It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force questions!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hello all. I have read many stories and posts where air force pilots claim they have seen and chased ufo "boogies" but it always seems they can't get a lock-on whether it be infrared or radar based. My question is why can't they? Even if these ufos cloak shouldn't a pilot be able to at least get an infrared lock? I have been playing various military flight simulators and although they are probably not too precise they do bare some resemblance to reality.

Also, why can't any SAM site lock on and shoot these puppies down? From my understanding modern SAM systems can lock targets up to 50 km's azimuth and 20 km's height. If this is true then shooting down ufos shouldn't be that tough!

Can any knowledgable person answer my questions?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well, getting a lock-on and actually fire your missiles at a target are two completely different things. I don't pretend to know exactly how it works but I guess the air force pilots lock their weapon systems on every target they observe. Just in case or something like that. That's probably what we see in the HUD vids circulating the Internet.

The air force pilots probably know (or instinctively feel) that firing missiles at targets with "pilots" that master intergalactic travel could seriously damage your health.

Also, why should they be shot down?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
For one thing the ships can move so fast that it is difficult for our missiles etc. I do believe they have gotten locks on them on occasion but these ships would be out of there as soon as they were launched.

Our military knows they are no match for the ships and so does our government.

I also believe our military knows if it was smart they woud not shoot the first shot.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
They are "surfing" the Earth's magnetic waves. The energy surrounding the craft is there, making it pretty much just part of the scenery. So, when you try anything conventional, like radar etc, the object does not always show up.

Now this is my take on it, take it for what it's worth, I'm no rocket scientist ;-) I also think that there are occurances where, because of certain areas or magnetic fields, they are visible on radar, and may even experience rough flight trying to get back into the "wave" so to speak. Our earths magnetic fields are much like the oceans currents. They change too. Most UFO videos you see show the object either stationary, or bobbing around like a childs magnet toy. If you've watched anything lately on all the levitation experiments, you'll notice a startling similarity. Also, to assume there is only "one" saucer technology out there I think would be silly. The universe is infinite. Don't think about that too long or you'll go insane ;-)

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I don't advocate starting any war with extra-terrestials. My questions are more of a hypothetical nature and are based on reports available on the internet. Jets give chase to ufos only to lose track of them.

Certainly, its a lose-lose situation. If you let them fly around you are showing weakness while encouraging more airspace violations and more abductions. On the other hand if you shoot them down you are running the risk of starting a war which will bring certain defeat and destruction.

Good points, however, if humanity goes down it's better it goes down swinging rather than just surrendering with no fight. IMO, an honorable death is much preferable to a disgraceful death!

Heck...give me a few sidewinder missiles and ill start it!

[edit on 6/2/07 by SkepticGreek74]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Maybe the aliens are indeed terrorists and hide WMDs in them flying saucers...

I think you're right. Let's start spreading democracy in the galaxy and kick some serious alien butt! I mean, how can we be sure the Pleiadians aren't God-denying communists? Or even worse, Europeans! Better safe than sorry!

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Ask yourself...what do they use to "lock on"? Radar.... We can defeat radar...stands to reason an interstellar craft can do so as well...
(at least now that it's been around for a while...many believe early use of radar contributed to early crashes for UFOs not expecting it....)

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
IKEA,

Originally posted by IKEA
Maybe the aliens are indeed terrorists and hide WMDs in them flying saucers...

I think you're right. Let's start spreading democracy in the galaxy and kick some serious alien butt! I mean, how can we be sure the Pleiadians aren't God-denying communists? Or even worse, Europeans! Better safe than sorry!

I don't think the Pleiadians or the nordics are our enemy. It's the greys and draconians that are the enemy! Have you done any research on aliens or are you intentionaly trying to confuse people? Also, what does communism have to do with it? Officially, communists denounced religion however people still went to church. Now that communism has dissolved things are a bit different. In case your wondering, most russians are Eastern Orthodox Christians!

I hope you were kidding in your previous post! Like I already said, it's not about spreading any religion or political system anywhere, rather its about saving human respect and stopping abductions!

Gazrok,

Originally posted by Gazrok
Ask yourself...what do they use to "lock on"? Radar.... We can defeat radar...stands to reason an interstellar craft can do so as well... (at least now that it's been around for a while...many believe early use of radar contributed to early crashes for UFOs not expecting it....)

I know the weakness of radar systems but what about an infrared lock? Even if ufos cloak an infrared lock, or heat seeking, should be possible. Again, I am not claiming to know everything but rather my limited knowledge is based on military flight simulators that do bear some resemblance to reality.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I know the weakness of radar systems but what about an infrared lock? Even if ufos cloak an infrared lock, or heat seeking, should be possible. Again, I am not claiming to know everything but rather my limited knowledge is based on military flight simulators that do bear some resemblance to reality.

An idea is that they use a type of gravitic drive that bends space/time to traverse the distances...even in atmospheric flight... Therefore, any heat, radar, etc. signature likely wouldn't escape the gravity warp around the ship, so conventional means of locking on wouldn't apply.

Also, we can easily thwart most heat seeking systems also, with chaff flares, etc. Who's to say they don't have something that could quickly ionize the air into a plasma, then get out of dodge?

I'm just saying that it's a hypothetical question, so all we have is hypothetical answers...but ones based on realistic expectations and ideas...

As for those who think the Pleidians of Billy Meier fame are so "goody", ask yourself what they've done for us (humanity) in the decades they've allegedly been in contact.... The answer? Squat... Besides taking Billy on joyrides and occassionally taking popshots at trees, Billy's Pleidians haven't exactly offered up the cure for cancer, or stepped in to handle the Middle East crisis, so how goody two-shoes are they really (supposing, and it's a stretch, that they exist in the first place)????

top topics

join