It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

States Ban Driving Distractions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I can agree with the Cellphone law ( talking on your phone while driving has been against the law here in Oz for quite some time now)
Not sure about the rest of the laws though.
Personally I don't eat while driving, not because I can't mainly because I like to sit down and enjoy my food.
As far as smoking and drinking in the car, I think thats a little rediculous.
If you can't concentrate on the road and sip a coke or have a cigarette you probably shouldn't be driving in the first place.

I guess like someone else said, common sense is in pretty short supply, once when I was in a semi trailer I actually saw someone reading a recipe book while driving. They had it opened up sitting right in the middle of the steering wheel.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It has been my opinion for some time now that the majority of people shouldn't be given a license to operate a pair of sneakers, much less an automobile.

What was that line from the movie Repoman? ... "Driving makes you stupid." so true so true.

apc

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I am still trying to figure out if snow makes people dumber or if it just amplifies their existing dumbness. If only people wouldn't drive while dumb. There should be a law against that!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Down here they see somebody with a bad case of dandruff and they think its a snow storm and run off to Kroger to stock up on bread and milk as if they are going to be snowed in for weeks. i tell my friends in Maine about it and they think I am kidding.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I do find it irritating when someone is on a cell phone in the fast lane to 55. I am not to the point where I want my rights taken away because of it. I just go around them and lock up my breaks a bit. It seems to jolt them back to reality. Come one man… This is just another excuse to fleece us out of cash.

Personally I talk on my phone, smoke, eat and shave at the same time. I own a huge gas guzzler that gets one mile to the gallon with all cow leather interior and big baby Seal eyes for head lights.

That should really piss off just about every liberal that is on this board!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexed
I own a huge gas guzzler that gets one mile to the gallon with all cow leather interior and big baby Seal eyes for head lights.

That should really piss off just about every liberal that is on this board!

What?!? OMG what the heck does that have to do with being conservative about anything? Seems to make a statement like that, one would have to be a brainwashed Kool-aid drinker!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

LOL, funny stuff P. You must live in my area!

You must be the guy that was shaving the other day that almost ran me off the road!

[edit on 19-2-2007 by conspiracy_101]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy_101

LOL, funny stuff P. You must live in my area!

You must be the guy that was shaving the other day that almost ran me off the road!

[edit on 19-2-2007 by conspiracy_101]

Yes I probably was but you were probably talking on the cell phone going too slow (by my standards) in the fast lane..!
See ya on the road tomorrow!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
what do you expect apc? We have a president who governs while dumb.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join