It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am at a crossroads, with many problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I have been going out with my girlfriend for a long time now. We haven't had an arguement in almost four months, (our entire relationship's span) ,I was actually thinking of proposing, and I was wondering something. I was thinking of proposing to her on our one year anniversary, it just seems right to do it at that time. But I was also thinking of proposing to her in the summer. The reason is that I am only 16, and I cannot get married until I am 18. My birthday is in the summer. If I did it then, then we would have an entire year to plan out the wedding at least. So, which would probably be a better time?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
In my opinion, you are really too young to be thinking about marriage.

I know that you will think that I do not know what I am talking about, but I was once young and full of big ideas too.

Enjoy life!

Maybe in another five or six years, then start thinking about marriage, the future, etc., etc.

but for now, enjoy your youth!

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Okay so you think you love this young lady, and want to marry her. I’m not belittling your feelings; it all feel like love at your age. You will feel that over, and over again.
I got married when I was 18, had my first child at 19, the second child at 22. I wouldn’t take it back because I love those kids of mine, but I do sometimes wish I had waited…gone and done some traveling, and other various things.

Sometimes people get married, because they are in a situation that they desperately want to escape, i.e. bossy parents, alcoholic parents, abusive…and many other things too. I hope that isn’t your situation, I have to agree with mechanic….enjoy your youth, you are only young once. You will have many puppy loves, they are real experiences, but they often fade…and someone else will pop into your life.

My Son is 16; I think I would have a stroke. Now I expect marriage in the near future for my daughter, she’s almost 20, and starting to desire such things…I still think she should wait a little but, but if the right guy comes along, more power to her. Right now, she has too many choices and plenty of looking suitors, and she’s keeping all her doors open. That’s a smart move

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arkham
I have been going out with my girlfriend for a long time now.

Pardon me but, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!. "Long time" is extremely relative, isn't it? Dude, 4 months isn't a long time to measure a relationship. I use furnace filters longer than that.

So, which would probably be a better time?

When you're 30. Maybe.

I know, young love and all. But please believe me the last thing you should be considering at your age is marriage. You have time to run away and join the circus, get a couple of degrees, then do a stint in the Foreign Legion before you start thinking marriage.

I share because I care. Trust me.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You will think us later. Don't get married until your at least 21 man. Wait, and don't get married just because it feels like the right time. Wait until you know its the right time

PS 4 months seems like a long time when your 16, it really isn't.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
4 months? That's extremely sad. One of my friends, who's 13 years old is in a relationship that's been strong and steady for 8 months.

My parents dated for nearly 2 years before there was a proposal.

Don't be so hasty. Give it time. Enjoy your childhood. You're only 16! Wait at least 5 more years before even thinking about proposing to a girl. :shk:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Life isn't a Disney movie bro.. If your serious about this, sure why not, go for it.. Don't let anyone hold you back. But... I do agree with the good people of ATS. You do have many years ahead of you.. Do you really want to get married, have kids, have a nervous breakdown, and obtain like 3 jobs all before 21? Something to think about man. But if you feel this is the time, and this is the one.. Go for it man.

top topics

join