It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had a dream in a Programing Language

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The other night, I had a very strange dream. I only dreamed in the programing language Visual Basic .NET 2003. It was a very strange dream. All I saw was a button press, an MsgBox appear, then it ended. Can anyone tell me why this happened?

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
you work in programming, or program for fun?

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
you could be like bender from futurerama and dream in binary. and every once in a while youll see a 2

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Got a little Loqutious left in ya.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I just program for fun. It is a hobby of mine.

Does anyone know what it could mean?

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
you are programming too much? :p

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Hey thanks!
. You know, I think you hit it right on the head!
. I probably am...maybe...maybe, I need a break.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
When I play Civilization too much I dream I'm God(ish) and watching people spread like germs.

Or Crusader too much (WHICH I HIGHLY RECOMMEND) I dream of castles and arrows raining on me.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Nah your dream is clear to me. that dialog box was a box that said "Format .Net Basic BS And install real programming language..."

seriously, yeah, you're probably programming to much.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I saw your ad for this thread on magestica's daughter's nightmares topic.

What an interesting snippet of a dream.

Dreams will generally have these elements in them:

1. Top of mind issues from around the time you feel asleep, or residual stuff from your day

2. The physical sensations that are taking place in your body as you sleep

3. Repressed unconscious fears, urges, and a whole lot of buried stuff that will come bubbling to the surface usually in symbols - the littlest parts of your dream not the biggies.

If it comes from a random image from your day or something you had programmed, no issue. If there's unconscious stuff going on with the outcomes of your "programming" then watch for that same imagery to keep appearing... I doubt you would personally want to reach conclusions on what it could mean yet!

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Some people try to resolve issues from the day in dreams. If there was a particular programming problem you were working on recently, it may just be that you are trying to resolve it in your "downtime"... Or, you could have been programming right before going to sleep, and thus your brain is just shutting down.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
Nah your dream is clear to me. that dialog box was a box that said "Format .Net Basic BS And install real programming language..."

Lol good one
Well said too

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I had the same exact dream last night, but only instead of a MsgBox appearing I saw the code for it...

MsgBox("***",MsgBoxStyle.Exclamation,"Message")

*** = I don't remember the text of the Message, but it's title was Message and it's style was exclamation. Only this time it didn't end, but I woke up before it could.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
[Edited on 19-12-2003 by JeanLucPicard]

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Jean,
Have you ever considered that you may be programing to much, or doing it right before going to bed?

GB

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Heya...

Sorry about my last post, lol. I was just messing with you.

I have the same thing as you JeanLucPicard...
I am always dreaming *in* code. Like the matrix as it were... I know what is going on, and can *see* it, but if I look again, all it is, is code.

The code is usually C/C++.
I probably program too much yea, lol. I always do it most at night... As that is when I am most 'active' as it were.

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
. You described it perfectly. I only dream in code. thats all that it is, but I can somehow "see" it. I usually dream in VB.NET but sometimes in HTML...

new topics

top topics

join