due to humans.

You are probably right... I don't suspect Exxon is going to do anything in the way of changing its behavior. If it does, it'll shock the hell out of me.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr

P.S.
When I go back to Texas to see family and friends materialism is just as prevalent there and Im sure its that way all over the US.

Well, yeah. I used to live close to Pasadena, Texas and its amazing of the number of chemical and petroleum plants the area has.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

"The appropriate debate isn't on whether climate is changing,

Exxon is not stating that this is due to 'humans'.

It is scientific fact the the planet Earth has gone through numerous climate changes within it's life time.

Also how come the southern atmosphere is having lower than normal temperatures?

Why has the temperature risen on Mars?

The sun is currently burning hotter that it has before. That effects everything in the Solar system.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Also how come the southern atmosphere is having lower than normal temperatures?

Why has the temperature risen on Mars?

The sun is currently burning hotter that it has before. That effects everything in the Solar system.

Well, ferretman, there does seem to be a higher vibration rate throughout this sector of the universe. Now, exactly what all of this is caused from I don't know. I suspect in due time we will find out... However, I do tend to think that the idea that humans have absolutely no impact on the environment is naive to the point of our own detriment.

new topics

top topics

join