It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My only experience!!! Anybody else had this???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Well basically I went to Scotland to spend a week with my family; we stayed in an old house in the middle of no wear on the island uist (think it’s spelt like that). I was put on the very top floor which I was very freaked out with every night, I always just felt a presence there and when it came to second to last night I told myself that I was just being a big pussy and that nothing was there (which made me sleep fine).

Then on the last day we were all eating in the dining room and I was stood at the end of the table (of which was very long, about 20 seats, and the other 4 people with sat right at the other end). I was just about to make my speech when somebody or something tapped me on the shoulder and said my name, I turned around and nothing or nobody was there. I suddenly felt very sick and my family said that I went very pail. There was nobody else in the house as they were all sat at the table.

And a totally different experience was a close family member died and a few days before the anniversary of his death he would pop into my deep dream and say “I’m ok, are you ok” then I’d say “I’m fine” , then I would wake up with a smile a face thinking to myself that I have talked to him.

All views welcome. Thanks.

Sam.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Welcome to the boards.

You have to realize that we see a half dozen similar stories like this a week. The point being it is very hard for any of us to have an opinion without more information because we did not experience the event ourselves.

I say look into the history of that house. Have you experienced it outside of the home? How long ago did this occur? Is anyone that was present on the trip into the Occult or might dabble in the paranormal? Have you? Ouija boards divination etc.

If you only experienced it at that one house and your story is true I would say at worst it would be a poltergeist. If you've experienced it elsewhere, I would first advise you to look into the most likely option, which would be a problem with you and nothing paranormal. I know that is probably not what you want to hear but 99 percent of stories where you are hearing a voice is a diagnosable mental illness. In that other 1 percent I would simply ask are you religious? (If you get my drift.)

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Thats a very good story. I dont have anything like that, but I do have something in parts. I have heard my name before, and had no one be there. (And point taken about the insanity thing, lol, could be true I suppose) And one time, which I will never forget as long as I live, I woke up in the middle of the night just KNOWING that there was something in the room with me. No, I wasnt little then, I was about 18, and it was the worst feeling I have ever had. So I totally understand the pale part, I wanted to throw up I was so scared.

I was raised in Hawaii, and there we believe (out in the sticks where I am from anyway) that the land itself has a certain "charge" in certain places. Maybe the place you were saying was just right energetically for the thing to have enough energy to manifest and you were the most sensitive person in the room and thats why it picked you.

I would say that if you have experiences like that that you may have some kind of extra sensitivity, and that maybe you should try to figure out in what specific area it is. I know a few sensitive people, notice I dont say psychic, and their skills are quite real, but nothing like television and movies would lead you to expect. Often the talents are very subtle, and just exthensions of things all people can do, like extra empathy, sharper than usual intiution, etc.

In any case, it sure does seem like you have something going on, just try not to let it freak you out, it may end up being useful to you someday once you get used to it.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Well I hope I’m just extra sensitive and that I’m not loosing my mind! Thanks anyway.

I’m off to harness my new powers LOL, no but seriously I will look into it.

Cheers. Sam.

[edit on 6-2-2007 by BritishArmyREME]

join