It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes a good Freemason?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
As I find the subject of the freemasons very very interesting indeed I looked deep within myself and asked "would I make a Good Freemason"? and if not, why?

I'm a decent citizen who has no criminal record, I work within the system of society, I have a family of my own, I give to charity whenever possible (apart from bums on the street, as they are worthless right?), I have my ties to property in the form of debt, I aspire to have more wealth.

These are the very basics of my life and I would like to devise some sort of points scoring system that would give me a more insightful view of what it takes to become a Freemason.

Many many secrets are kept away from non-masons so its hard to know anything about what is involved in the recruitment process of this most secret society.

Can anybody help me and suggest some ideas for my point scoring system?

[edit on 2/7/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
There is no points system. There is no recruitment process. You must be a male of legal age, come to it of your own free will and not out of mercenary motives or idle curiosity and believe in god as he has revealed himself to you.

The qualities you mentioned do indeed make for a good Freemason.
The also make for a good person in general.

[edit on 7-2-2007 by RWPBR]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
RWPBR

There is no points system.

Thank you for your comments.
I was referring to the development of my own point scoring system. If you have Any ideas that would be really cool.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Each and every mason joins for his own reason. As RWPBR said there is no point system. We accept all good men, or "Men Of Good Will", provided they can meet the basic requirement that have often been stated here.

The desire to do good for all mankind and a desire to learn both help. What a brother gets out of free masonry is only proportional to the efforts he is willing to put in.

This topic really belongs either in u2u, or as the mods will no doubt put it on below top secret. Despite how much I enjoy it, this isn't really consericy theory.

Seriously, find a local mason and talk with him one on one. That is the best way.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Student

This topic really belongs either in u2u, or as the mods will no doubt put it on below top secret. Despite how much I enjoy it, this isn't really consericy theory.

Yup, I'll be moving this to Chit Chat. You can find threads by hitting the "My ATS Favorites" button up in your tool bar. On the right are the threads that you are active in. Just click on them. You have to log in seperately in BTS and AbovePolitics though.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cain-diedhi
I give to charity whenever possible (apart from bums on the street, as they are worthless right?)

You're joking, right? At least when you give it to someone on the street (and, no, I don't think they're "worthless"), you know where it's going.

Just a thought.

top topics

join