It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on souls

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
what happened queen annie? .. lol

oops what?

you know 'oops' what!

[eye] know U above all WOULD know oops what. ')

huh? uh huh. it's me.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
as an atheist, may i be allowed to throw in an additional question on souls?

what if the embryo splits and we get twins?
what happens to the soul there?

do the twins share 1 soul?
does god add another one after they split?
etc
i just want an explaination on this because it is held by many christians that the soul is given at CONCEPTION, and identical twins form after that event

I am christian and i dont think the soul is given at conception. i think the soul is given at birth or during late stage or middle stage of pregnancy.

for example, babies dont cry and 'come alive' until the umbilical cord is cut. and even then, when i was born i didnt cry and my mom thought i was dead.

but i had gotten my head quite lumped up .. or maybe the pain relief med went through her into me during the birth which made me appear drugged at birth.

so thats where i get that problem from.. lol

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
I am christian and i dont think the soul is given at conception. i think the soul is given at birth or during late stage or middle stage of pregnancy.

i think, too, that in certain orchestrated tap-dances, that the first 7.2 years of the child's life are given free so that the child becomes its own 'me' before the chariot gets to get.

for example, babies dont cry and 'come alive' until the umbilical cord is cut. and even then, when i was born i didnt cry and my mom thought i was dead.

That's right! Alive she cried~!

But thank goodness for that horribly sad lovely ape King Kong...i finally cried when the King of Apes died for love in the New Your K Apple Eye Sky.

but i had gotten my head quite lumped up .. or maybe the pain relief med went through her into me during the birth which made me appear drugged at birth.

Exactly the opposite from the previous entrance-exit??
Nuts, huh? Or raisins? Never mind, i thought today was son day!
Get up any way!

so thats where i get that problem from.. lol

what problem? the claustrophobia?
egad it IS awful, though - if not for being eager to return to God it would be a fate worse than death and then death comes along to save you....

remember?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selmer2
So you are thinking that the spirit is the only thing that is truly us and the soul (although a vessel) is considered part of the body?
[edit on 8-2-2007 by Selmer2]

Selmer, essentially, yea, that is how I view it. Uh, my view on soul and spirit can be found on this thread here:

Soul Vs. Spirit

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
as an atheist, may i be allowed to throw in an additional question on souls?

what if the embryo splits and we get twins?
what happens to the soul there?

do the twins share 1 soul?
does god add another one after they split?
etc
i just want an explaination on this because it is held by many christians that the soul is given at CONCEPTION, and identical twins form after that event

Well, if you believe that the spirit is multidimensional, as I do, then it is quite possible that the same spirit inhabits the twins. The splitting means little to the spirit

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That is an intersting thread speaker

I am particularly interested in the gnostic diagram posted by tamahu

www.gnosticteachings.org...

The vital energy component is what I think about. I guess it is the primary component that influences life in your surrounding environment. I guess this thing is responsible for what the metaphysicians / philosophers call the 'universal attraction' or the lesser known.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Selmer, the Gnostics had the most defined ide about the soul of any group of people that I know. Their differentiation between the spiritual and the material falls in line with many of my ideas.

I suppose that one could correlate many of their ideas with the ATMAN and the Higher consciousness of the individual as well.

The Vital energy component is most likely what we would refer to as the spirit.. Or the "breath of God" aspect of our being. To get a better comprehension of what I am referring to, let me post the diagram that we are referring to

There is an obvious differentioan between the Astral body and the Etheric body in Gnostic ideology. The Gnostics realized that the Astral or "Soulic" body was not the same as the spiritual, or etheric, body... This is a concept that seems to have been lost to modern spiritual seekers.

[edit on 19-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join