It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call for all you, war experts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hi, I was young or not even born when all those war occured, and I would like to know more about those, as much as I can.

I would ask anyone who's interested in this topic to create a topic about those wars and weapons... or give some really good books names about them.

Thanks, it would be great to do that about the six days war and others like the Korean war, Yom Kippur war, Iran-Iraq war, wars we don't talk much about... Any books suggestions, or threads we could make about those?

[edit on 8-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Just to encourage you
: any books you find will just mislead you. The truth is carefully hidden. I think that it would take you probably about five years of solid research per war to come even close to the valid historical truth.

So, have fun!

[edit on 8-2-2007 by swimmer]

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Which wars are you refering to swimmer? I can argue every major western war has been fought over a handful of ideas and one important underlining truth. If you really want the low down just u2u me and maybe we can work it down to one book.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Not that I am a war expert or anything of the sort. I had an older brother who used to play the war games with the hexagons and little cardboard chits. The magazine he used to get was Strategy and Tactics magazine from avalon hill I believe. Great stuff if you like that sort of thing. I learned much about the Civil war by playing those games. and in a way got a good sense of each battle within the war. Just like the real thing, the board game of the Civil War games were very bloody. It was not uncommon to lose 60% of your units and still be declared the victor. More like survivor in my opinoin. The articles in the mag were good too.

Not that I like the Civil war more than any other battle, but Ken Burns series on PBS about the Civil war is probably the best detail I have ever seen in a TV series about a war. Really good job by him on it, highly reccommended.

top topics

join