It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: What if nothing happens?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well, I work in IT and hope we don't have to go through a repeat of the Y2K fiasco. All those scare scenarios about the financial collapse and people being trapped in elevators, etc. due to their legacy programming.

And then -------------------- nothing happened.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
What will happen in 2012 hmmmmmmmm

Well I would have finished uni by then (hopefully lol) and would have had a job for a couple of years (hopefully lol) and maybe me and my girlfriend would have moved in together (hopefully lol)

2012 The london olympics
2012 European football Championships

Thats to name but a couple of things Some other stuff might happen

I've heard it too many times seems the end of the world is going to happen once a month these days

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by almeister 5000
Thats to name but a couple of things Some other stuff might happen

I've heard it too many times seems the end of the world is going to happen once a month these days

Enjoyed the post and it made me laugh a bit to myself.

However, the point of this thread is not to discuss what may happen in 2012 (there are many predictions already) but rather, I am curious as to what everyone who seems to be banking on something happening plans on doing if nothing comes to pass.

This board has many who seem to be preparing for something big; or at least talk about it. I am surprised that they are not putting their thoughts in here...

...after all, you have to be prepared for the possible nothing as well.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If nothing comes from 2012, or 1/2 years either way of that date, then fook it, im just gonna try heroin and overdose

why bother living on if there is really no purpose to life? also, given international tensions, the energy crisis, "global warming", what is the point of getting a job and plodding on if the world is going to descend into chaos anyway.. If the NWO is not stopped by some "event", then id rather die sooner than get trapped up in a prison (for both body n mind).

Luckily for me, im 100% sure THIS IS THE END...dun dun DUN!

I am prepared to be completely wrong, and as i said, i have a backup plan (lol), but there is simply too much evidence, we ARE currently at the end of time.

For starters, the 2012 idea is not found in the mainstream at all, and when you take into account the blatant Y2K non-event (they always knew), it makes you wonder if Y2K was a well timed propaganda piece.

I mean, everyone now says, "2012 is nothing, just look at the Y2K thing", simply because Y2K was so hyped up, and we were all told it was serious stuff, then nothing happened. People will be less inclined to believe 2012 so soon after one failed date.

Also i think that the spiritual side of 2012 puts people off. It is saying, "yes, there is purpose to life", and some people obviously don't think there is, they believe the logical scientific approach of evidence first, belief later.

To that end, there is a certain amount of faith in regards to 2012, but i honestly can't see it not happening. I've seen so much and experienced so much i believe it fully. This is suprising for me, because i have always denied a higher power or a point to life, i was with the science crowd, that we are just spectacular accidents.

Evidence for 2012? Just look at the state of the weather, tectonic and UFO activity. It is becoming increasingly more apparent to the normal person.

Why else would the surge of global warming coverage be coming out now? It was known years ago. Why else would we be on the verge of an attack on Iran, and the subsequent installation of the NWO?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
For 2012 i can predict something with almost 100% certainty, i will wake up new years day with the worst hangover of my life. Honestly they just seem to get worse each new year.

Apart from that, well i don't care if something does or doesn't happen. It's nice to think that a positive event will occur but i doubt it will be any different than other new years.

If nothing happens and we don't all die, well then i guess i'll just have to deal with the hangover.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines

However, with it being such a popular date and with so many people banking so much of their lives on that date -like DarkKnight- you would think that this one is the 'big one' as far as frenzy goes.

Well, from what I understand, don't really know the specifics, some of what DarkKnight "predicted" is already happening, so, maybe it's not in error. All we can do is wait and see. If there is something coming, not much we can do about it. If there's not, well, there's not much we can do about that either. Personally, I think 2012 is to be looked forward to, not dreaded. However, that is just my opinion.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
For 2012 i can predict something with almost 100% certainty, i will wake up new years day with the worst hangover of my life. Honestly they just seem to get worse each new year.

Apart from that, well i don't care if something does or doesn't happen. It's nice to think that a positive event will occur but i doubt it will be any different than other new years.

If nothing happens and we don't all die, well then i guess i'll just have to deal with the hangover.

Has nothing to do with new years... The big event is supposed to culminate December 21, 2012

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Has nothing to do with new years... The big event is supposed to culminate December 21, 2012

As much as i know 2012 will happen, the actual date is something im not 100% sure on. I have heard 2007/2008 or 2011/12.

Things are definatly starting to accelerate now. Iran is in the crosshairs, bird flu has reappeared in the UK, Blair and Bush both facing an encroaching wave of justice, and increasing weather, tectonic and UFO activity...i wouldn't be suprised if it happened in 2007/08 to be honest.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
People, its easy to say nothing is gonna happen.

Remembering that thoughts create reality, and your thoughts create your reality, iso if you dont believe, and nothing happens to you, dont be at all surprised!

Just think, for a minute, shift your energy for a minute onto the possibility that something WILL happen, just for a minute. What do you want?

Do you even know what is supposed to "happen" in 2012? Probably not.

Let me tell you this, the human race will ascend in 2012, but by no means will EVERYONE ascend. If you are vibrating too low, and you cannot grasp the higher realities of the universe, you will not ascend! SIMPLE IS IT CHILDREN?

Ascesion is happening to us individually, some will ascend sooner than others, some will not ascend at all. YOU have the choice! You can choose to believe nothing will happen, and keep believing in the reality you are given, or you can join the mass awakening, and turn this world from a prison to a paradise...

Have you heard of Ascension? If not, what are you waiting for! Look it up!

I stress again, Ascension is INDIVIDUAL, and not everyone is gonna ascend this time around. Im not saying this to spread fear, Im saying this because this is how it is.

Alot of people think that nothing is gonna happen, yet they have no clues or facts to back it up, they just dont believe...ignorance is not bliss, my friends, it could mean another series of lifetimes in 3D for you if you choose not to ascend.

So make up your mind now, children of Earth, do you want to ascend or not? Are you ready for the higher realities? Are you ready for higher knowledge, higher awareness, higher understanding, than the consensus reality of Earth now? If not, than you will find the coming few years EXTREMELY challenging.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
At the end of 2012 some crackpot 'seer' will proclaim he (she) had another revelation and some other future date will be picked.

This seer will write a book about the next apocalyptic scenario, which millions of the naive and gullible will buy. Plus fat fees from the lecture circuit.

There's some real money to be made in the conspiracy/doomsday racket.

Argh. I think you've called it right on the nose. There's a comet or asteroid due in 2024 or 2036 (and Lunux 8 bit operating systems will be unable to calculate the date correctly). And there's probably an equinox to be crossed or some other celestial sign (like 6 planets lining up on the same side of the sun.)

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
2012 hasn't only been mentioned in Mayan prophecies.. but it is also mentioned elsewhere as well.. (ancient india, egypt etc...)

Something WILL happen for sure.. !

here are some links to take a look at:

www.indiadaily.com...
www.indiadaily.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Would you write a fake conspiracy book to fool the gullible masses into buying it? If you wouldnt, why would other people...THINK!

Doomsday? Asteroids? Alien invasions? My, your programmers have done a fine job with your minds havent they...

Turn off the idiot box for a second, and look WITHIN! DO THE MASSES OF PEOPLE EVEN KNOW, THAT ALL ANSWERS CAN BE FOUND WITHIN?

"The kingdom of God lies within" do you people ever ponder what such phrases mean? I WOULD HUMBLY SUGGEST NOT!

Who tells you an asteroid will hit us in 20whatever? Oh, i see, your government and military institutions tell you thusly. These are the same people who tell you that flouride in the water, and mercury in the vaccines is good! These are the same people who tell you arab terrorists are trying to murder you because they hate freedom! These are the same people, who tell you, that advanced civilizations and ETs in general, do not exist! They know damn well they exist! THESE ARE THE SAME PEOPLE, WHO DECEIVE YOU IN EVERY SINGLE WAY IMAGINABLE! Why would you believe them??

Again, go within. How the hell do you go within, some people may ask! And I say, have you forgot about meditation? Do you know what happens when a person meditates? It seems like they are doing nothing right? Well get a brain wave recorder in there, and youll see, INCREDIBLE THINGS HAPPEN!

Where did you ones think God would be anyways? Perched upon some cloud, handing out hell sentences for those who disobey! NO! HE LIES IN EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU, BECAUSE HE IS YOU!

ALL IS ONE AND ONE IS ALL! Where else would God be but inside of you???

You think God would let the human race, one of his beloved creations, destroy ourselves and this planet? You must be mad if you think God would just give up on us, have you no faith in your Creator?

Doomsday, apocalypse, annihilation! Its all lies! Spread to you by your "loving" governments to program your minds with fear! Why do you give power to SATAN?

The opposite is gonna happen. The human race wont be annihilated! WE WILL ASCEND! We are overdue for an evolutionary leap, dont you think! Is this real, is it coming? GO WITHIN AND ASK YOUR GOD-SELF, AS YOUR INTUITION, YOUR LINK TO YOUR CREATOR, AND SEE WHAT IT SAYS!!

[edit on 5-2-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
2012: What if nothing happens?

Then humanity will just go and pick another date to worry about.
Doomsdays are always gonna be there.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
satan.. lol please.. how do u know the bible wasn't some story someone wrote? imo the bible is just one huge piece of fiction with no truth whatsoever behind it.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hmmm....what if 2012 comes and nothing happens? Well then I guess I will go to the store and purchase a bag of M&Ms and 2 litres of homogenized, vitamin D enriched milk. When the chocolates are frozen solid I will retrieve them and pour a glass of milk and sit down at my computer and log on to ATS. Mmmm.....frozen chocolate candies and whole milk.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sager
satan.. lol please.. how do u know the bible wasn't some story someone wrote? imo the bible is just one huge piece of fiction with no truth whatsoever behind it.

Please stay on topic.

If you would like to discuss the bibles validity then please find the appropriate thread and/or subgroup.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Satans biggest trick is convincing you he doesnt exist.

You must not judge what you do not know. Satan is every bit as real as the nose on your face! Your highest government leaders take oaths to Satan!

Look, Satan even puts his satanic hand gestures into popular culture which mindless people will eagerly accept as "cool." WHAT A PITY WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN SATAN!

Thank God for 2012 and Ascension, and Thank God that God loves you so much, or else Satan would run amuck on this planet like you would never believe!

This deserves its own thread, so I will put one up. Come check it out.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
LightWorker13,

You (judging by your posts) are a perfect example of the kind of person which I would like to adress my original post.

What if your predicted ascension does not come to pass. Are you going to see yourself as one of the 'unfaithful' or 'unworthy'?

How do you think it would shake the foundations of your belief system, if at all?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
i dont know if anything will happen in 2012

what i do know, is that the end of the world has been predicted

that there is truth to what the predictions were about us destroying earth. and destroying eachother. it's happening everyday

i do believe there will be a judgment day.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Light Worker, I also would like to know what you will do if your ascention does not happen.

From your posts am I to believe that the alleged 2012 event will be religious in nature? What happens to the millions of people who don't believe in a higher power? What makes your religion the right one and others wrong? Did the Mayans believe in one God?

I feel that religon and the bible are very much a part of this topic because it seems that there are those that feel that 2012 is going to be a biblical/religious event.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join