It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my City the Home of a Secret Government Facility?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If you have ever been to San Antonio for a while you know of USAA.

If not then I will fill you in the best I can:

USAA was founded as the United States Army Automobile Association in 1922. Within a year, it was almost bankrupt, through a series of events including a new leader and expansion to serve all military officers as the United Services Automobile Association, it regained solid footing.

It has always been headquartered in San Antonio, TX. One of its earliest buildings is located on Grayson Street across from the Quadrangle of Fort Sam Houston. While the building is in disrepair, it still bears the shield of "USAAA". After some time, it moved to Hildebrand & Broadway near Brackenridge Park, in what has become one of the AT&T buildings. In the early 1980s, it moved once again to its current headquarters in Northwest San Antonio to a campus of 286 acres on what was a horse farm.

thanks to: en.wikipedia.org... for the official version.

I've been to this building several times through out my life (4-5) for different events. The first time I noticed something wrong was went I broke from the group and went to the bathroom. I was met by two well armed plain clothes guards as I was washing my hands. One waited with me while the other went outside. I over heard him talking on his walkie that "the subject have been found and its a false alarm", before he went out of earshot. Needless to say I was a little terrified, was in Junior High at the time and these guys were a little scary. They walked me back to my group and shadowed my group for the rest of the time. When I went up to apologize to them later for going to the bathroom, they played it off, that they were responsible for keeping other peoples insurance info protected.

This got me started thinking. Do any other insurance companies have armed guards waiting for someone to make a wrong turn. The next time I went there I was a Soph in HS(some awards baquett my parent made me go to). I we actually had to take an elevator up to a couple of floors. When I noticed that the subfloor buttons went down about 30 floors, I made a joke. The tour guide told me "Yeah we keep alot of files down there". Now I'm really interested 30 sub floors, armed guards for files

I've talked with several people who have worked there as data processors, etc. They tell me how great it is to work there. Jobs there are like civil service with high pay and great benifets. They also tell how there is a general feeling that something is going on underneath the place. No one talks about it, you do and you get your walking papers.

Another time I was there this time as a training seminar, I watched as several techs got off the elevator. I made a slight joke to them about having alot to do. They looked at my suspicously. I never been able to catch a hint, when they questioned me what I was talking about. I said alot of work to do with 30 floors of files to work on must keep you busy all of the time. They eyed me suspiciously and waited until a guard walked with them to their cars.

When I got back to my apartment, someone had broken in. My computer was completely wiped(I never got it working right and had to toss it). The funny thing was that nothing was missing, it had just be ransacked. Pillows torn up, books on the floor, like that. At the time I was just starting out on my own, and didn't have much to begin with.

Since then I've kept my distance. I've tried to get info on them with out entering their compound, or alerting them in any way. I've got butkus as far as info.

So far I've got an Insurance company that has its own compound. Armed guards who make you feel really friendly (I've served in the armed forces and I've been to bases that were restricted to civilians who had less of a force than this). Plain clothes guards who look like Merc's. An above ground insurance facility with a 30 floor basement that I've never met (unless you count those tech's) anyone who has been down there and will admit it. And Possible outside operators who will personally check out someones place.

I believe there is a something going on in the basemnet. Whether its CIA, chemical weapons, Lab testing, Secret storage (after all the best place to hide something is in plain sight), futuristic lab (Resident Evil style), what ever.

I'm putting this out in hopes that someone has some clues, info, similar related stories, what ever. Because I'm getting no where.

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/2/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
so do you believe men followed you back to your home and then latter searched it and destroyed your computer? Do you think the incidents where related? What exactly did you do so horrible that would justify such an action from professional goverment agents?? (or did some punk just break in and since you really had nothing to steal...nothing was missing)

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Is my City the Home of a Secret Government Facility?

I think every city is home to a secret government facility. That way there can’t be one finger pointed at one place when it comes to secret government projects. if you ask a question about one aspect they tell you that the answer to that question is forbidden to answer due to another aspect. TOP SECRET STUFF.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
ok , a couple of questions :

which USAA hq building are you refereing to - you do not give your age

the new campus , or the old building ?

because frankly - as soom as people make claims of " 30 floor " underground facilities - i sigh

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Many years ago, 70 - 72, can't pin it down anymore than that due to ancient age and faulty memory.

I was working for extra money as a security guard and one of my assignments was the USAA building. I had to spend 8 - 10 hours, continuously, waking around and keying the little portable security clock.

It was a large building made of three multilevel complexes, out in the boonies, at the time. However, there was not any sub-level construction, and there was no real evidence of anything being below the bottom floor.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Do insurance company hq's and buildings regularly hire armed guards? yes they do.
One reason they do this is because of irate customers, especially during or after a specific event where the customers feel the ins company owe them a lot of money.
I'm an Independent Casualty Adjuster, specifically a Catastrophic Casualty Adjuster. During the 2004 hurricanes in Florida, I was working for Allstate and had to make frequent visits to their temporary State Headquarters, which was based in Lake Mary Fl.
I visited that buidling 2-3 times a week between the hours of 8 am and 8 pm and they had an armed guard on every Allstate floor and two armed guards on the "Corporate Floor" .
This floor is where most of the managers were as well as the check issuing department. We were issued checks to carry with us in order to get claims settled for the customer as fast as possible.
Anyway, when we visited the Corp Floor, we had to sign in and out, with the guards, as soon as we stepped off the elevator.
Yes i know these conditions were extraordinary due to the hectic activity that exists around all disaster areas but i thought id mention my experience to yall.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
USAA is one of the most exclusive banks as well as insurance carriers. If you are a member, you have be affiliated with Government service (or your family has). That is the ONLY way to be elgible.Up until recently only an "officer" level or above was elgible, now NCO's are elgible. I know because I am a member.They are a VERY well respected finacial institution. I would watch people wandering near my piggy bank as well.

[edit on 10-2-2007 by jburton]

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
hiii_98- No they didn't take anything. My apartment was just torn up and completely gone thru. My cushons were ripped open with a knife, along with my mattress. All my books, and tapes were thrown on the floor. Stuff had been moved around and upended. My computer was completely wiped, and didn't work right afterwards. I ended up tossing it. I will not compare my ordeal to yours and Area 51 (You've done better than I).

What exactly did you do so horrible that would justify such an action from professional goverment agents??

That was my thought exactly. Why would anyone take that kind of action unless they had something to hide?

ignorant_ape- The New building, Its been around for more years than I can remember. I don't remember the old one, and have never been to it. The new compound has been around since I was in elementary school.

sigung86- don't know what to say, other than you aren't the first guy to tell me that there is nothing to find. Could be, I could be making a mountain out of a mole hill. All I can say is that, different experience I have had, have led me to believe other wise. But thanks for your input.

Kr0n0s-Do all insurance companies have armed, and plain clothes security 365 days a year that would make a prison proud
This place does. This isn't just a one time thing, or for special occasions.

jburton- I have no doubt they are protecting alot of money. They don't keep it there(I believe anyway), they will only keep information at a Hub like that.

top topics

join