It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who should be blamed for Global Warming?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glyph_D
annestacey-if that the case way is the temperature rising in the surrounding planets at/near the same rate as earth?

Right! The entire heliosphere is increasing in temperature and changing in other ways, too. I read that the Russian scientists had determined, somehow, that there had been a 1000% increase in some sort of bombardment at the leading edge of the heliosphere. My lack of technically correct vocabulary is atrocious. Sorry...i'll go fish up a linky.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Here is some assorted related info: Seed

This one has several things that might be hopeful instead of discouraging.

Google heliosphere and there is much to read.

I think things are going to improve, actually. And I think we are going to figure it all out within the next few years. Black holes and all that.

[edit on 2/6/2007 by queenannie38]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Blame?
why not blame earths cycles, or termites, or bovine species, both of which produce massive amounts of the much more potent greenhouse gas methane?

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by undercoverchef

Please check out...

Terry Gerlach, US Geological Survey, Cascades Volcano Observatory

The greenhouse gas carbon dioxide (CO2) is the most abundant gas (after water) emitted by volcanoes. Volcanologists estimate an annual global output of 200 million tons of volcanic CO2 per year. This natural source is balanced by natural processes that remove CO2 from the atmosphere-specifically by the weathering of rock into soil by atmospheric CO2 dissolved in rain and surface waters.

By comparison, human activities such as the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation produce 130 times more CO2 than all the world's volcanoes put together (adding 26,000 million tons of CO2 to the atmosphere each year, the equivalent of 8,000 Kilaueas (Hawaii's most active volcano). This comparison suggests humans are producing CO2 at a rate unprecedented in a geological history stretching back many millions of years. Clearly, there is need to think seriously about the implications of human CO2 emissions and to consider how current energy policy and land use practices may impact our collective future.

yes its true forests help reduce the levels of co2, but saying deforestation creates more co2 is not an informed opinion. deforestation prevents the reduction of co2, but it does not create it.

our fossil fuel burning is no where near as being as effective as a single volcano, let alone many volcanos.

This natural source is balanced by natural processes that remove CO2 from the atmosphere-specifically by the weathering of rock into soil by atmospheric CO2 dissolved in rain and surface waters.

this here applys to all the co2 humans create aswell. nature doesnt pick and chosse what co2 to assimilate based on origin.

what my point is- this entire campaign of global warming is a fraud(as its presented). in the past people didnt want to talk about it becuase they would lose money. now they want to talk about it becuase they can make money.

its true the planet is getting warmer, but we need to assess all the information before we start pointing fingers.

i stated befor the temp rise is across the entire solar system. that alone suggests its not a human aspect.

the HORIZON PROJECT is a good place to look in to, there are are a few threads on ATS that go into it.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glyph_D

our fossil fuel burning is no where near as being as effective as a single volcano, let alone many volcanos.

This is untrue.
Examine the CO2 record from any of the dozens of sampling stations around the globe. If this were true, then that CO2 record would be full of spikes, one for each eruption. The fact is, it is a very smooth trend.
cdiac.esd.ornl.gov...

The total of all volcanoes emit CO2 at a rate about 1/150th that of anthropogenic emissions.
volcanoes.usgs.gov...
volcano.und.edu...

what my point is- this entire campaign of global warming is a fraud(as its presented). in the past people didnt want to talk about it becuase they would lose money. now they want to talk about it becuase they can make money.

The only money to be lost is by Exxon and other oil giants.

its true the planet is getting warmer, but we need to assess all the information before we start pointing fingers.

Like these people did?

i stated befor the temp rise is across the entire solar system. that alone suggests its not a human aspect.

the HORIZON PROJECT is a good place to look in to, there are are a few threads on ATS that go into it.

Oh yes the remote viewers at HORIZON PROJECT certainly have the advantage over the thousands of climatologist in the world.
I found one of those threads.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
ok i have a major problem with the links you gave me. firstly nearly all the large numbers that are reported under fossil fuel emissions are solely C production not CO2. they do not even attempt to find the actual levels of CO2.

i have a gut feeling someone is trying to pull a fast one here. so before anyone jumps on me for saying what im saying, plz double check your reference and see if they talk of C or CO2.

now C(carbon) is not dangerous, all biological life is made of carbon, and if some one takes measurements on C they will indeed have a very large number.

CO2(carbon-dioxide) is a colorless odorless gas and if is concentrated can kill.

the two are very different, but these papers are saying they are not- that they are the same.

CO2 is one of many agents that contribute to greenhouse, C does/is not.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

link
Comparison of CO2 emissions from volcanoes vs. human activities.
Scientists have calculated that volcanoes emit between about 130-230 million tonnes (145-255 million tons) of CO2 into the atmosphere every year (Gerlach, 1999, 1992). This estimate includes both subaerial and submarine volcanoes, about in equal amounts. Emissions of CO2 by human activities, including fossil fuel burning, cement production, and gas flaring, amount to about 22 billion tonnes per year (24 billion tons) [ ( Marland, et al., 1998) - The reference gives the amount of released carbon (C), rather than CO2.]. Human activities release more than 150 times the amount of CO2 emitted by volcanoes--the equivalent of nearly 17,000 additional volcanoes like Kilauea (Kilauea emits about 13.2 million tonnes/year)!

link
Present-day carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from subaerial and submarine volcanoes are uncertain at the present time. Gerlach (1991) estimated a total global release of 3-4 x 10E12 mol/yr from volcanoes. This is a conservative estimate. Man-made (anthropogenic) CO2 emissions overwhelm this estimate by at least 150 times.

by the way could some one help me with their equation??

3-4 x 10E12 mol/yr

whats E for starters :eruption, emission, e-somthing??

link
Since 1751 roughly 305 billion tons of carbon have been released to the atmosphere from the consumption of fossil fuels and cement production. Half of these emissions have occurred since the mid 1970s. The 2003 global fossil-fuel CO2 emission estimate, 7303 million metric tons of carbon, represents an all-time high and a 4.5% increase from 2002.

Globally, liquid and solid fuels accounted for 76.7% of the emissions from fossil-fuel burning in 2003. Combustion of gas fuels (e.g., natural gas) accounted for 19.2% (1402 million metric tons of carbon) of the total emissions from fossil fuels in 2003 and reflects a gradually increasing global utilization of natural gas. Emissions from cement production (275 million metric tons of carbon in 2003) have more than doubled since the mid 1970s and now represent 3.8% of global CO2 releases from fossil-fuel burning and cement production. Gas flaring, which accounted for roughly 2% of global emissions during the 1970s, now accounts for less than 1% of global fossil-fuel releases.

that seems fishy to me

Emissions of CO2 by human activities, including fossil fuel burning, cement production, and gas flaring, amount to about 22 billion tonnes per year (24 billion tons)

if the above inculdes fossil fuels and so on what are they including it in to???

human activity?? how specific or vague can that be???

[edit on 6/2/07 by Glyph_D]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join